Thread: Drogoz Balance.

Beta Player Baronet TheMasterlauti's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Drogoz Balance.

Note: Sorry for the other thread. I didnt want to Submit it, it was a Missclick, I apologise. Delete it.

How can a character have insane mobility, a huge aoe instakill, free 1000 dmg without combos, and being able to 2-shot literally 22 characters, all in the same kit?!?
    Drogoz feels a but overpowered in Damage output and mobility, but he is kinda meh in his survivability and non-fusillade loadouts.

My ideas:
    Nerf Fusillade Bonus to 20%. It looks like a huge nerf, but it wont change that much. It is just to innecesarly big in 35%. Basically, Drogoz can 2-Shot 2000 HP champs. The worst thing of fusillade is that Drogoz mains conter are Kinessa and Strix, that both get Out-damaged since Drogoz fire rate is waaaay superior. Also, with the fast projectile speed now, is imposible to dodge with the snipers since they are statical while aiming. Buffing Snipers is not a good idea at all btw.
    Anyway, this talent would still do great against some damagers and almost very Flanker.
    This talent was already very strong before P. speed buff, now its unbeatable.
    For the other hand, he has WAY TOO MUCH MOBILITY for being a damage. He can constantly reach insanely high heights. Thast the way of playinf the character of course, but The thing is that Flankers start having very big Damage fallofs against him already, lol.
    The problem is that his Thrust and Jetpack cards are insanely effective. Increasing Thrust distance by 125% and then consuming very skiw the Jetpack, and reset both jetpack and Thrust with elimintions just with loadout is not very balanced IMO...
    My ideas:
    Propel: Valor to 15% per level from 25%. Its just too much.
    Add Rain of Fire a 11s Internal Cooldown. (There are too many ways to reset Thrust Cool down and have TOO LONG flights)
    Fuel Tank: Valor to 8% from 10%.
    Altitude: Valor to 15% from 20%.

This would be enough for his mobility.

Now, some buffs:
    Hot Swap: Reworked: Increases your health by 50|50. (A Reload speed card in 2018 lol)
    Base health now of 2300 from 2400 (not 2650 hp drogoz pls).
    Lung Capacity: Valor from 50 to 75.
    Bask: Valor to 30 from 25 (180 per level from 150
    Decimate: Reworked: Gives you 1% damage reduction each time you hit an enemy for 4 seconds(not counting multi enemies. It would be 6% per salvo, it may sound UP but actually all Dmg reduction cards are on 5%, so he would have 6% for its long cooldown)
    Also, Salvo Increased damage to shields would be 300% now (same that Decimate V equiped by default)
    Firespit: Added Internal cooldown of 10 seconds (iniciates after the ability ends)
    With Chronos and Firespit V you can actually get full CD reset by hitting just 2 enemies (woth the inmense AoE it has) so it would be too strong with the Dmg reduction and healing.
    And for the end: Reign of fire now also reduces Salvo’s Cooldown for a 25% (15s Cooldown) instead of granting increased damage.

So, basically:
    -Drogoz would now be much more resistent, not just an easy target in the air, now has much more Survivability.
    -Drogoz would be less mobile
    -Fussillade would not be that extremely broken, instead, a situational pick.
    -Reign of Terror would now be viable with an adecuate Loadout.
    -His thrust and jetpack would still be very strong abilities, but now they will be much more difficult to manage, needing much more awareness from the player of Cooldowns and Fuel.

I guess half of the community will get triggered cause “OH NO NERFING MOBILITY NO PLEASE”. I love mobility. But drogoz overmoving flankers being a damage just pisses me too much. Anyway, The changes would make him more surviveful so he is compensated.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    *inhales* FUSILLADE IS FINE. HIS MOBILITY IS FINE. DROGOZ IS FINE.

