Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Hi-Rez...

Member Recruit
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Dear Hi-Rez...

In 85%+ of games (not a scientifically established statistic - just a rough, but educated guess), possibly more, at least one player crashes at the start of every game in ranked. Why?

With +8 pts for a win and -13 points for a loss, how are we supposed to prevent backsliding down the divisions? Apart from winning every game that is?

Given that usually, someone is missing from the team, this is just impossible.

Also, why do we lose 30 TP for a demotion?

I've gone from Gold V to Silver V in less than a week. Yes, sometimes, I personally have bad games and sometimes the opposition is just too hot with better players and losses are, after all, to be expected, but the weighting seems grossly unfair. Stuck in low elo hell with all the other players who are clearly suffering the same BS

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Will you be so kind to provide the though process behind your “educated guess?”
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Did you know that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot with no real research to back them up?

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    I've never had Paladins crash on me, but I have been frozen two times. Are they the same? Both times I was able to log off and then rejoin the match.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    Did you know that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot with no real research to back them up?
    I have actually noticed this in casual. Almost every game has one person who never connects, or at least connects later into the game. While this might be a coincidence, I too have experienced something similiar.
    "Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!" -Raeve Maeve

"Nice set of teeth you have there. Have fun picking them up off the floor!" -Ash

"Confess your sins unto to me, child, and I will absolve you. Flank Pip? Sorry, you're beyond saving." -Godess Lian

"Do you even lift bro?" -Longboard Lex

"The truest form of sacrilege is refusing to pick a frontline." -Jade Priestess Seris

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points
    In most countries their internet drops just because of the region their in. Their are not this many crashes in paladins, and even when someone does crash, basically the entire game crashes, including everyone in the game. Same with LSD bug, it happens to most people on both teams. Also that +8 points and -13 points, thats based on how well you play ingames, and means the game thinks you shouldn't be in the tier you are. Thats what it does. I get about +14 tp per win and lose 6-8 per loss. So for one, no you losing tp and getting demoted because of Hi-Rez's crash issues, its because the game feels you need to be in Silver 5. I will soon be posting a guide on how to get out of Silver Hell. (I was stuck in it all last season and 150 games into this one). If your looking to rankup and not keep getting demoted, I would suggest later you look at it and read is. Secondly, I am not calling you a bad player. This means the game feels you need be in Silver 5 or lower, that doesn't mean you actually should. I personally don't see how you dropped that far and the game is still making you lose that much per loss, but maybe take a break for a bit. That's my recommendation.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    I have been frozen two times.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    beutiful, glad to have you back

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Funny when people start to talk about number to avoid the main problem, there are FAR TOO MANY dc at start in ranked to be only random related, period, this shouldnt give people any TP loss at all, period.

They said they did fix "many dc related issues" for the next patch, lets see how it goes, my guess is that there will be even more bugs (you can't fix a ducttape ball by adding another layer of ducttape), but I might (and I really hope to) be wrong.

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Disconnected once and missed the whole match, Paladins was giving me a really hard time :/
    The most useful kind of teammate is one who dodges all your heals and walks into enemy bullets.