Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: capcană the cave lure

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

capcană the cave lure

lore:
    below the mountains of ascension's peak by the bamboo river lives a humble race of panda people (because there just isn't enough scalys and furrys) living their life's in peace that had kept a secret from the rest of the world about the origins of a certain individual until they we're found by the one and only jenos and the Resistance members buck,tyra,and barik. jenos confronted a couple who had isolated themselves from the rest of the village as he fears that their hiding some one who holds back something terrible.
    after some convincing jenos got the pair to talk,they told him about how their child had a distaste for the local crops the rest ate and that it would always go out hunting for anything alive to eat in her never ending hunger,when questioned what happened to the child they remained silent only looking at a small doll next to another with its head torn off.

jenos was convinced she/he was posses by the scorpion spirit (the one represented in the consolation) a being of relentless hunger that is trailed by scorpions and secretes a sticky liquid when in physical form has chosen capcana as its new vessel,while not having complete control at the moment when the great darkness jenos foretold comes he will have full reign to devour the realm

after a nights hunt for her/him they found a cave covered in webbing just outside the bamboo forest where something waits eager to snatch up her/his next meal.many men have fallen to the call of a so called damsel in distress in the cave as their lifeless husks are found hung on the ceiling,face planted on the ground and encased in a goo like substance.
    only jenos and tyra went in while buck and inara stayed guard,as they traveled further into her den the more they could hear her/him humming a tune only to stop and set it's sight on the two
    unfortunate souls...

appearance:very panda like with big eyes and very femmine like features (make's it easy to lure them in)with some very femmine clothing (knee high socks small pants and a long sleve top with a bow)

why does she/he look like this,because im a sad,sad,sad thingymajig that hates looking at humans all day

role in game:unlike other flanks capcana does not chase her/his prey,she/he creates multiple lairs to wait for its victums to fall into its traps for an easy meal however it does require some game sense and a good understanding of the map to get the most out of her kit,this also means she/heis fairly weak on wide open maps without alot of indoor areas like market or frog isle

base health:2100
    base speed:maeve speed

weapon:GooThrower (creative i know (based on the flamesaw from primal carnage))

its god awful i know

a status effect unigue to this champion:

goo is inflicted by this champion's ability instead of dealing damage,when a enemy is covered in goo they will start to slow down by a max of 25% with a 30% reload slowdone based on how much goo they have compared to their health(it will work at max effectiveness when the goo is over 75% of the enemys health),if an enemy has more than 100 goo than capcana can press the reload key to send a very short range makoa hook like attack that travels 5 meters reals enemy's in and deals damage (by biting them) based on how much goo the enemy has,if an enemy has more goo than they do health than its a one shot,
    goo depletes over time (500 goo every second when entering out of combat) to prevent it being op plus goo can not be used by any other champion

primary fire toppings:fire a very short range stream of goop (6 meter's long) that covers that deals 100 goo and 50 damage every 0.1 seconds.is on a meter like fernado or grohk (has 25 ammo in a clip,recharges 1 ammo every 0.2 seconds)

alt fire trip wire:alt fireing on a wall than on another nearby surface will create a trip wire (the trip wire itself can be as long as 7 meters),enemies who trigger the trap are stunned for 0.1 seconds and are covered in 300 goo but if you trip on your own trip wires (idiot)you stun yourself
    you can have a max of 20 trip wires,has a cool down of 3 seconds,enemies are also revealed
    can indeed be destroyed

first and second ability water route and Lungeout:pressing the first ability button will create a pool of goo on the ground 10 meters by 10 meters,you can have two of these pools,using yo second ability while facing in the direction of one of these pools will teleport you to them jumping out like a very angry shark,enemies that are on the pools when you arrive are sprayed with 800 goo

ULTIMATE DESERT (OH HOW I LOVE IT WHEN THEY OFFER THEMSELVES TO ME):
    unlike khans ult capcana releases a flowing river of scorpions that adds more goo to enemy's in the stream (200 ever 0.1 seconds) and allows it to move a lot faster while in it while enemy's are slowed.
    the river doesn't appear instantly and has travel time

TALENTS (the thing's i wish i had)

Stuffing:landing a the reload attack heals you for the amount of goo an enemy had,any additional health is turned into a 4 second shield

Clever Hen:you no longer trip on your own tripwires,trip wires also extend by 40%