K bye

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    this isn't how you should balance drogoz in my opinion, hot swap is a nice card dont remove it >: (, drogoz need more defense and less damage, the fire spit reset is fine to me lol, he do need fusilade nerfed to 20%, and more base movement speed, along with a wyrm jets speed reduction to 35% to slightly compensate the speed buff. Dont give drogoz any red damage plz just give him 100 more hp.
    Fav champions

Front: Fernando, Ash & Rockus
    Support: Mal´Damba , Pip & Jenos
    Dmg: Pip & Lian
    Flank: Fernando ; ), Talus, zhin. (Yes i suck at flanking).

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    And then the caut 3 comes online. What now?
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Damage Balance Subforum.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    I feel Fusillade should only affect rocket launcher. It seems odd that Fusillade provides a bigger damage boost to salvo than Reign of Terror.

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMasterlauti View Post
    How can a character have insane mobility, a huge aoe instakill, free 1000 dmg without combos, and being able to 2-shot literally 22 characters, all in the same kit?!?
    At first glance I thought you were talking about eagle eye kinessa. Only the AoE thing threw me off.
    My ideas:
    Nerf Fusillade Bonus to 20%. It looks like a huge nerf, but it wont change that much. It is just to innecesarly big in 35%. Basically, Drogoz can 2-Shot 2000 HP champs. The worst thing of fusillade is that Drogoz mains conter are Kinessa and Strix, that both get Out-damaged since Drogoz fire rate is waaaay superior. Also, with the fast projectile speed now, is imposible to dodge with the snipers since they are statical while aiming. Buffing Snipers is not a good idea at all btw.
    I read 20%. My first thought: Way to radical. Yes, Fusillade is a bit too good right now. But we wanna nerf it, not kill it.
    Drogoz has a relatively weak base kit, but strong talents and loadout cards to make up for that. That's just how he works.

Then you were talking about SNIPERS GETTING OUTSNIPED BY DROGOZ?
    Holy shit, this sounds like a funny troll post now, you just lost all credibility.

If your positioning as sniper is so far forward that you can no longer dodge a drogoz rocket, then you're shit and deserve to die to stuff like that.
    Also if you're standing still as a sniper while aiming you're a shit sniper. In this game, nobody should ever be standing still if you can avoid it. Standing still as a sniper means begging the enemy sha to impale you or the enemy sniper to one-shot you.

Also snipers are just REALLY good right now.

For the other hand, he has WAY TOO MUCH MOBILITY for being a damage. He can constantly reach insanely high heights. Thast the way of playinf the character of course, but The thing is that Flankers start having very big Damage fallofs against him already, lol.
    The problem is that his Thrust and Jetpack cards are insanely effective. Increasing Thrust distance by 125% and then consuming very skiw the Jetpack, and reset both jetpack and Thrust with elimintions just with loadout is not very balanced IMO...

You realize that half the game's tanks have a faster movement speed than drogoz, right? And if you want to go wyrm jets, you lose all kinds of bonus damage.
    Because Drogoz has shit mobility you're forced to invest heavily into your mobility in every loadout, on average at least 5 point, gone, just to get a sufficient mobility.
    Also Drogoz' thrust has a really long cooldown, his booster is basically only useful to keep you in the air for a short moment since you use up your fuel without respective loadout cards really fast.
    Also what you're describing... You'd need to put probably all 15 points into that. (Actually Propel 5 + Thrust reset + booster reset = 10 points. Then additionally Thrill of the Hunt 5 (thrust "reset" though it's not a full reset) and some rain of fire... dude, that's more than 15 loadout points, wtf...) Nobody would ever do this, since you also need stuff like healing reduction, CC reduction, fire spit CDR etc. Of course an ability gets pretty strong if you invest your entire loadout into one ability.
    Also flank's don't really have much of a damage fall-off on that kind of range.

My ideas:
    Propel: Valor to 15% per level from 25%. Its just too much.
    Add Rain of Fire a 11s Internal Cooldown. (There are too many ways to reset Thrust Cool down and have TOO LONG flights)
    Fuel Tank: Valor to 8% from 10%.
    Altitude: Valor to 15% from 20%.

This would be enough for his mobility.
    wow.
    Uhm, just for you to know:
    -NOBODY uses Altitude
    -almost NOBODY uses rain of fire
    -almost nobody uses fuel tank
    At least not without wyrm jets.

