Thread: The Maeve Fix is Simple

Beta Player Marquess dbzlucky77's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

The Maeve Fix is Simple

Fall off damage. I don't know why people stopped pushing for this

I've seen a lot of people saying street justice is what makes her good, but here's my take.

That only applies to the highest of skill levels.

I've been playing against more and more maeves recently and the thing i notice is the real problem with her ( outside of her pounce GOING THROUGH SHIELDS imo ) is the fact she doesn't have to be close to be effective.

Here's a quote straight from the flanker diary

"Flanks excel at single target burst damage, but they need to get in closer to do it effectively."

Maeve's knifes are frankly not that hard to hit considering the number of buffs they have received. She only needs to hit you once from any distance to bring you down to close to half health. She's pretty free to 1v1 you at that point ( obviously excluding tanks ) considering her DR. The lack of damage fall off on her knifes right now are a direct contradiction to what flankers are supposed to be.

So like i said, i think the one thing she needs is to have damage fall off. If Hi-Rez is INSISTENT on making flank characters able to have that high burst they talk about in the diary. The same should be true for the effective range.

Edit: Lemme specify, by hit you once i mean with BOTH knifes. Still that isn't difficult in itself considering how close the knifes are together
    Last edited by dbzlucky77; 05-22-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    i would still think street justice is the one thing that make her NOT BE LIKE FLANKS
    now days they pick maeve to ONLY kill the frontlines in game i was just saying maeve dude why jenos and bk are always alive flank them i cant stay at point when bk is spamming bombs

and he just said im not flank i have SJ im here to play as damage to kill frontlines... why mid is always empty

this is kinda meta now maeve played to just be a frontline killer a thing that flanks should never do.
    flanks killing fast protect support and damage like snipers from other flanks and things like this they have nothing to do about stay behind and dealing damage or be on point.

unlike YOMI and STREET JUSTICE rest of flanks looks fine except lex who can remove Nando in only about 2 or 3 seconds.

what street justice bring is high burst damage against TANKS. if a damaged character had this ability at least everybody says to increase the cooldown but what is wrong about street justice is that make maeve be not look like flank and only searching for low hp tanks.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Asking for Maeve's range fall off since her appearance. I'm proud of myself.
    Then, yes, SJ needs a nerf.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Agreed, flanks do not need the ability to snipe. Especially Maeve, whom is one of the most mobile champs in the game.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Your argument is sort of flawed, because by your logic Hirez would have to nerf Evie, Zhin and Moji who all have long range capabilities. Even flank champions like Lex and Andro can be effective from mid-range but will completely roll you over in close combat. The biggest issue with the flank class is the imbalance of talents. Each flank (and tons of other champs) really has one viable or overused talent and one "correct" way to play: Maeve SJ, Buck Ensnare, Andro HeadswillRoll, Zhin Yomi, Evie Wormhole and so on. The flank diary is just one massive complete contradiction.

All that being said Maeve's street justice talent was obviously a huge mistake by Hirez. 2800 health depleted in less than a second is flatout absurd damage. The lack of fall-off for Maeve's knives made complete sense because she wasn't able to do very much damage up front. The "simple fix" here would be to nerf the overused talents, especially the braindead ones that reward champions for no reason at all like: Do more damage. Unironically Vivian, Lex, Maeve and Zhin are all champions with overused cards like this, where your play style doesn't change and you're rewarded with more damage with no real catch. A champion like Fernando has to aim and time to hit champions subsequently. Bomb king has to land multiple sticks or bomb in the same spot to get his 30%. Same goes with Buck, Inara and even Andro. Make people work for their extra damage.

The sad part is that these issues probably won't be seen as real issues and nothing will be changed until some aimbot player complains about how annoying Maeve is or something.

Maeve is absolutely and easily killable though with 1900 health.. But the idea of a sniper with super sonic speed who shreds tanks definitely isn't a good one.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Evie's projectiles were super slow for a reason!
    And about Zhin, Moji and Lex, they EXACTLY need a nerf ;-)
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    None of those champions you mentioned will ever get nerfed because they don't really need nerfs lol. Just the overused cards that reward champs for being easier to play. Evie's wormhole is probably included in that as well

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    we already agree what kind of nerf and what kind of buff evie needs, this is about sniper mode Maeve of evie topic doing here.

and evie cannot look like sniper her project are too slow and kind won't work against flying targets and LONG range targets
    if you ask for wormhole nerf there are lots of thread (that most of them closed cuz of nonsense reasons) in forums talking about this issue go there.

I still think street justice is the wrong thing about Maeve cuz she is flank but this talent belongs to abuse against tanks needs rework NOT a nerf.

but being a flank sniper is kinda annoying they should get near target so supported and the covered team who cares each about each other will hard to flank but YOMI SJ everything about MOJI and everything about LEX dont follow this rule (stay near each other and counter every flank) YOMI most... its kinda meta now shield slave torv and jenos healing give zhin 1.2 damage with huge projects from far away its nutz

Forum Moderator Count Pr0j3ct97's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 31 days registered Overdrive
    If this is the case then I highly push for a separate balance from console, it is challenging to hit both daggers from a distance with the enemy strafing side to side. The mouse aiming for projectile based champions is obviously more easier than on an analogue stick, more time is taken in actually lining up the crosshair effectively to actually hit anything and within that time the enemy champion is at advantage.
    Account of an old member

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's
    Code of Conduct.

Submit a support ticket here

Mastery 119 Maeve (No levels purchased) | #OfBlades

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMasd View Post
    None of those champions you mentioned will ever get nerfed because they don't really need nerfs lol.
    I can't get why you are laughing, considering you have understood nothing about this game balance

Quote Originally Posted by NaixSenpai View Post
    if you ask for wormhole nerf there are lots of thread (that most of them closed cuz of nonsense reasons) in forums talking about this issue go there.
    You're 100% right: "nonsense reasons". They've been outplayed by a better player and they complain. No other reasons to ask for a nerf on Evie, she's just decent after a long while.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports