Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Drogoz balance: Buff base kit, tune down fusillade.

  1. #41
    Banned Archduke CandySuxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨ (,,#゚Д゚) (◕‿◕✿)
    Posts
    4,834
    Level
    100
    Points: 110,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    And still he's really strong.

    Drogoz once had more damage (950 I think) by default and it was broken. He doesn't need more air mobility since he isn't meant to be there all the time. He's a flying champion, but flying isn't always the best idea. You only need a tight corridor to hit people if you can't aim. Drogoz has probably the best AoE burst damage in the entire game and is probably one of the best DDs against double tank. But with Fusillade he can also become a flank killer instead. Thrusts distance is fine, you can reach all high grounds with wall jumps, his jetpack isn't supposed to have much fuel, since you only need to stay in the air long enough to take a few shots or drop a salvo-spit combo. Against eagle eye you just need to buy haven 1.

    Drogoz is waaaaay stronger than you say.


    Just had an idea... what if Fusillade had a cooldown of 1.2 seconds? That way you'd need to wait before your second direct hit or the bonus damage will only be applied every second shot.
    I think it would be better to play a champ that feels better in general because he is more flexible and balanced overall. Imo better alternative to his spammy kit and disgusting burst potential. The projectile speed buff was great, tho it should have happened a long time ago but they would have had to tune down other parts of his kit because he used to be very strong even with crappy rockets.

    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    I'd rather see Drogoz get 900-1k direct hit rockets for his base attack by default and have fusillade reworked.
    Up the size of his Aoe blasts from his rockets by a fraction but lower the spread damage to 650.
    For an idea i think fire spit's damage amp mechanic would be good replacement, given its made strong enough it could provide alternative ways to use drogoz and build different decks for him, instead of having a "do more damage" legendary like fusillade. That would be the point of legendaries after all, according to Hirez.

  2. #42
    Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Ying
    Posts
    779
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,415, Level: 82
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    It doesn't. Maybe it looks like that but is some kind of ping issue?

    Can you please provide some footage where you can prove me?
    After testing this in the firing range, it does have to be direct however with a caveat.
    Shooting at the feet of champions is inconsistent. Sometimes it applies the Bonus Damage and other times it doesn't. Conclusion is that because Ping is generally bad in this game it only exacerbates the fact that even when I do not get hit directly it still applies the bonus damage. Also this isn't just me as it happens to my duo partner quite often and he has less ping than I do.

    I also realized another thing:
    Remove the bonus damage off of Fire Spit directly hitting a target. 1492 damage is just absurd (With Fusillade) to an already 1148. If Viktor can't have some bonus damage in his base kit why should a Lizard with a 35% Bonus Damage Talent have it?

    EDIT: To put this in perspective you can 3 shot a Fernando who isn't running a HP Increase Card.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 05-11-2018 at 05:04 PM.

  3. #43
    Beta Player Duke Skidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Next to my neighbours
    Posts
    1,814
    Level
    85
    Points: 17,862, Level: 85
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    After testing this in the firing range, it does have to be direct however with a caveat.
    Shooting at the feet of champions is inconsistent. Sometimes it applies the Bonus Damage and other times it doesn't. Conclusion is that because Ping is generally bad in this game it only exacerbates the fact that even when I do not get hit directly it still applies the bonus damage. Also this isn't just me as it happens to my duo partner quite often and he has less ping than I do.

    I also realized another thing:
    Remove the bonus damage off of Fire Spit directly hitting a target. 1492 damage is just absurd (With Fusillade) to an already 1148. If Viktor can't have some bonus damage in his base kit why should a Lizard with a 35% Bonus Damage Talent have it?

    EDIT: To put this in perspective you can 3 shot a Fernando who isn't running a HP Increase Card.
    Viktor and Drogoz are two very different champions.

    I'd say just scrap the rocket speed increase and buff his Thrust to make it go higher and maybe base booster speed. Fusillade is completely broken because of this change, I can say from experience fighting with and against it.
    The most useful kind of teammate is one who dodges all your heals and walks into enemy bullets.

    Plat II, do I finally have some credibility now?





  4. #44
    Beta Player Count Sarenzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    702
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,926, Level: 39
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    I also realized another thing:
    Remove the bonus damage off of Fire Spit directly hitting a target. 1492 damage is just absurd (With Fusillade) to an already 1148. If Viktor can't have some bonus damage in his base kit why should a Lizard with a 35% Bonus Damage Talent have it?