Also: IF SOMEONE HAS LONG FLIGHTS WITH DROGOZ HE'S usually ABSOLUTELY SHIT CUZ HE'S SERVING HIMSELF TO THE ENEMY DDs ON A SILVER PLATE.

Now, some buffs:
    Hot Swap: Reworked: Increases your health by 50|50. (A Reload speed card in 2018 lol)
    Base health now of 2300 from 2400 (not 2650 hp drogoz pls).
    Lung Capacity: Valor from 50 to 75.
    Bask: Valor to 30 from 25 (180 per level from 150
    Decimate: Reworked: Gives you 1% damage reduction each time you hit an enemy for 4 seconds(not counting multi enemies. It would be 6% per salvo, it may sound UP but actually all Dmg reduction cards are on 5%, so he would have 6% for its long cooldown)
    Also, Salvo Increased damage to shields would be 300% now (same that Decimate V equiped by default)
    Firespit: Added Internal cooldown of 10 seconds (iniciates after the ability ends)
    With Chronos and Firespit V you can actually get full CD reset by hitting just 2 enemies (woth the inmense AoE it has) so it would be too strong with the Dmg reduction and healing.
    And for the end: Reign of fire now also reduces Salvo’s Cooldown for a 25% (15s Cooldown) instead of granting increased damage.
    Actually many people use Hot swap. It makes no sense to rework it.
    Also Drogoz already has so many mandatory cards for his loadout, I don't want another, and an HP increase card after an HP nerf would defenitely be one. This change would basically just take loadout points away. So it's almost a nerf.
    Lung capacity is fine, too. No champion has loadout cards that have actually high healing value. compared to many other healing loadout cards, lung capacity is already amazing.
    Bask will still be shit with that change
    Decimate is shit and will be still shit after this rework.
    Fire spit is the ability, not the card. That's called masterful. And masterful already had an internal cooldown.
    And the talent is called Reign of Terror, not reign of fire. And it doesn't need a buff, but a rework, since the whole idea was crap to begin with since it was just the "We have no idea for a 4th legendary" kind of thing.

So, basically:
    -Drogoz would now be much more resistent, not just an easy target in the air, now has much more Survivability.
    -Drogoz would be less mobile
    -Fussillade would not be that extremely broken, instead, a situational pick.
    -Reign of Terror would now be viable with an adecuate Loadout.
    -His thrust and jetpack would still be very strong abilities, but now they will be much more difficult to manage, needing much more awareness from the player of Cooldowns and Fuel.
    Drogoz doesn't need too much additional sustainability if you have good positioning.
    Drogoz is already not really mobile since his movement skill is only fit for a bit of pressure or for repositioning.
    Fusillade isn't extremely broken, just too strong.
    Reign of Terror would probably still be shit.
    Thrust and booster are already super skillful abilities since you always need to be aware of your positioning and the sightlines of your enemies. A thrust at the wrong time might expose yourself and cost your life.

I guess half of the community will get triggered cause “OH NO NERFING MOBILITY NO PLEASE”. I love mobility. But drogoz overmoving flankers being a damage just pisses me too much. Anyway, The changes would make him more surviveful so he is compensated.
    I looked up your profile. You don't have a single minute of drogoz played.

Let me sum up my reply:

You have no idea what you're talking about since you never played drogoz yourself.
    You're a flank main, who's complaining about the legendary that's supposed to counter flanks. So your post is incredibly biased.
    Drogoz is not OP. You just a little more skill and aim than a potato to counter a drogoz with similar skill.

It all comes down to to this point:
    YOU HAVE 13 HOURS IN THIS GAME. YOU DON'T HAVE A SINGLE MINUTE OF DROGOZ PLAYED. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

And I didn't even need to look up your profile to realize that.

What you describe as "OP" isn't even a thing for decently skilled players. You can't say anything credibly or worth of note about this champion since you have no idea how Drogoz even works and how other champions work against drogoz.

Come back after you learned something about Drogoz and this game.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.