Dragged Under:instead of teleporting yourself to your pools you can take enemys that are standing on a pool to you,how ever you can no longer travel through the pools

always watching:holding f will reveal enemies 20 meters away from your pools

Regular cards (*sarcastic yay*)
    Armor,weapon
    Vinegar:toppings deal 5[7[9[11[13] more goo
    Salt:toppings notifies defense by 5[10[15[20[25 %
    More sugar:gain 2[3[4[5[6 ammo
    Double dip:reload 12[15[17[19[21 % faster

Trip wire:
    Alerted:when an enemy trips on a wire gain 4[6[8[10[12 % movement speed
    Snagged:enemies loose 10[15[20[25[30 credits when they trip on a wire
    Stinger:trip wire deals 100[150[200[250[300 damage
    Extra sticky:enemies are stunned for 0.1[0.3[0.5[0.7[0.9 seconds longer

Water route:
    Sharing:you and your teamates standing on the pool heals for 7[14[21[28[35 health ever 0.2
    seconds
    Deep hole:enemies in the pool receive 10[20[30[40[50 goo ever 0.3 seconds while standing in
    the pool
    mysterious liquid:enemies receive 30%[40%[50%[60%[70% caut when standing in the pool
    Quick sand:enemies are slowed for 6[8[10[12[14% of their movement speed while in the pool

Lungeout:
    Surpise attack:enemies receive 50[100[150[200[250 more goo
    Sudden shock:enemies are rooted for 0.3[0.6[0.9[1.2[1.5 seconds
    Prepared:gain 10[13[16[19[21 % defense for 2 seconds
    Back into the depths:heal for 150[200[250[300[350 health

some voicelines
    When drafting ends:
    "i can already feel my mouth watering

When match starts:
    "Hello you little cupcakes,if you can win for mommy i won't eat you adorible muffins"
    "Lunch time already but i barley finished breakfeast"
    alot of this is gonna be food related

When point is captured by enemy:
    "oh sugar buns did we forget our deal?No? than protect the payload and i may save you for latter"
    When team captures point:
    "yes my dumplings push them back into my trap than we will have a feast"

When match is lost:
    "well our deal is broken,now come here you little piggy"

When match is won:
    "Well done You creamy pies looks like you get to live another day"

when killed:
    "but...im only half full"
    "i thought the hunger would stop"
    "i should of stuck with bamboo"

kill taunts:
    tyra "do you even eat your kill?"
    jenos"ive been truly blessed for this melee"
    fernando"ooooh a little spicy"
    pip"do i smell....chicken?"
    skye"eww you look far better than you taste"
    andro"tell me,what flavour of god was nyx"
    Barik"ive seen better sides of beef been ran over by a combine" (tf2 reference)
    Viktor"well that was bland"

kill taunted:
    Khan"The blood of house aico is not your Damn snack"
    lian"my entire court eat less in an entire year than you do every day"

jokes:
    "these enemys are just a little bit too salty"
    "your so cute i could just eat you up"

Purchasing items:
    Blue "Crunchy"
    Yellow:"Tangy and a bit of Sweetness"
    Green:"Slimey yet satisfying"
    Red:"something tells me i shouldn't eat this"

When you have credits to spend (your not helping the economy come and buy a pixelizer)
    "time to exchange these credits for some snacks"

VEA "delicious"
    VER "You can have the scraps Tiny Biscut"
    VVGG "delightful meal"
    VVGF "Indulge yourself"
    I need Healing "Im hungry"
    was making it a furry necessary,no,did i like the concept i made,ya
    Last edited by robotranic; 05-24-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: changed the lore and added voice lines
    ALL SHALL FALL OPON GROHK THE GREATEST FRONTLINE
    my champion concepts with added grammar errors

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Very interesting concept. I do like the goo mechanic; it's very unique. As for feedback, I think goo is a little weak, and it should probably deal some damage. Also, I don't like how similar the Ultimate is that of Khan, so it would be great if you can rework it to be more original. Other than that, great job.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    updated goo mechanic along with primary fire and reworked ultimate

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Review time!

Passive - Goo is interesting but I believe that it's CC is too easy to get off. Just increase the required amount of health to get the pull off to about 1500 (large jump in requirement but it only takes 1.5s to do that so it'll be fine) and it will be a nice passive. One question, is the instakill when the goo is over double their current health or when it is over their maximum health?

