Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinessa's new scope

Beta Player Count GermanGarbage's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Kinessa's new scope

So, according to the patch notes, Kinessa's scope has been given a higher zoom magnification.

But in practical effect, her scope field of view has only been narrowed down.

Either the patch notes contain false information or someone tried to lowkey nerf Kinessa while making us believe she got buffed.

Which is equivalent to lying. And if economy ethics have told us anything, it's that lying to your customers is really bad for your business.

You actually get more tunnel vision now, making flanks more effective in killing Kinessa in close quarters. Previously, you were able to use your superior skill to deal with annoying flanks (that and Eagle Eye). In public matches you can't rely on your team to help you when there's someone harassing you.

Kinessa will not be fun to play until you fixed her scope (and by fixing I mean reverting the field of view to its previous value).

I mean: Every ability in this game is a skill shot, making it a skill based game. A skilled Kinessa should be able to outtrade an unskilled flank.

And btw, the higher zoom doesn't help Kinessa at longer ranges. The maps are not that big that you really need more zoom.

If you have too many flank mains complaining about not being able to deal with a skilled Kinessa, you need to fix your matchmaking and not streamline your game to the lowest common denominator.
    Last edited by GermanGarbage; 05-17-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    Favorite Quotes:

"Game Industry Executives Are F***ing Idiots"
    - Jim Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    They really need us to buy skins and shizzle
    "Is there a way you can make money off of wasting time? Yeah, play Paladins. Professionally."
    - SunCommander

Feels strange to be back here.

My actual player name in Paladins is TheHeadwind, but apparently that change doesn't apply to the forums.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Exact same thoughts.Flank mains dont know how difficult it is to pull off a flick on a flying evie or jumping meave (every flanks).They always complain about being one shot.Atleast they could have nerfed that talent, But the zoom thing its completely annoying there's no point in that much zoom in maps like brightmarch,jaguar falls,ice mines near cap points

Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Lol, do you not understand what magnification is? Of course with higher magnification you're going to see a smaller area. That's the whole point.

You go on about skill but if you're a skilled Kinessa player this shouldn't be an issue. The whole idea is to get out of scope regularly to keep an eye on your surroundings!

If you spend all your time scoped you deserve to get killed by a flank, no matter what their skill level. This isn't the kind of game where a sniper can find a good nest and just plug away the whole time. You have to maintain awareness and move around.

The new scope magnification is more like what I expect from a sniper rifle. I found the old settings jarring when I first started playing Paladins because they were so weak, very unlike any other game I'd played. It was little more than looking down sights like Viktor.

Give it a little time to get used to it and you'll be fine...so long as you take a moment to look around once in a while. :P

That being said, the ability to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel would be awesome, another thing I miss from other games. Not sure if they'll ever do that, though.

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I personally dislike the change-- The zoom was fine as it was and there was no need to increase it.

Let alone not telling us how much they increased it by.

That's a massive change and it affects scoped sensitivity among other things, and is a really arbitrary change in general. Nobody asked for this.
    Kinessa > Evie >Makoa > MalDamba
    2286 Hours on Team Fortress 2
    1030 Hours (And counting) on Paladins
    630 Hours on League of Legends
    466 Hours on Borderlands 2
    380 Hours on Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRifler View Post
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Give it a little time to get used to it and you'll be fine...so long as you take a moment to look around once in a while. :P
    I'm gonna break down your message to the core, which is this line.

I tried it out in the shooting range before making this thread after seeing it in Xanthe's live stream. It's not something you can get used to because you will lose track of your opponent as soon as you start zooming in in close range.

Just for reference, this is the strength of the new magnification:
    Favorite Quotes:

- Jim Sterling

"Is there a way you can make money off of wasting time? Yeah, play Paladins. Professionally."
    - SunCommander

My actual player name in Paladins is TheHeadwind, but apparently that change doesn't apply to the forums.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudgarrobot View Post
    Let alone not telling us how much they increased it by.
    That is also something that bothered me when scrolling through the patch notes. No exact number for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudgarrobot View Post
    That's a massive change and it affects scoped sensitivity among other things, and is a really arbitrary change in general. Nobody asked for this.
    This is also something I'd be curious to know. Did people make threads demanding higher magnification on Kinessa's rifle? Or did they just try to make her ineffective in close range and this was the solution they came up with?
    Favorite Quotes:

- Jim Sterling

- SunCommander

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    My question is: why this change? What was wrong with her previous zoom?

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    This is the biggest nerf to Kinessa, punishing good players by making them useless at close range while rewarding noob campers for easy long range head-shots & kills with high zoom.

If you spend all your time scoped you deserve to get killed by a flank, no matter what their skill level.
    I spend a lot of time zoomed in but i had good awareness because i turn a lot. Why zoomed in? Because Kinessa has 1.5 second charge delay, 1 second or less shots do 600 or less damage which make you lose most fights.

Oh please,get used to my S. You are either extremely good or playing vs idiot flankers that expose them self from far away & give you enough time to charge.

The sight lines of sniper maps were reduced, Frozen Guard had 2 changes so even Sniper maps dont allow you to see enemy before they get very close unless you play vs camper teams.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NekonataM View Post
    My question is: why this change? What was wrong with her previous zoom?
    From the Update overview video.

Improving the feel of sniper scopes, will be increasing the zoom on Kinessa & Strix's scope to help give them more of a traditional sniper feel
    Also Why not give them 1 body shot kills like most traditional snipers & remove the mobility..

Andro's weapon improvments were also great & loved by the community.

Kinessa has more zoom than Strix now but he got not change, i wouldnt be surprised if they accidentally flipped the zooms & will patch it later, classic HiREz Quality control.

Beta Player Baronet KatangKanari's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    i tried her with new zoom i get head ache almost like old andro recoil since the zoom is to big