Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinessa's new scope

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I think both snipers needed more zoom, but I think they have overdone it with Kinessa. It could do with being dialled back a bit, and then having the same applied to Strix.

The problem is in order to get the ideal zoom with this new change, you need to be further away from your team, which makes you a liability if you can't handle flankers on your own, and makes her unsuitable for certain maps that don't have long sight lines.

Still though, her zoom needed to be increased (same with Strix), just not this much.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Lol, do you not understand what magnification is? Of course with higher magnification you're going to see a smaller area. That's the whole point.

You go on about skill but if you're a skilled Kinessa player this shouldn't be an issue. The whole idea is to get out of scope regularly to keep an eye on your surroundings!

If you spend all your time scoped you deserve to get killed by a flank, no matter what their skill level. This isn't the kind of game where a sniper can find a good nest and just plug away the whole time. You have to maintain awareness and move around.

The new scope magnification is more like what I expect from a sniper rifle. I found the old settings jarring when I first started playing Paladins because they were so weak, very unlike any other game I'd played. It was little more than looking down sights like Viktor.

Give it a little time to get used to it and you'll be fine...so long as you take a moment to look around once in a while. :P

That being said, the ability to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel would be awesome, another thing I miss from other games. Not sure if they'll ever do that, though.
    I am not a sniper who sits in a single place sniping for targets, i play actively using high and low ground and my environment to win the scenario.But what i was telling is i used to predict flick a meave who was jumping around me as i could see her completely in my scope btw i dont prefer carbine shooting from start,Now all i could see was the close up look of maeve (while playing i could see only her face so the time she jumps around near my crosshair was too fast to react to). once maeve gets outta my scope i have to realign to another position where she is wasting my time to charge the shot too.Strix can quick scope but kinessa? don't u get the point

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanGarbage View Post
    I'm gonna break down your message to the core, which is this line.

I tried it out in the shooting range before making this thread after seeing it in Xanthe's live stream. It's not something you can get used to because you will lose track of your opponent as soon as you start zooming in in close range.

Just for reference, this is the strength of the new magnification:
    Exactly! Thanks for reference

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive
    Less close ranged scoped in shots? GOOD
    Now for strix

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Less close ranged scoped in shots? GOOD
    Now for strix
    Please atleast leave strix!

Beta Player Viscount Almalexion's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    The new zoom is actually too much and a really freakin' bad idea and needs to be reverted... Really it's now too hard to aim a too fast target with her now which is 90% of the champs (that 10% is Vivian ofc...)

Well, I want a new talent for her anyway and here's one interesting example from me:

Railgun: Now all of your carbine shots are like sniper rail shots that hits 75% of the fully charged sniper shots and doesn't require scope to use and now you can be able to use carbine with scope ! Huzzah !
    I'm Bleeding...

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    How about allowing the person to choose how much they can scope, like the sniper rifles in Unreal Tournament games?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    God, I started to play bunny hop kinessa really well, now I have to redo all my practice that I did with her!
    Frontlines
    Terminus(15)
    Makoa(10)
    Ash(9)
    Support
    Jenos(14)
    Ying(9)
    Mal Damba(9)
    Damage
    Bomb King(18)
    Drogoz(13)
    Shalin(11)
    Flank
    Androxus(26)
    Evie(17)
    Zhin(15)
    I LOVE YING.

Look at my Androxus Revolver Cosplay!-UPDATED
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...014#post504014

Why is Valkure an Emperor, and not an Empress? Nobody knows...

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    How about allowing the person to choose how much they can scope, like the sniper rifles in Unreal Tournament games?
    Not a bad idea for Kinessa as she needs to charge her shots anyway, but for Strix it would be annoying as you unscope every time you fire a shot to reload. That would need to be changed so he remains scoped after each shot. Other than that though, it isn't a bad idea.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanGarbage View Post
    So, according to the patch notes, Kinessa's scope has been given a higher zoom magnification.

But in practical effect, her scope field of view has only been narrowed down.

Either the patch notes contain false information or someone tried to lowkey nerf Kinessa while making us believe she got buffed.

Which is equivalent to lying. And if economy ethics have told us anything, it's that lying to your customers is really bad for your business.

You actually get more tunnel vision now, making flanks more effective in killing Kinessa in close quarters. Previously, you were able to use your superior skill to deal with annoying flanks (that and Eagle Eye). In public matches you can't rely on your team to help you when there's someone harassing you.

Kinessa will not be fun to play until you fixed her scope (and by fixing I mean reverting the field of view to its previous value).

I mean: Every ability in this game is a skill shot, making it a skill based game. A skilled Kinessa should be able to outtrade an unskilled flank.

And btw, the higher zoom doesn't help Kinessa at longer ranges. The maps are not that big that you really need more zoom.

If you have too many flank mains complaining about not being able to deal with a skilled Kinessa, you need to fix your matchmaking and not streamline your game to the lowest common denominator.
    While I am not exactly a huge Kinessa player, I actually like the new zoom.
    "Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!" -Raeve Maeve

"Nice set of teeth you have there. Have fun picking them up off the floor!" -Ash

"Confess your sins unto to me, child, and I will absolve you. Flank Pip? Sorry, you're beyond saving." -Godess Lian

"Do you even lift bro?" -Longboard Lex

"The truest form of sacrilege is refusing to pick a frontline." -Jade Priestess Seris