Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruckus nerfed again?

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Ruckus nerfed again?

So next patch Ruckus' HP will be nerfed from 4500 to 4000. The whole reason is HP was buffed in the first place was to compensate his nerf to his shield from emitter.

Why has he been nerfed again? His winrate is about inline with other front lines. No one asked for a Ruckus nerf. He will now be absolutely useless as a main tank. Hi-Rez you are not listening to us, people are complaining about Zhin, Lex, Drogoz, Strix but you leave them be, whilst nerfing champions that no one is complaining about.
    Last edited by MekaDeth; 05-16-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    ruckus is good, NOT OP he is just good. i would be okay if they nerfed ruckus when they nerfed other OP champions too. its stupid they nerf the good skill based champions but they dont touch spammer OP broken ones
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I was talking about this in the PW discord server last night and another tank main who said this:

bc ruckus, is an tanky dps who can outrade most characters in the game with ease
    high health pool, self shield that wins him most 1v1s, and with triple rocket can almost one shot squishys
    as a tank

in paladins where that shouldnt be allowed bring his health inline with khan and term
    im down for that
    if hes revolving around a tank that can slay
    he doesn't deserve high health to back that up

I can literally have over 5k health with ruckus rn
    thats actually nuts
    base -RealGoochMob

Beta Player Baronet MightyBuckey's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points

Why did Ruckus got another nurf ?

Personally I love playing ruckus due to his guns. In every patch his getting some kind of a nurf compared to other frontline champions.

Even before the health nurf Ruckus was not a very effective front liner like Makoa, Fronado, Trovold .... his like a support front liner. With his current health 4500 he can take much heat from the enemy team unless there's a healer stuck in to his asset.

Hi-Rez nurfed him to the ground and now his really not that viable he didn't need another nurf he was fine with his current stats. If this balance was done due to people in the leagues then you have just screwed the normal casual player base which this game was built for in the first place.

I'm not ranting but just stating that current health nurf on Ruckus is not needed and from the buffs to Khan you might do the same nurfing when people start crying about him being played well.

Stop nurfing these balanced champions.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    bc ruckus, is an tanky dps who can outrade most characters in the game with ease
    high health pool, self shield that wins him most 1v1s, and with triple rocket can almost one shot squishys
    as a tank

in paladins where that shouldnt be allowed bring his health inline with khan and term
    im down for that
    if hes revolving around a tank that can slay
    he doesn't deserve high health to back that up

I can literally have over 5k health with ruckus rn
    thats actually nuts
    I can back that up.

Either they needed to nerf rucks dmg so he is more of tank , or they nerf his dmg so he is more of a dps. He cant have both.
    Last edited by Tahmid71; 05-16-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Torv aimbot gone

Now get rid of Lex and lian's

Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    Wormhole hinders mobility.

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I think we are over reacting with this nerf.

Even tho he sadly got his hp nerfed doesn't mean he isn't viable.

He still puts out really good damage you just gotta play a lot more safe now.

I also heard he only got 500 more hp as a buff to compensate for his shield nerf (not sure when that happened but yeah).

Either way tho ruckus will still be good (hopefully).

Still waiting for that counter measure buff tho

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    I think we are over reacting with this nerf.

Even tho he sadly got his hp nerfed doesn't mean he isn't viable.

He still puts out really good damage you just gotta play a lot more safe now.

I also heard he only got 500 more hp as a buff to compensate for his shield nerf (not sure when that happened but yeah).

Either way tho ruckus will still be good (hopefully).

Still waiting for that counter measure buff tho
    He will probably not me prioritized anymore and most likely not ban worthy.

I bet khan will rise, also my main problem with the health nerf is that they are going againts what they said in the dev diary and the fact damages remain untouched, so tanks will get shredded easier, we are slowly entering into a burst meta which includes stuff like Street Justice, Snipers, Drogoz with Fussilade, etc.

From my experience, those types of metas are the most unfun and toxic of them all. Especially because tanks are usally able to limit damages/flanks but they keep getting nerfed.

Again, I don't mind tanks being nerfed I am concerned because they are not addressing high burst talents and/or characters.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    He can win 1v1 so he needs a nerf? WTF kind of mentality is that? A frontline is supposed to win a 1v1, otherwise what bloody good is he if 1 player can kill him when he's standing on point.

His damage already got nerfed TWICE! Without the triple rocket talent his damage sucks and it's his only viable talent. No one uses overdrive, the emitter talent gets wrecked by wrecker and aerial assault is more like "slightly higher than jump hight" assault.

His damage was the only thing that made up for his inability to shield team mates.

Ruckus wasn't tanky to begin with, he is the easiest front line to kill, he moves as slow as a turtle with no legs, with a hitbox the size of Manhattan.

Before this he was semi-viable as a solo tank as long as he was backed up by a good healer. Now he has no place as a solo tank. NONE! NADA! ZILTCH! If you pick him and none of your team mates picked a real tank you're fucked.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Ruckus's been always a flanky tank, less health is not a big problem. But if they nerf him that much (11%hp) they should compensate with small dmg or speed buff. Fernando is much better choice at this point

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The Ruckus nerf is simple, he needed it since dampener was reworked to increase your max hp. 5250hp ruckus was just stupid considering how much damage he can deal as a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteelz View Post
    We're going to win so much, you'll be tired of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOthell159 View Post
    Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist. GG EZ

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteelz View Post
    Enjoy! Torvald's summer skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    I want to see Torvald in Bikinis.

PS: I roll play as Fernando the Self Appointed Playboy.