LMB - The ammo is a bit low. I like it though.

RMB - Hmmm. Very interesting. I don't believe that they should stun you though. It's hard to say just how strong this would be but I really like the combo of the passive pull and the traps from this.

Q - It should stack a large amount of goo on enemies that step in the pool.

F - Sounds really fun actually. You should increase the goo it stacks on enemies when you jump out if you do increase the goo requirement for his passive pull like I suggested. That way you still get a pull right after using this.

E - The ability is fine. Would only take a couple of seconds to let him instakill someone with his passive but that's fine considering it's an ult and it has counterplay (such as just jumping out of it). One problem is that you spelled "Dessert" wrong lol.

Also, unrelated to the kit but I was expecting the character to be an insect and not a furry when you were describing it's territory with empty husks. I'd personally prefer a bug but it's your choice in the end.

Total - 8/10. The balancing is pretty great with the passive being the only noticeable issue. The sheer fun of the kit makes up for the passive issue though and I must say you've created a pretty interesting and unique concept. As always when I review, a 9/10 is saved for having a full set of (balanced) cards and a 10/10 comes with art, voicelines, and other such things.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    Review time!

Passive - Goo is interesting but I believe that it's CC is too easy to get off. Just increase the required amount of health to get the pull off to about 1500 (large jump in requirement but it only takes 1.5s to do that so it'll be fine) and it will be a nice passive. One question, is the instakill when the goo is over double their current health or when it is over their maximum health?

LMB - The ammo is a bit low. I like it though.

RMB - Hmmm. Very interesting. I don't believe that they should stun you though. It's hard to say just how strong this would be but I really like the combo of the passive pull and the traps from this.

Q - It should stack a large amount of goo on enemies that step in the pool.

F - Sounds really fun actually. You should increase the goo it stacks on enemies when you jump out if you do increase the goo requirement for his passive pull like I suggested. That way you still get a pull right after using this.

E - The ability is fine. Would only take a couple of seconds to let him instakill someone with his passive but that's fine considering it's an ult and it has counterplay (such as just jumping out of it). One problem is that you spelled "Dessert" wrong lol.

Also, unrelated to the kit but I was expecting the character to be an insect and not a furry when you were describing it's territory with empty husks. I'd personally prefer a bug but it's your choice in the end.

Total - 8/10. The balancing is pretty great with the passive being the only noticeable issue. The sheer fun of the kit makes up for the passive issue though and I must say you've created a pretty interesting and unique concept. As always when I review, a 9/10 is saved for having a full set of (balanced) cards and a 10/10 comes with art, voicelines, and other such things.
    ok some answers

regarding goo and the cc,the cc is easy to pull off since she has ONE ability that actually does constant damage which does mimal damage coupled with the fact that he would be the least mobile of the champions next to talus and actually has to land the attack to deal her main source of damage.the cc is their to help secure kills on enemies dumb enough to allow themselfs to let her get close enough to do her big bursts of damage.i made it a percentage based system to prevent her from ripping tanks to pieces like fernando (a big counter to her alt fire since he can burn them without even needing to look ).
    how ever i may bump it up to 75% to make it more balance.
    to awnser your question the damage that is delt with the hook is based on how much goo an enemy has.since its a one to one ratio a target will only be killed if they have more goo than they do health.

concerning the right click the trip wires themselfs would be easily dispatched with a single shot from any weapon (hence why fernando is such a great counter to her since he can dispatch the trip wires and deal enough damage to force capcana to retreat) but their power truly shines when a entire flanking route is covered in 10 while the other 10 a smartly planted across the map

the reason why i didn't make the q deal a'lot of goo is because it would make it too easy for her to pop right in as soon as the touch the puddle and instantly delete them it would also take away from the sudden shock of him suddenly popping in out of nowhere since people would tend to avoid the location all to-giver

side note the ultimate was originaly a mix of khans and mojis ult but i eventually changed it.

and to explain the furry thing,whats a better thing than to have something lure you in a make you regret every life discussion you ever made than an anthrophormorphic animal that traps its prey in goo

anyway it was nice people liked the concepts (even if their slightly cringle but hey what isn't cringle these day

Level
    Achievements:
    added weapon concept "art"

Level
    Achievements: