Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is changing Kinessa's zoom when scoping a good idea?

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2

Is changing Kinessa's zoom when scoping a good idea?

I mean, what's the point? Is it a buff or a nerf? Some people said it would make headshots easier, I think it would make her even weaker against flankers as Evie or Maeve as you will have less field of vision while scoping. But the truth is that Kinessa players will have to get used to a new FOV, and of course a new sens (FOV affects your sens).
    I read the patch notes and the reasons behind this change are not specified, and that's it, I'd like to know why you are changing his scope FOV. What's wrong with her current zoom?
    Regards.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    It seemed really random, I agree on that.

It seems to be both a buff/nerf for the reasons you mentioned, however I have no idea why it was done; Maybe Strix's scope is like that?
    We are slowly entering a snipy-bursty low ttk meta.

We better drift away from it otherwise this game might lose a ton of players.

Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    More tunnel vision, I suppose it makes it easier for flanks to kill her, but I don't think this is a very needed change.
    The most useful kind of teammate is one who dodges all your heals and walks into enemy bullets.

Plat II, do I finally have some credibility now?

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NekonataM View Post
    I mean, what's the point? Is it a buff or a nerf? Some people said it would make headshots easier, I think it would make her even weaker against flankers as Evie or Maeve as you will have less field of vision while scoping. But the truth is that Kinessa players will have to get used to a new FOV, and of course a new sens (FOV affects your sens).
    I read the patch notes and the reasons behind this change are not specified, and that's it, I'd like to know why you are changing his scope FOV. What's wrong with her current zoom?
    Regards.
    That's what the carbine's for, along with her ult. This is just another reason eagle eye needs to be reworked.
    Current rank:Diamond(Master in S1)

Current Mains:

Flank: Zhin
    Damage: Sha lin
    Healer: Jenos
    Frontline: Fernando, Makoa, Ruckus, Khan (RIP torv)

Let the community be more involved in balancing Hi-rez, but stop looking to gold ranked players!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Really stupid change, you dont mess with a weapon after release.

Its already hard to aim at close range vs a fast flying Drogoz or Maeve dancing above your head but doable with good aiming even a little more zoom will often make it impossible as i have
    hit many hits because players were barely visible at the edge of screen.

Options for Kinessa players

1. Scope in early like now because of long charge time but you wont be able dodge & hit enemies because cant see them quickly with more zoom.

2. Use carbine but it has no poke even low HP enemy can easily beat you & often have to reload ,a Kinessa that cant shoot for 2 second is easy free kill.

3. Charge shots after enemy gets close but that will also make you lose vs low HP enemy as damage will be delayed.

4. Run away but without Re-position you cant always do that even with it you may not want to stay too far back & be a useless sniper in team that gets easily beaten by Strix with Wallhack & stealth.

They could have nerfed anything else like Eagle Eye or headshot damage or Restore card or even take away the HP,Ammo buff but changing the zoom in for a sniper is really bad for aim & awareness.
    Most strix's use pistol at close range because sniper has too much zoom & i hate it, but his side arm is much better at close range & has EZ instant stealth to survive.
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 05-17-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    that would be good if we had less zoom and high zoom in same time like first RMB will give you 75% of current zoom and RMB again while you scooped will give 150% of current zoom, dont think about eagle eye she needs to have this she is modern sniper type when she dont have zoom level ?

i think eagle eye is fine whats the problem with it ? sniper headshots is not random unlike lex and andro they can kill you with one headshot its headshot... all you have to do is NOT PLAYING FRONT OF HER

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NaixSenpai View Post
    that would be good if we had less zoom and high zoom in same time like first RMB will give you 75% of current zoom and RMB again while you scooped will give 150% of current zoom
    Seems good but different Zoom FOV change aiming, pressing 3rd person key while scoped reduces zoom but its useless as the sens feels too high.

i think eagle eye is fine whats the problem with it ? sniper headshots is not random unlike lex and andro they can kill you with one headshot its headshot... all you have to do is NOT PLAYING FRONT OF HER
    Most headshots in this game are random, so rewarding players a lot for luck isnt ok. Yes a player with perfect aim will hit more head-shots but doing 2400 damage & instantly killing most champs is also not Ok, 1800 damage is already very good.

Maybe EagleEye should increase zoom like Strix scope & reduce the charge time from 1.5 to 1 second or light up the head hitboxes so better vs other snipers.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Seems good but different Zoom FOV change aiming, pressing 3rd person key while scoped reduces zoom but its useless as the sens feels too high.
    do we have that third view on ranked?
    the zoom out view on third person scope is just a bug more or less and it does not zoom at all its so less for sniper zoom

Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Most headshots in this game are random, so rewarding players a lot of luck isnt ok. Yes a player with perfect aim will hit more head-shots but doing 2400 damage & instantly killing most champs is also not Ok, 1800 damage is already very good.

Maybe EagleEye should increase zoom like Strix scope & reduce the charge time from 1.5 to 1 second or light up the head hitboxes so better vs other snipers.
    sniper headshot is not random, or sometimes come for random but it's in every game its not about snipers it's about how hitbox system is bad...

2400 is fine too she can remove every flank damage and support in one headshot and that headshot is not lucky I can see the difference between random or a guy who practice for dealing headshot plus.

this one hit one kill is what make kinnesa being a SNIPER.

sniper high damage from long range this is what makes the game against her harder and more fun. you should not play in front of her until you flank do something i think eagle eye damage is fine way it is. and that rework made her more sniper and less survival against flanks.

with this change they are sure to know kinnesa cannot use her scope when a flank is hunting near her butt

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Poor kinessa cant shoot flanks Nearby now! I dont wanna be kinessa main anymore

Level
    Achievements:
    sniper high damage from long range this is what makes the game against her harder and more fun.
    I forgot how much fun it is getting deleted from far away.

with this change they are sure to know kinnesa cannot use her scope when a flank is hunting near her butt
    Also much fun as Kinessa being useless at close range, your team will also love a useless camper sniper but ofcourse every sniper has to be extremely OP at long range & useless at close range just like every other game. YAY, so much Win Win -__-.