    EDIT: To put this in perspective you can 3 shot a Fernando who isn't running a HP Increase Card.
    Using fire spit on someone just for bonus damage is not really viable any more since you can no longer increase spit's projectile speed.

    On the other hand nobody ever uses it. You pretty much always deal more damage if you detonate it.
    You actually don't want to hit people with fire spit directly. This bonus damage just makes no sense.

    I'd start with making fire spit's explosion the "regular damage" and spit's direct hit the "bonus damage".

    Then... well, it shouldn't be too good of a strategy to actually catch the fire spit when fighting against drogoz... if you do, you should be punished for that... Maybe just remove the damage bonus from direct hit fire spits and make it a DoT for about 500 damage? That way it would still be less than taking the explosion damage and the huge bonus damage would be gone, too.

    This whole fire spit direct hit bonus damage thing feels rather like a remnant from older patches.
    Vote on how to nerf Fusillade!


    Rework Jenos Celestial Touch for more burst heal



    THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

  5. #45
    Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Ying
    Posts
    779
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,415, Level: 82
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidt View Post
    Viktor and Drogoz are two very different champions.

    I'd say just scrap the rocket speed increase and buff his Thrust to make it go higher and maybe base booster speed. Fusillade is completely broken because of this change, I can say from experience fighting with and against it.
    Different champions sure but if they are going to scrap the bonus damage on one champion they should make a pass on another since this is Hi-Rez's style anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed
    Using fire spit on someone just for bonus damage is not really viable any more since you can no longer increase spit's projectile speed.

    On the other hand nobody ever uses it. You pretty much always deal more damage if you detonate it.
    You actually don't want to hit people with fire spit directly. This bonus damage just makes no sense.
    This is like saying never Shatter illusions with Ying.

    While opening up in a fight it makes sense to just explode fire spit against multiple enemies.
    However if a single enemy Tank flanks you there is no reason to explode the Fire Spit as the bonus damage with Fusillade will melt frontlines even faster. It has it's use cases and is not useless.

    But yes the bonus damage makes no sense as a lot of things in this game.

  6. #46
    Beta Player Viscount
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    359
    Level
    24
    Points: 1,757, Level: 24
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Drogoz needs no changes. If hes direct rocketing you, you let the slowest and one of the fattest characters get close to you with the legendary that doesnt boost speed. Git gud.

  7. #47
    Beta Player Count Sarenzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    702
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,926, Level: 39
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatwon View Post
    Drogoz needs no changes. If hes direct rocketing you, you let the slowest and one of the fattest characters get close to you with the legendary that doesnt boost speed. Git gud.
    Not getting near drogoz is such a good advice for the flank that can only deal reliable damage on short ranges.

    Some characters have to get up in his face. Also you can hit direct hits pretty easily on mid range, too, not just short range. That's what makes fusillade that good nowadays.

    It used to be the card to get an occasional direct hit on long or mid range (more than occasional for the pros) and get reliable direct hits on close range to deal with flanks. Now you can also hit mid ranged direct hits consistently, which just increases your damage output too much.
    Vote on how to nerf Fusillade!


    Rework Jenos Celestial Touch for more burst heal



    THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

  8. #48
    Beta Player Viscount
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    359
    Level
    24
    Points: 1,757, Level: 24
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Oh wow. God forbid consistency be on a character, Should just implement rng damage and random aoe sizes on his rockets then. Drogoz is clearly not a balance issue rn nor has ever been. If he becomes strong to the point of where he becomes the meta such as bomb king did in ob46 then he can get a nerf. Till then hes just snother above average damage who CAN STILL BE COUNTERED. And if flanks cant kill a fat slow moving hitbox with nerfed mobility they should uninstall or play lex or lian.

  9. #49
    Beta Player Emperor Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10,544
    Level
    100
    Points: 71,698, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    What? O.o
    Do you realize that Drogoz was the way to go for victory for ages? As soon as they implemented ban system, he was THE ban, at every tier. And now, I can assure you that Drogoz is banned/picked, for you can't allow enemy team to pick him.
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

    #StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

  10. #50
    Beta Player Viscount
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    359
    Level
    24
    Points: 1,757, Level: 24
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    What? O.o
    Do you realize that Drogoz was the way to go for victory for ages? As soon as they implemented ban system, he was THE ban, at every tier. And now, I can assure you that Drogoz is banned/picked, for you can't allow enemy team to pick him.
    Not at every tier. Just the tiers where no one new how to look up. Which lead to a bunch of nerfs that werent needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •