Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Maeve Fix is Simple

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    You can't say champions like Lex, Moji, Maeve are op because they hit from far away when Evie does the exact same thing lol.
    You can't say "They should get near target so supported and the covered team who cares each about each other will hard to flank "
    Evie doesn't need to get near her target. In fact her escape is pretty ridiculous and Evie does more damage than all of these champions from longer range regardless of her projectile speed with no real range falloff. Evie will benefit from torvald shielding and jenos healing just as much as any other champion. So by your own logic Evie needs a nerf.
    That's not why Maeve or any of those champs are "op" (They're not op)
    Maeve's knives are EXTREMELY easy to dodge lol. (Alot easier than evie's projectiles)

The real issue is SJ rewards players with tons more damage with no catch and completely makes every other talent useless. It's a brain dead talent like Lex's discovery and probably Evie's Wormhole. "Here is tons of advantage for no reason at all" - Overused flank talents.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Check Evie's projectiles speed.
    Check Moji's spread and range. Check Zhin's range.
    Check Lex with braindead auto-aim.
    Check some of the threads on this forum about them.

The most annoying thing about Maeve, as always said, is that she needs a huge dmg fall off, to avoid sniping.
    By the way, if you have problems with Evie, I suggest you to try a third game with her. Yeah, 2 games are probably not enough to know how to counter her. Evie's WH is not "overused for OPness". The other LCs suck, simply as that.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Its not as simple as u think . Even after giving her dmg fall off and nerfing street justice , with the right loadout she still has upto 50% dmg reduction , which makes her tanky-er than a bulk up buck.

She is suppose to be a hit and run champ , not " I can take all the dmg in the world cus i got so many dr cards in my loadout" champ.

Imagine an evie with 50% dr , thats how horribly broken meave is rn.
    Torv aimbot gone

Now get rid of Lex and lian's

Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    Wormhole hinders mobility.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0j3ct97 View Post
    If this is the case then I highly push for a separate balance from console, it is challenging to hit both daggers from a distance with the enemy strafing side to side. The mouse aiming for projectile based champions is obviously more easier than on an analogue stick, more time is taken in actually lining up the crosshair effectively to actually hit anything and within that time the enemy champion is at advantage.
    I've been crying for a seperate patch for as long as i can remember. I expected them to do it BEFORE they removed the beta tag but.....

Also yes, Maeve's range needs some nerf. SJ needs nerf. Her other talents needs positive adjustments and her base kit as well.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzlucky77 View Post
    Fall off damage. I don't know why people stopped pushing for this

I've seen a lot of people saying street justice is what makes her good, but here's my take.

That only applies to the highest of skill levels.

I've been playing against more and more maeves recently and the thing i notice is the real problem with her ( outside of her pounce GOING THROUGH SHIELDS imo ) is the fact she doesn't have to be close to be effective.

Here's a quote straight from the flanker diary

"Flanks excel at single target burst damage, but they need to get in closer to do it effectively."

Maeve's knifes are frankly not that hard to hit considering the number of buffs they have received. She only needs to hit you once from any distance to bring you down to close to half health. She's pretty free to 1v1 you at that point ( obviously excluding tanks ) considering her DR. The lack of damage fall off on her knifes right now are a direct contradiction to what flankers are supposed to be.

So like i said, i think the one thing she needs is to have damage fall off. If Hi-Rez is INSISTENT on making flank characters able to have that high burst they talk about in the diary. The same should be true for the effective range.

Edit: Lemme specify, by hit you once i mean with BOTH knifes. Still that isn't difficult in itself considering how close the knifes are together
    Um, how much Maeve do you play? Hitting both daggers at long range isn't difficult...if either you or your target isn't moving. If you (Maeve) aren't moving, you're probably doing a shitty job. If your target isn't moving, they're probably doing a shitty job. Either way, its not the characters fault, it's most likely the player(s). Second, Maeve can't do her job effectively at long range. Sure, MAYBE you can hit your shots, but you won't be getting much frags and killing an appropriate target. Street Justice is much more of a problem if you consider Maeve's "long range daggers" a problem. You can kill a target very quickly without your target being able to react. This even applies to Frontlines, who should normally win this matchup. Not to mention it doesn't require much skill to do so either.

