Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinessa's new scope

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    How about allowing the person to choose how much they can scope, like the sniper rifles in Unreal Tournament games?
    Yep, add slider for zoom FOV problem solved.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMFROSTIEE View Post
    Exactly! Thanks for reference
    And what exactly is the problem with that? That's a fairly close range snipe, of course you should be zoomed in that much. If you were targeting the Skyes at the end of the hall it would look much like that closer range one did before. This just requires Kinessa to be a little farther away...you know, like a sniper is supposed to.

And I reiterate, a zoom select with mouse wheel would be nice and solve your problem. Just keep it zoomed the minimum. :P

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    This just requires Kinessa to be a little farther away...you know, like a sniper is supposed to.
    Yep, but the current maps are not that big.

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    From the Update overview video.

Also Why not give them 1 body shot kills like most traditional snipers & remove the mobility..

Andro's weapon improvments were also great & loved by the community.

Kinessa has more zoom than Strix now but he got not change, i wouldnt be surprised if they accidentally flipped the zooms & will patch it later, classic HiREz Quality control.
    1 shot body shot? HAHAHAHAHA no. Let's not break the game please. And no mobility? That's like asking snipers to die. That kind of sniper is fit for singleplayer FPS games or in those where everyone has low health pools like COD.
    "Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!" -Raeve Maeve

"Nice set of teeth you have there. Have fun picking them up off the floor!" -Ash

"Confess your sins unto to me, child, and I will absolve you. Flank Pip? Sorry, you're beyond saving." -Godess Lian

"Do you even lift bro?" -Longboard Lex

"The truest form of sacrilege is refusing to pick a frontline." -Jade Priestess Seris

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KatangKanari View Post
    i tried her with new zoom i get head ache almost like old andro recoil since the zoom is to big
    I just tried her for the first time since the tweak and felt the same.

This new zoom change is a complete flop in every sense. Unless they outright intend for it to be a nerf. It drastically cripples her FoV and given how maps in Paladins are sized it doesn't provide any real area for consistent benefits if they thought it would act like one. Flankers now have too easy a time fighter her because a Kinessa isn't fighting in remotely fair terms now.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonZeraz View Post
    This new zoom change is a complete flop in every sense. Unless they outright intend for it to be a nerf. It drastically cripples her FoV and given how maps in Paladins are sized it doesn't provide any real area for consistent benefits if they thought it would act like one. Flankers now have too easy a time fighter her because a Kinessa isn't fighting in remotely fair terms now.
    A sniper shouldn't be able to see a flanker coming while scoped unless they're stupid enough to come from the front. That's why you need to get out of scope every now and then to see what's going on around you. If you play Kinessa scoped all the time you deserve to get deleted by a flank.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    I think both snipers needed more zoom, but I think they have overdone it with Kinessa. It could do with being dialled back a bit, and then having the same applied to Strix.

The problem is in order to get the ideal zoom with this new change, you need to be further away from your team, which makes you a liability if you can't handle flankers on your own, and makes her unsuitable for certain maps that don't have long sight lines.

Still though, her zoom needed to be increased (same with Strix), just not this much.
    This, kinessa and strix are so good right now, cuz they use close range shots with the sniper mode, even skilled flanks have problems with good snipers, the nerf was needed but it was a bit overdone.

Now nerf strix to plz.
    Fav champions

Front: Fernando, Ash & Rockus
    Support: Mal´Damba , Pip & Jenos
    Dmg: Pip & Lian
    Flank: Fernando ; ), Talus, zhin. (Yes i suck at flanking).

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Lo mismo digo, el actual campo de visión es una mierda, si no esta roto no lo arreglen. Que lo regresen a como estaba antes.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The increase of kinessa's zoom was a horrible idea.
    It's close to impossible to keep track of a fast moving target nearby. Bunny hopping is ruined. I understand that you have to scope in and out to keep track of your surroundings, but Strix got quick scope and less zoom than Kinessa, who needs to charge her shots. What is the freaking logic there?

The dynamic and complex playing style of Kinessa got hereby destroyed and replaced by a dull 0815-Sniper. Instead of nerfing other aspects (which wasn't even necessary, if you compare them to DDs like Sha lin, Cassie(Impulse), Lian, BK and even Drogoz (Fussilade) who don't get nerfed at all) and keeping her unique playing style, you bring us more vivian long range camping/m1 spamming.
    Last edited by Blatt; 05-18-2018 at 06:48 PM.