View Poll Results: How much should TTK change?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase a lot

3 5.56%
  • Increase a fair bit

31 57.41%
  • Increase a little

7 12.96%
  • Stay the same

10 18.52%
  • Decrease a little

1 1.85%
  • Decrease a fair bit

1 1.85%
  • Decrease a lot

1 1.85%
  • Nerf Kyle

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How much do we want TTK to change

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    How can "insert random headshots" here is making any champion good to play... Buff her base damage and remove HS multiplier from the entire game, its not working with paladins wonky hitboxes anyway.
    Great answer.
    Plus, considering Kinessa's range and dmg, it is simply idiotic that her blink is better than Evie's (ie: no prefire).

Quote Originally Posted by EssenceStudio View Post
    TTK is a Odd thing to Talk about, If we Increase the TTK healing will be nerfed, and healers will be less played.
    Actually, the fastest way to increase TTK is to BUFF supports, so they can stay alive longer and heal more.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Banned Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In large part I believe the damage abilities and weapon shots do should be in line with the difficulty required to achieve that damage. For example, I consider Zhin to be a low skill floor champion, because he does solid damage and it is too easy to achieve due to the size of his projectile hitboxes. If the damage was lowered (because it is easy and reliable), it would make him a poor option, but if the projectile hitboxes were reduced in size so aim became more important (and dodging his shots allowed you to counterplay him) he would still be a powerful champion, but his skill floor would increase and players using him would have to improve their aim to get the best out of him.

That is the direction I would rather see balancing take. Another example; Maeve's Pounce is stupidly easy to land, so being able to use it twice in succession (with Nine Lives) and do huge burst damage (with Street Justice) isn't acceptable in my opinion. It is basically free damage, so it shouldn't be capable of doing more than her weapon shots, which take more skill to land both daggers reliably. For Maeve, I would prefer to see her Pounce damage be fixed (at say, 500), but with a shorter CD (say, 8 seconds, with option to reduce it to 5 using cards). That way it would be less powerful, but she could use it more often, and more importantly, she could use Pounce for vertical mobility without feeling like it was wasted due to the long CD.

The problem with the current TTK stems from the addition of Legendaries. Many abilities were reduced in power so that power could be added to a Legendary, or power was just flat out added (such as headshot multipliers going from 1.5 to 2.0 etc). The devs need to redesign a lot of Legendaries rather than keep them as they are, and adjust the TTK around them. It would be interesting to see what the balance is like if Legendaries were temporarily suspended for a few weeks.

Banned Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Actually, the fastest way to increase TTK is to BUFF supports, so they can stay alive longer and heal more.
    That isn't much of an idea to be honest. Healers can already output a decent amount of healing (providing cauterise isn't on their target), and because of cauterise they aren't priority targets like they are in other games, so you can play around the other team having a healer. If they were buffed to the point of being hard to kill, they would either be ignored and cauterise would become even more important (it is already the best card by far), or teams would focus the healer, and no amount of TTK adjustments would keep you alive vs 5 players who are intent on killing you. I doubt you would enjoy that very much. The meta would shift to 'dive the healer', and you would have even more flankers coming after you. As the game currently stands, killing a healer with a flanker is easy if they are unsupported, but difficult if their team are watching out for them. And that is how it should be.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    1) as soon as you don't consider players with less than 5 game-hours, cauterize is always *THE* item
    2) unless there's a Kinessa, supports are ALWAYS the first target
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Banned Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah, and they are hard to take out when they are protected by damage dealers such as Cassie or Sha Lin. If a lone flanker goes for the damage dealer first (so they don't die while trying to kill the support) the support heals them and they win on attrition, and if they go for the support first, the damage dealer usually kills them. At best you get the support down before you die.

This is a teamwork game, buffing supports so they can survive in a duel vs a flanker would make them far too strong in a team that actually defends them. Flankers are strong and can kill quickly in a 1v1 fight (tanks not included) but they take the biggest risk because they are typically short range and have to overextend to kill their target. A team that works together can shut a flanker down to the point where they are forced to play like short range damage dealers who instead have to focus on chasing and securing kills on low health targets and get out alive.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see movement speed increased, hitboxes reduced etc to make the game more demanding of skill, but until that happens this will always be a teamwork game first and foremost, because the skill floor is so low even bad players can get kills easily enough. It sounds like you just want supports buffed and flankers nerfed to make it easier for you to be a healbot regardless of how good or bad your team is.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    Yeah, and they are hard to take out when they are protected by damage dealers such as Cassie or Sha Lin.
    I don't know how to explain this but...
    1) supports are quite shit nowadays, for self defense
    2) almost no one, except super high tier, defend supports
    3) it is simply OBVIOUS that if your flank is alone and goes against 2 enemies (one of which is support, but it is the same for whatever category) it would have serious difficult into killing them, for the simple fact that 1vs2 is putting yourself at disadvantage.

It seems you were around since 2 years ago. Supports were able to defend themselves if needed and no one never called them OP. Now flankers are simply insane. I seriously can't understand why people get so shocked when I ask to make supports able to defend themselves AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.

It sounds like you just want supports buffed and flankers nerfed to make it easier for you to be a healbot regardless of how good or bad your team is.
    Trust me on that: the actual trend is the opposite. HiRez buffed flankers and nerfed supports to noobify the game. A noob is usually picking DD and flanker, not support. And the noob wants free kills to feel good and spend money on the game.

Supports have always been able to defend themselves and that was not OPness. I can't understand which is the problem in having that back.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Banned Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Well, I'm not super high tier, and I often defend supports from flankers. And I have seen many others do the same. Then again, I'm not a TDM player in Siege, I tend to spend most of my time dropping the enemy tank's health, defending my support(s) from flankers, and taking down opponents that the rest of my team are struggling to kill (Drogoz, Maeve, Zhin etc). I also see a lot of players who do the complete opposite, and ignore the objective and avoid any kind of teamwork to play TDM instead, but the game shouldn't be balanced/designed around button mashing idiots, for the simple reason that it unbalances the game when people play intelligently (and that is what would happen if supports were buffed and became harder to kill, it would result in dive comps being the mainstay, and no one wanting to play support due to dying all the time).

There are other ways they could adjust TTK rather than just playing around with damage or health values. Nimble is a pretty rubbish option as it stands right now, the other yellow options are better, and there are other cards in the different categories that are more valuable. I think they should buff each tier of Nimble to 15%, for a total of 45% movement speed. It is easier to avoid a lot of damage when you take movement speed increases, as the base movement speed for most champions is painfully slow making them too easy to hit. Although HiRez might shy away from that idea in order to keep console players happy. They should never have balanced the PC game around the console version. But it is an option, both to increase the TTK (although it wouldn't be a 'free' increase, you would still have to actively dodge attacks) and to make Nimble more useful.

Level
    Achievements:
    but the game shouldn't be balanced/designed around button mashing idiots
    Yes, or supports should have 5000 dps and 16000HP.
    Still, they were able to defend themselves when flankers were more about skills, than a lucky head shoot. Why they can't be as they all were, since there were less problems of balance, back then?
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports