Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is coming out of beta really a good idea?

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    If you feel as if you are being taken for a ride, why continue to play? I enjoy the game, so I will continue to play it.

I've nothing more to add to this topic, so I'll stop now. Keep on truckin'.
    Wrong question. I can play for free.

The question would be: If you feel as if you are being taken for a ride, why continue to spend money? The answer: I do not plan to at this point.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I cant believe this is even in question, of course it's not a good idea. The game isn't finished and as the video begins to point out, you can blow a million holes in the PR. They're going to continue to polish the game? You cant polish something that isn't even completed. Are you going to polish nonexistent champion art? Are you going to polish game play when people are having a hard time even staying connected? Are you going to polish Terminus' abilities when he ceases to work completely mid-match? Its a joke.

The fact that so many people like the game is a salute to the dev team, they're pretty awesome. Hell for a time I loved this game. This is a classic case of suits destroying art. I dont know if it's the Switch cash, Tencent, or whatever, but someone who could care less about the quality of the game made these guys do something they didn't want to do. It's really heartbreaking.

As for me, I'm done, you can check my play record, I haven't played since the launch announcement. That told me everything I need to know. And before you ask why I'm still reading and posting here, I've been following the game industry for decades, I love it. So really, I'm just taking in the spectacle like
    If you're going to polish the game, can you at least uncross Cassie's eyes in the forums background first?

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    The announcement got me to come back after a loooong break. I was surprised to see so many bugs still lol

Honestly I'm still enjoying it, but it's not been a week yet :P

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points
    "is coming out of beta a good idea" no at least up to OB90 would have been ideal just to get most bugs out of the game
    anime tities(つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points
    To be honest, I like that they released. Not that I don't like Hi-Rez, but it seems they do some bullshit every 5-10 patches, so the longer they waited, in my opinion, the worse off the game would be. So by doing this, Paladins is saying that they are not going to change anything anymore. I wouldn't believe it if they had stayed in beta, hell, its beta. But with HiRezChris (Our Lord and Savior) saying what he did on twitter, it reassures me that Hi-Rez is actually going to clean up the bugs, that they are actually going to stay how they are, they are finally developing a transparent identity. In my opinion, the game may have not been ready to release, but them doing it made a statement and it gain my trust, and many other's.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I think it's a good idea coming out of beta.

There are rumors that Paladins is coming to Nintendo switch that's why they took it out of beta because nintendo only accepts games that are "finished". Although this looks bad for old Paladins players, I thinks this will help the game to be improved faster. It simply means that hi-rez would focus more on improving the game.

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    It's just the removal of the beta tag. Now they're forced to make good decisions, or the game dies. The mysterious disconnects still leave this game feeling like an alpha, tbh.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidt View Post
    It's just the removal of the beta tag. Now they're forced to make good decisions, or the game dies.
    Have you been hanging around at the the decision making staff meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidt View Post
    The mysterious disconnects still leave this game feeling like an alpha, tbh.
    What mysterious disconnects? I haven't experienced a lot of that. Could it be your platform or Provider?
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    The video is exaggerating. The difference between Paladins and this 'Sea of something' unfinished game is that Paladin is for free. This is also the difference between Paladins and Overwatch. I can check it out and if the bugs bug me then I wont buy any content, so my expectations are not as high as if I spend 50 bucks for a game.

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    Have you been hanging around at the the decision making staff meetings?

What mysterious disconnects? I haven't experienced a lot of that. Could it be your platform or Provider?
    No, but I haven't received the last few updates very well, and a few other updates that were objectively bad, like OB 64.

Other people are also complaining about crashing and bad servers, so it doubt that it's my platform or provider. I would also like to mention that none of my other games do this.

Edit: I'm on PC, you may not be experiencing the crashes, like most other PC users do.
    Last edited by Skidt; 05-19-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