Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinessa's new scope

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
    Talking is easy, playing is tough. You don't even play kinessa much so you don't even know the pain of having a scope that is zoom in so much, I played a few rounds of kinessa and it was a headache playing kinessa.

I have 161 hours of kinessa and with this new scope, it is really dumb.

IF you really are that great, why don't you show us how you play?
    One does not need to be a pro Kinessa player to comment on a change. But it's always this way in the forums, someone points out the whining of a player about a change to their main and they attack their skill or experience. It's sad but predictable. And I already said I played her with the new settings, but of course you ignored that, despite being in the very comment you replied to.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    What if we ask them to revert the change as we did with Willo's voice?
    I think they didn't consider the maps size and the game speed, which make this game way different from the other FPS games they want to resemble.
    Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Also Why not give them 1 body shot kills like most traditional snipers & remove the mobility..
    The point is, Kinessa is not a traditional sniper and she doesn't have to be one, she's from a more dynamic game, you don't have Evies appearing above you on CSGO, you don't have players who can become immune to damage as Zhin, Moji, etc, players who can fly, etc.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Yeah, that's how it goes in a game like this. Sometimes they make changes that require a little practice to get used to. Like the speed of Drogoz' firespit being increased, and then his rockets. And now Kinessa's scope magnification. That's not a reason to change it back.

As for the first part; yeah, that's how it goes for a sniper. You have to get out of scope every now and then to take in your surroundings. I've said it repeatedly and I'll say it again, if you stay scoped all the time you deserve to be deleted.
    The drogoz change was a buff which u can easily adapt.The kinessa's literally a nerf al low range

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NekonataM View Post
    The point is, Kinessa is not a traditional sniper and she doesn't have to be one, she's from a more dynamic game, you don't have Evies appearing above you on CSGO, you don't have players who can become immune to damage as Zhin, Moji, etc, players who can fly, etc.
    Exactly, i was being sarcastic but it doesn't seem to convey well in text -__-.

I never liked the traditional sniper characters, being useless at short range while being very OP at long range is something i hate. I liked Kinessa because i could quickly tell she was much more than the average sniper, with skill she could perform well at close range but it was balanced because she wasnt a super OP 1 body shot killer at long range & many champs had speed to get to her quickly..

They said after release there wont be any big changes which was a big fat lie as usual, the scope Zoom is pretty much a rework of Kinessa it affects her aiming,movement,positioning in a big way.

Be prepared for more stupid reworks, i miss the the game before OB53 there was so much counter play unlike brainless OP champs like Maeve,Zhins..
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 05-19-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah, that's how it goes in a game like this. Sometimes they make changes that require a little practice to get used to. Like the speed of Drogoz' firespit being increased, and then his rockets. And now Kinessa's scope magnification. That's not a reason to change it back.

As for the first part; yeah, that's how it goes for a sniper. You have to get out of scope every now and then to take in your surroundings. I've said it repeatedly and I'll say it again, if you stay scoped all the time you deserve to be deleted.
    Dude i know how to play kinessa, pls stop imagining that i remain scoped all the time

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Exactly, i was being sarcastic but it doesn't seem to convery well in text -__-.

I never liked the traditional sniper characters, being useless at short range while being very OP at long range is something i hate. I liked Kinessa because i could quickly tell she was much more than the average sniper, with skill she could perform well at close range but it was balanced because she wasnt a super OP 1 body shot killer at long range & many champs had speed to get to her quickly..

They said after release there wont be any big changes which was a big fat lie as usual, the scope Zoom is pretty much a rework of Kinessa it affects her aiming,movement,positioning in a big way.

Be prepared for more stupid reworks, i miss the the game before OB53 there was so much counter play unlike brainless OP champs like Maeve,Zhins..
    I miss those times too

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    One does not need to be a pro Kinessa player to comment on a change. But it's always this way in the forums, someone points out the whining of a player about a change to their main and they attack their skill or experience. It's sad but predictable. And I already said I played her with the new settings, but of course you ignored that, despite being in the very comment you replied to.
    That's my point, you don't play her much in the old setting and just played her with this new setting, you don't know the pain of the new scope. When it comes to playing in-game, everything is totally different.

Just like hi-rez can nerf a support cd by a 1-2 seconds, I can say that you can simply wait for the cd and heal again, but when playing, that few seconds can help someone at a crucial part when capturing/pushing/saving someone life.

Saying is easy, playing/executing is not easy.

You say you tried her in her new setting, how many times did u try?
    you can do well in a game when you have people carrying you and u are literally free to kill them, of course it is easy to play with that new scope.

When it comes to competitive games, aiming and trying to anticipate flanks is crucial when no one is helping you to deal with them and with that big scope, you can't see anything after they dash from your los.

Going into carbine mode and enter the sniper mode require about 1.2 seconds, by then we would be dead, any flanks can catch up with you ever since the nerf of the transporter and the reveal of the location of the transporter. Try to zoom in after teleporting, flanks will know where you are and move to you and get u in even before u charge up.

Using carbine to kill them? You will be dead even before you can kill them.
    Even a single shot with the zoom shot does not kill any flanker, and with this new zoom, it make nessa even shitty

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I am just gonna stick to strix till they fixed nessa

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    Translating:

The new scope was a disguised nerf.

Beta Player Count GermanGarbage's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Oof, that discussion became way bigger than I anticipated.

One afterthought I have tho, is that the reason that skilled Kinessa players were able to outtrade every flank in close quarters is Eagle Eye. And if you don't nerf that card, she will be even more lethal on further ranges now. It just makes her even deadlier in an organized team (esports) and much less viable to pick in public matches.

The increased zoom forces Kinessa to keep her distance, which she can only do if she's got someone to watch her angles. But if she can catch a flank before they reach her, they'll still be instakilled.

The frustration of playing against Eagle Eye has now been limited to an esports environment.

But playing Kinessa was so fun because of her flexibility. I get that you want players to use her carbine in close quarters, but it's not strong enough to outtrade flanks. The carbine has always been something you use to secure a kill on a really low target, while you use the scope to eat off huge chunks of HP in a short amount of time.

When we play games, all we want is to have fun. Playing Kinessa with the increased zoom is not fun. Playing against Eagle Eye is not fun.

So if you want your players to keep having fun, balance the game to get rid of the unfun stuff while keeping the fun stuff.
    Favorite Quotes:

"Game Industry Executives Are F***ing Idiots"
    - Jim Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    They really need us to buy skins and shizzle
    "Is there a way you can make money off of wasting time? Yeah, play Paladins. Professionally."
    - SunCommander

Feels strange to be back here.

My actual player name in Paladins is TheHeadwind, but apparently that change doesn't apply to the forums.