Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Drogoz balance: Buff base kit, tune down fusillade.

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloxist View Post
    I'd still say Fussilade needs to give bonus damage on direct hits but deal less AoE damage, like 35% or so that way if a Drogoz kills you, you know that he earned the kill with a sweet direct hit.

Oh and, regarding his health buff, I think the best option is to nerf those things like eagle eye and such, a lot of character got their health decreased so they get 1 shotted by them (Supports, bomb king) so they need to tone them down a bit. or maybe you know... buff health all around again and nerf bk's damage instead...

Not sure what you think of that.
    Reducing fusillade's bonus damage by 5% doesn't really have that much impact. You still kill 2200 HP champs in 2 shots. You still can't kill 2300 HP champs in 2 shots.
    Just decreases your overall damage a tiny bit.

Also I'm actually kinda fine with the support nerf. It just forces you to play together as a team some more and be more careful regarding your positioning. After all if you run into a flank alone as support, you should be dead, so health doesn't really matter that much.

What really sucks about the HP nerf though is the insane TTK reduction regarding snipers.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteelz View Post
    How about we take the 5% of and don't compensate drogoz because he doesn't need it...
    He does. On higher level of play. When you got all those long ranged DDs with great accuracy in the enemy team who make peeking your head out a death sentence and skilled flanks who can actually play with their champions, a skill tier where people aren't too bad to look up and hit a flying target, there Drogoz is far from being OP.
    50 Health isn't much. 5% damage is neither.

Just a small adjustment. Overall Drogoz out of all DDs has a great damage, but a relatively low survivability due to a super slow base movement speed (even many tanks are faster) and no HP cards. There it doesn't really matter that you have 200 health more than most other squishies since your hitbox is huge and your horizontal mobility is crap unless you invest into it regarding your loadout.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MekaDeth View Post
    He now has second highest winrate out of the damage champs, by Hi-Rez logic, nerfs will be coming whether we like it or not.

I just hope it's a fusillade nerf and not a nerf to his base kit. I really wish they would buff his other talents.
    Fusillade is stronger than the other talents right now. But that doesn't mean that they're bad (except for reign of terror).
    They're both still viable.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ernhn View Post
    Nerf Fusillade to 25% from 35%.
    Have him higher damage in longe range, less damage in close range like Grover. His damage must scale from 700 to 1000. Because Fusillade gives 35% damage boost and it's a lot easier to hit direct shots in close range. I don't like when a damage dealer flanks better than a flank. When I play a support, I usually look out for flanks to save my ass but Drogoz can wipe you in two shots. Same with Kinessa's eagle eye talent. Not cool. Same with Cassie's impulse loadout.

Developers need to change game's "two shots and die" type of thing in general. Jenos's ulti is really easy to escape from and it's an ultimate ability so don't ask buffs to Drogoz's health because of that. Drogoz doesn't need a health buff, Kinessa and Cassie type of "two shots to kill" burst needs to be nerfed. And I think giving Drogoz scaling damage over distance will grant him better chance against snipers and he won't be able to squish you in two shots in close range. He has a really decent mobility. It will cause Drogoz mains to actually create distance to enemy and will provide a better game play.
    This...
    is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.

Nerfing fusillade to 25% will kill it since you'll deal less than 1100 damage per direct hit then.
    Grover is the only one with damage scaling, and he's a support. If you want to do that, you'll nerf drogoz' entire damage, since it's still super easy to dodge his rockets on long ranges.
    Drogoz is no long-ranged DD. He's rather that kind of mid-ranged DDs who is good against flanks but bad against other, long ranged DDs.
    Compared to a Cassie or a kinessa, drogoz still has a slow projectile speed. A high mobility flank like evie or andro will still be able to dodge it. He has huge damage potential, but not that much on highly mobile targets. Also flanks can use their defensive cooldown to deal with drogoz. Yes, he is really good against some flanks. But against stuff like Zhin, buck, andro, evie and maeve he still struggles. And he's an easy target for Snipers or similar DDs. That way you need to be constantly aware of your positioning all the time.

What you're suggesting is pretty much a Damage nerf to 700-800 damage. Since 850 damage is in the middle between 700 and 1000, it's a plain damage nerf: You hit long ranged shots much less than short ranged shots.

Drogoz isn't supposed to create space between him and you. His mobility is far too bad for that.

