Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drogoz: Reign of Terror REWORK

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3

Drogoz: Reign of Terror REWORK

I already had several threads discussing this topic with several suggestions how to buff Drogoz' Reign of Terror and make it actually useful.

Now several people will say "Drogoz is already strong enough, he doesn't need more buffs". That might be true, but my intention is not to buff Drogoz, but rework Reign of Terror in something useful. I'd like to maybe tune down fusillade in return, but that's not the topic of this post.

So let's get right into it:

The idea is to completely rework Reign of Terror. The idea behind it was just "we wanna have a 4th legendary for drogoz, but we have no idea, so just make a legendary for the skill he doesn't have one for and stuff random benefits into it that take some small downsides of salvo away everybody already got used to". Reign of Terror didn't change your playstile since it was just a small buff to an ability with a long cooldown. They could've made it a shield breaker or something like that, but no. They didn't.

I actually think that drogoz doesn't need a legendary card for salvo. It's a really strong ability combined with fire spit, so either the legendary will be pretty useless for the 20s CD, and really strong when you use salvo to make up for that... that's not fun to play and not fun to play against. That's why I think that buffing Reign of Terror might not be the way to go, instead it needs a rework.

My idea is to rework Reign of Terror to grant a benefit to Thrust:
    Some might remember that Drogoz once had a damage bonus on his Thrust. I want to bring that back as a legendary.
    Reign of Terror should now grant a 20%-30% damage bonus for 3 seconds and reduce the CD of Thrust by a few seconds.

I think that way it would be a great addition to his kit and would open up totally new playstiles. Drogoz' legendaries right now focus on damage and mobility. Why not make one that is a bit of both?
    With that bonus damage you can just apply much more pressure to be not everyone's favourite target as soon as you start flying. It would also make up for huge salvo-spit combos and make thrust a better combat ability while fighting flanks since you'd get nice bonus damage for a few seconds to deal with them. You could use thrust to dish out more damage on the enemy tanks if needed. In return you give up permanent bonus damage on direct hits, bonus damage on every fire spit or lots of mobility.

Special thanks to Galvatwon for this idea. He kept annoying me with replies that suggested to revert Drogoz' nerfs and return him to his old power, which made me come up with this idea.
    I thought about suggesting to make RoT to make Thrust go farther/higher, but that might make it too strong... I guess?

Feel free to leave some feedback.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    2200 hp for dragon!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Hi-rez needs to understand community wants mobility based abilities/talents more than just absurd burst. And as for as nonmobile champions like Tyra and Vivian, they can have their burst. That's why I don't like Fusillade currently because of his projectile speed buff.

Thrust is really used a lot during a gameplay of Drogoz. That's how I play him anyways, enemies are usually can't notice you or aim at you when you thrust above them. And I like the cooldown reduction card on it at certain low heatlth. That card has an internal cooldown on it, so you can't abuse thrust by going on full cooldown all the time.

So my suggestion is "Reduce Thrust's cooldown 3s and using Thrust will grant 25% damage boost fot 3s" but has an internal cooldown 10s. Why? Because Drogoz has Condescension card that reduces cooldown by 1s for enemy hits and also has Survival card that resets Thrust on low health(which has 30s internal cooldown). Giving that Thrust will now have 8s cooldown instead of 11s, if we don't add internal cooldown on this talent he will go on thrust all the time on enemy hits with salvo/low health and will be annoying like Fusillade.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ernhn View Post
    Hi-rez needs to understand community wants mobility based abilities/talents more than just absurd burst. And as for as nonmobile champions like Tyra and Vivian, they can have their burst. That's why I don't like Fusillade currently because of his projectile speed buff.

Thrust is really used a lot during a gameplay of Drogoz. That's how I play him anyways, enemies are usually can't notice you or aim at you when you thrust above them. And I like the cooldown reduction card on it at certain low heatlth. That card has an internal cooldown on it, so you can't abuse thrust by going on full cooldown all the time.

So my suggestion is "Reduce Thrust's cooldown 3s and using Thrust will grant 25% damage boost fot 3s" but has an internal cooldown 10s. Why? Because Drogoz has Condescension card that reduces cooldown by 1s for enemy hits and also has Survival card that resets Thrust on low health(which has 30s internal cooldown). Giving that Thrust will now have 8s cooldown instead of 11s, if we don't add internal cooldown on this talent he will go on thrust all the time on enemy hits with salvo/low health and will be annoying like Fusillade.
    True. Though 10 seconds... maybe rather 8 seconds so you'll get the bonus damage every time you use thrust without cooldown reduction? Though I think it'd be fine with 10 seconds, too, so you have to chose between waiting 2 extra seconds or the bonus damage.

Thr problem with Drogoz is that you can't run him nowadays without propel + either thrill of the hunt or condescension to increase your mobility. Maybe the flat 3s CD reduction would be enough to be able to get rid of Thrill of the hunt and condescension... right now you don't have too many options for your loadout, since you'll pretty much always run masterful additionally to the cards already mentioned. That's 3 card slots already taken away for every loadout.

Another question: Should the bonus damage apply to rockets and salvo only, or also to spit's explosion?
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    The spit already has its own talent for extra damage over 2s, so i would say it should give bonus damage on his Salvo and basic attack. Because Salvo's cooldown is really long.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ernhn View Post
    The spit already has its own talent for extra damage over 2s, so i would say it should give bonus damage on his Salvo and basic attack. Because Salvo's cooldown is really long.
    That's true...
    also it would probably overshadow combustible if it did affect the spit, because you could use it with every seconds spit (with all CDs and CDRs) AND give bonus damage to your basic attacks.
    This way it would still be great for AoE burst damage since the bonus damage will also apply to non-direct hits unlike fusillade.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Good ideea but they should also bring back the old thrust vertical distance.

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    how about giving multiple charges to thrust so he can dart around the sky and be sure slippery while still not being as fast as wyrm jets as often
    ALL SHALL FALL OPON GROHK THE GREATEST FRONTLINE
    my champion concepts with added grammar errors

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by m69 View Post
    Good ideea but they should also bring back the old thrust vertical distance.
    I already thought about that one, but it might make the new legendary too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by robotranic View Post
    how about giving multiple charges to thrust so he can dart around the sky and be sure slippery while still not being as fast as wyrm jets as often
    Wyrm jets should really be the legendary for mobility. I'm really not a fan of giving several charges to regular abilities... This is a nice idea, but I doubt it would really fit drogoz playstile. It would be one of those legendaries everybody complains about on low levels cuz everyone is too bad to hit that drogoz flying around, but nobody would use it on higher levels because everybody would still be able to hit you regardless.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Please no we want to increase TTk not Decrease it I am tired of all these stupid no skill damage buff LC Hi-Rez will introduce or someone will ask for as a possible talent. If you will request a talent make it something that will help Increase TTK not lower it like making it so that Drogoz has DR whenever he is in the air.