Street Justice is the real problem here.
    "Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!" -Raeve Maeve

"Nice set of teeth you have there. Have fun picking them up off the floor!" -Ash

"Confess your sins unto to me, child, and I will absolve you. Flank Pip? Sorry, you're beyond saving." -Godess Lian

"Do you even lift bro?" -Longboard Lex

"The truest form of sacrilege is refusing to pick a frontline." -Jade Priestess Seris

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    You're 100% right: "nonsense reasons". They've been outplayed by a better player and they complain. No other reasons to ask for a nerf on Evie, she's just decent after a long while.
    Oh I'm sorry, did you think you were good?
    Current rank:Diamond(Master in S1)

Current Mains:

Flank: Zhin
    Damage: Sha lin
    Healer: Jenos
    Frontline: Fernando, Makoa, Ruckus, Khan (RIP torv)

Let the community be more involved in balancing Hi-rez, but stop looking to gold ranked players!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by OffPHwnr View Post
    My Evie is just "average". Still, I am not 5yo since long, so I can accept there are better players than me and don't ask for a stupid unmotivated nerf just for being outplayed ^^
    Kudos, Zhin main! :-*
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Marquess dbzlucky77's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMasd View Post
    Your argument is sort of flawed, because by your logic Hirez would have to nerf Evie, Zhin and Moji who all have long range capabilities. Even flank champions like Lex and Andro can be effective from mid-range but will completely roll you over in close combat.
    You're right they ALL need toning down in some shape or form. Tone down doesn't mean major nerfs. Just small touch ups will do. This topic specifically about maeve though, so lets not derail it into flanks in general

I should note Lex & moji need more of changes then nerfs. But again they aren't what this topic is about

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0j3ct97 View Post
    If this is the case then I highly push for a separate balance from console, it is challenging to hit both daggers from a distance with the enemy strafing side to side. The mouse aiming for projectile based champions is obviously more easier than on an analogue stick, more time is taken in actually lining up the crosshair effectively to actually hit anything and within that time the enemy champion is at advantage.
    I have been a huge advocate for console and PC separate balance. It's frankly astounding ( to put it lightly ) Hi-Rez think they can balance both with the same changes. Although there is ONE thing i'll say. IN MY EXPERIENCE on PS4, all the crazy movement that goes on on PC simply doesn't happen on console. Maeve wasn't THAT hard to play ( admittedly i only played like 3 matches with her ). Still hell of a lot easier on PC though

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmid71 View Post
    Its not as simple as u think . Even after giving her dmg fall off and nerfing street justice , with the right loadout she still has upto 50% dmg reduction , which makes her tanky-er than a bulk up buck.

She is suppose to be a hit and run champ , not " I can take all the dmg in the world cus i got so many dr cards in my loadout" champ.

Imagine an evie with 50% dr , thats how horribly broken meave is rn.
    Eh her DR doesn't bother me so much. I feel her range is definitely the bigger of two offenders

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Um, how much Maeve do you play? Hitting both daggers at long range isn't difficult...if either you or your target isn't moving. If you (Maeve) aren't moving, you're probably doing a shitty job. If your target isn't moving, they're probably doing a shitty job. Either way, its not the characters fault, it's most likely the player(s). Second, Maeve can't do her job effectively at long range. Sure, MAYBE you can hit your shots, but you won't be getting much frags and killing an appropriate target. Street Justice is much more of a problem if you consider Maeve's "long range daggers" a problem. You can kill a target very quickly without your target being able to react. This even applies to Frontlines, who should normally win this matchup. Not to mention it doesn't require much skill to do so either.

Street Justice is the real problem here.
    I used to play a F&*K TON of maeve on my main. I could still hit my shots BEFORE the buffs she got. The buffs just made it easier. Sounds like just a skill difference. Really the only reason i stopped playing her was i like the feel of a gun vs her knifes. Plus why play maeve at high level when zhin is easier :P

Quote Originally Posted by OffPHwnr View Post
    Hey its that guy lol. Howdy

Edit: Project you might as well have deleted my reply to him if you were going to delete the joke portion -_- . If a censored f word bothered you that much
    Last edited by dbzlucky77; 05-24-2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzlucky77 View Post

Eh her DR doesn't bother me so much. I feel her range is definitely the bigger of two offenders
    Street justice and no dmg fall off are broken . But its not the real reason she is "meta". She would not have been able to jump into 2v1s and get out with a kill.

The DR is the real problem. Simsiloo , a pro player , recently said that in one of his stream.
    Torv aimbot gone

Now get rid of Lex and lian's

Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    Wormhole hinders mobility.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    How to balance Street Justice: delete it.

Simple as that.

Or

"Now this fucking op talent deals 30% of target's max health but no longer reset by her fucking Q"

There I said it. She has significantly low cooldown on an ability that deals around 1.5k under a second. And she does it twice.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)