You're not suggesting a rework, but instead a dumb way to kill a champion that's just making a comeback.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Well yeah, 850 is between 700 and 1000. That's why I said 700, duh LOL

He's a mid range champion. Good. Let him stay this way. His projectile buff makes him deal more direct damage in close range and it's fucking OP. Making him have scaling damage over distance will reduce its OP effect in close range and even grant more damage over distance which is not a nerf on that side. If they cannot nerf his close range damage, then this idea actually makes a lot of sense. As I said before, Cassie and Kinessa are OP too. But this shouldn't justfiy the fact that Drogoz can kill you with 2 direct shots with his increased damage boost. He is supposed to deal area damage, blast a large area. If they want to give him some kind of different weapon with this talent (area of damage to direct damage) then they should change this talent like what Barik has. Something similar but different. Fusillade should grant him a hitscan weapon that deals 700 dmg every 0.7s. I am sick and tired of getting killed by Drogoz's lucky direct hits with his increased damage boost and even when he can deal direct damage, he will still kill you with his 850 aoe dmg. At least this way he will actually be a direct damage.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Level
    Achievements:
    Well yeah, 850 is between 700 and 1000. That's why I said 700, duh LOL
    Maths genius...
    A good drogoz will hit about 1 out of 5 long ranged shots, but every short ranged shot.
    That means that these 1000 damage are much rarer than these 700 damage.

So you will deal less than 850 damage in average.

He's a mid range champion. Good. Let him stay this way. His projectile buff makes him deal more direct damage in close range and it's fucking OP. Making him have scaling damage over distance will reduce its OP effect in close range and even grant more damage over distance which is not a nerf on that side. If they cannot nerf his close range damage, then this idea actually makes a lot of sense. As I said before, Cassie and Kinessa are OP too. But this shouldn't justfiy the fact that Drogoz can kill you with 2 direct shots with his increased damage boost. He is supposed to deal area damage, blast a large area. If they want to give him some kind of different weapon with this talent (area of damage to direct damage) then they should change this talent like what Barik has. Something similar but different. Fusillade should grant him a hitscan weapon that deals 700 dmg every 0.7s. I am sick and tired of getting killed by Drogoz's lucky direct hits with his increased damage boost and even when he can deal direct damage, he will still kill you with his 850 aoe dmg. At least this way he will actually be a direct damage.
    This sounds like a salty flank main that is just too bad to deal with a drogoz.

Honestly, THE PURPOSE OF FUSILLADE IS TO KILL FLANKS IN 2 SHOTS. That's why it exists and why people use it.

Also you're applying Hi-Rez logic: A legendary is OP? Guess we have to nerf the base kit.

NO. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Yes, with the increased projectile speed, even less skilled players can now hit direct hits on close range reliably. But there's no need to nerf Drogoz' base kit. He's already one of the DDs with the lowest sustainability. His only way to fight flanks is to burst them down before they burst him down.
    Taking that away from him will make him useless since his only purpose will be feeding the oversized egos of flank mains then.

Just that you're not good enough to deal with a Drogoz doesn't mean he needs a nerf that'll kill him.

Also damage scaling on an AoE projectile? A ROCKET? On DROGOZ? A NERF? After he's been pretty bad that long and can finally be viable on certain maps now? Dude... It just makes no sense. The pure concentration of idioticy regarding this suggestion makes me speechless.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    Maths genius...
    A good drogoz will hit about 1 out of 5 long ranged shots, but every short ranged shot.
    That means that these 1000 damage are much rarer than these 700 damage.
    This idea is not about changing his fire rate though. He still be dealing damage over the same time. But once he lands his long range shots, he will deal more damage. I didn't say he does full damage on long range. I said keep him as mid range champion. I don't main one type of class in the game. I share my idea based on different gameplays. Like I said, I don't like it when anyone kills with two shots. And I also said before, that they should nerf fusillade to 25% from 35% and you disaggree with that one also. You just want to swipe dead everyone you want in the game and that's why you don't want any nerfs on him or on his talents, it's obvi. you just get butthurted because some people wants to nerf your favorite. Even before OB70, the only time he had low winrate was on OB66. Don't try to take pity on Drogoz as if he was trash before. Maybe you are not as good as you think. You only like to disaggree and talk shit with your fresh salt from salt mines lol Have better idea on balancing, do share please. I can't even understand why you think damage scale from 700-1000 is bad. A fucking tree throws axe and you're fine with it but you don't like it on your retarted lizard because Drogoz fires rockets? Wooow nice logic, I almost forgot it's a freaking fantasy based game. Everyone crys out "DrOgOz iS a HiGH rISK HIGh REwaRd CHAMp" then keep him that way. This community is filled with Andro, Drogoz, Sniper, Cassie mains who want buffs on only their favorites to kill anyone they want without any nerfs on them. This needs to stop. Don't get way too dramatic just because someone has a different opinion then yours. And keep your capslocks to yourself.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

Level
    Achievements:
    This idea is not about changing his fire rate though. He still be dealing damage over the same time. But once he lands his long range shots, he will deal more damage. I didn't say he does full damage on long range. I said keep him as mid range champion. I don't main one type of class in the game. I share my idea based on different gameplays. Like I said, I don't like it when anyone kills with two shots. And I also said before, that they should nerf fusillade to 25% from 35% and you disaggree with that one also. You just want to swipe dead everyone you want in the game and that's why you don't want any nerfs on him or on his talents, it's obvi. you just get butthurted because some people wants to nerf your favorite. Even before OB70, the only time he had low winrate was on OB66. Don't try to take pity on Drogoz as if he was trash before. Maybe you are not as good as you think. You only like to disaggree and talk shit with your fresh salt from salt mines lol Have better idea on balancing, do share please. I can't even understand why you think damage scale from 700-1000 is bad. A fucking tree throws axe and you're fine with it but you don't like it on your retarted lizard because Drogoz fires rockets? Wooow nice logic, I almost forgot it's a freaking fantasy based game. Everyone crys out "DrOgOz iS a HiGH rISK HIGh REwaRd CHAMp" then keep him that way. This community is filled with Andro, Drogoz, Sniper, Cassie mains who want buffs on only their favorites to kill anyone they want without any nerfs on them. This needs to stop. Don't get way too dramatic just because someone has a different opinion then yours. And keep your capslocks to yourself.
    I just always feel like argueing against people. Drogoz is really good now tbh.

I had a post before the Drogoz buff asking for the same fusillade nerf.

I had a Drogoz main yelling at me that Drogoz was super bad. I tried to convince him that Drogoz was good. You're actually using kind of the arguments I've used back then.

So let's be honest now: Drogoz wasn't bad. Before the buff he was still kinda viable if you know how to play him and have good positioning.
    Yes, I like Drogoz. But I don't enjoy OP champions since winning without skill is boring. That's why I'm not enjoying to play fusillade drogoz anymore. W.Y.R.M Jets and Combustible are just much more fun.
    Yes, Fusillade might actually need a nerf to 25%. But I'm pretty sure that combustible and wyrm jets will be better then. Drogoz has a weak base kit with strong legendaries which allows him tons of customization regarding his playstile.
    Also Drogoz doesn't really need those 50 HP for casual matches. They're rather needed in highly competitive scenes where people don't have potato aim.

But that damage scaling thing... that's now you being really biased here. Touching a champion's primary fire always has huge impact. It will make drogoz pretty helpless to flanks and much less consisten in dealing damage. You'll either be close to an enemy and put out only low but consistent damage, or you'll be far away and pray that someone doesn't dodge your rocket good enough.

Consistency is an essential part of the game. This change will take it away from Drogoz. He's just making a comeback into the competitive scene. Don't delete him again now.
    Actually there is one thing drogoz excels in: High burst dps in short to mid range.

You're complaining about the fact that a champion is strong where it's supposed to be strong.

That's like saying: "Evie has just waaaaaay to much mobility" or "Terminus deals too much damage in close range" or "Inara is too good at standing on the point" or "Torvald's ult is too good for knocking people off the map."

Every champion has his moment to shine. For Drogoz it's that short to mid ranged burst dps.
    But every champion needs his weakness. That's high mobility flanks (mainly the ones that have vertical mobility, aka Evie andro maeve) and any kind of long ranged DD(nessa strix cassie sha lian etc.).

Nerf fusillade and Drogoz will be fine (I guess?).
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Level
    Achievements:
    Okay @Sarenzed I get it. You clearly have a lot of time with Drogoz so it's not like I don't trust your opinions, I just hate when people ignore the things I say about the game. The only reason I proposed scaling damage was because of fusillade. WYRM Jets is in my opinion is a better choice so he can have more and faster mobility. When he gets close to my face with WYRM talent and deals enough damage to kill me, I don't get angry. I just blame myself for not seeing him sooner. But once he deals increased damage in close range with fusillade, I get incredibly angry because his projectile buff made it really easy for him to deal direct damage. I didn't ask for a nerf on his base kit because this talent is OP, I asked a change on his base kit because now it's really easy for him to deal direct damage which was the result of a buff to his base kit. I hope I made myself clearer. And all I want now is a balance on him. Let it be talent changes or something else, I don't know.

Level
    Achievements:
    Okay @Sarenzed I get it. You clearly have a lot of time with Drogoz so it's not like I don't trust your opinions, I just hate when people ignore the things I say about the game. The only reason I proposed scaling damage was because of fusillade. WYRM Jets is in my opinion is a better choice so he can have more and faster mobility. When he gets close to my face with WYRM talent and deals enough damage to kill me, I don't get angry. I just blame myself for not seeing him sooner. But once he deals increased damage in close range with fusillade, I get incredibly angry because his projectile buff made it really easy for him to deal direct damage. I didn't ask for a nerf on his base kit because this talent is OP, I asked a change on his base kit because now it's really easy for him to deal direct damage which was the result of a buff to his base kit. I hope I made myself clearer. And all I want now is a balance on him. Let it be talent changes or something else, I don't know.
    Maybe rework fusillade to deal between 20% and maybe 40-50% bonus damage based on the range, so make damage scaling exclusive to fusillade?
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME