View Poll Results: Worthy Champion Concept?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Flawed

0 0%

Thread: The NECROMANCER (Support Champion Concept)

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

The NECROMANCER (Support Champion Concept)

NAME: KADAVAR
    RACE: SKELETON
    CLASS: SUPPORT
    PROFESSION: NECROMANCER
    TITLE: THE LIVING DEAD
    HEALTH POOL: 2200
    MOVE SPEED: Medium - High

This is just a quick sketch out of the idea.

Playstyle Features:
    A Main Support / choke point holder that fires large needle like bones with light tracking features, fired at semi auto rate of fire or channelled for a shotgun weapon, the Necromancer works staying in the sidelines, creating deployables that protect the team. He can defend his allies in a variety of ways. His keystone is summoning up a swirling mass of souls deployable somewhere backline safe from harm, the necromancer creates an infinite duration (until killed) passive healing zone that heals through walls, this well of souls combos with card loadouts and abilities. Aside from the having a passive heal he can charge up and cast a single target burst heal that scales in power the longer it's held, with a fairly short cooldown used for instantaneously gifting healing to an ally in a fire fight. Another tool is a channelled deployable Resource fuelled bone wall, this wall is similar to Inara's in the traits that it is hard terrain, blocks sight and shares similar height, aside from this it has less hp and less active deploy time but can be used quite frequently to shield allies, block corridors and cause some denial to impede a foes progress to you or your well of souls. Main ult ability is the power of resurrection, the ability to resurrect yourself or an ally should you perish. Playstyle shares elements to Inara, Grover's passive heal, Mal'dumba/Furia, Barik.

ABILITIES

LMB = NECROMANCER'S TOME
    "How does he read that book if he has no eyes."
    "Oh you don't want to read this little one... It could strike you blind."

- Conjure up a shard of sharpened bone above your opened tome, fires out a projectile that deals 260 direct hit damage and travels faster the longer it travels but with severe damage fall off of up to 120..
    - Semi auto, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger feel with a fire rate cap of to 0.3s between each shot.
    - However if you hold down the trigger to charge up your next shot you summon up multiple bone shards the longer the trigger is held, generating one and consuming 1 ammo every 0.2s.
    - (Pages of his book churn over as he fires and charges his attack.)
    - Projectiles have a soft tracking for hit security at medium to long range, however the projectiles themselves can be doges by strafing.
    - Can hit targets at Long Range, but does not have infinite range, they shatter eventually.

Magazine - 10
    Reload Time - 1.5s (Closes his tome, a ghostly light flashes from the pages, the eyes of the metal skull sigil flash out in a spectral hue, he reopens the tome at the beginning again.)

RMB = WARDING BONES
    "It's funny, when something so inanimate can be used to decree one's fate."

- Summon up a wall of bones at target location.
    - Hard terrain, blocks line of sight, full cover size.
    - Wall must be have line of sight of a location to summon.
    - Can be summoned from up to 50 units away.
    - Wall must be channelled and prohibits use of weapons and skills aside from Ult while active.
    - Wall does not need line of sight to continue active and channelled.
    - Wall will deactivate if the Necromancer Strays too far... 250 units away
    - Summoning wall uses 1.5/5th resource pool.
    - Channelling wall consumes 1/5 resource per sec.
    - The resource pool for Warding Bones regenerates at 1/5 per sec when not in use.
    - Wall has 2600 Hp and will consume 2/5ths of resource pool and lockout use of the ability for 5s when destroyed.

- CD - Has no cooldown as such, however a lockout of 4s is added after use.

Q (Burst Heal) = MENDING TOUCH
    "What kind of curative magic is this..."
    "Healing magic? I'm simply erasing my opinion how one deserves to perish. However sometimes folk deserve an appalling death to remind them that they can always do better."
    - Target 1 ally at any range within line of sight up to 120 Units.
    - Heal is instantaneous.
    - Ally is instantly restored for 650hp
    - If an ally is standing in your Spirit Nexus Healing Zone they receive an additional burst heal equal to 20% of their maximum Hp.
    - You may hold down the ability key to charge heal before releasing.
    - Charging the heal up, increases potency of heal by 100 every 0.2s up to 1.2s.

CD - 6

F (Aoe Heal) = SPIRIT NEXUS
    "Conjure up a swirling ball of energy somewhere safe, it radiates a healing aura and it enhances your powers as a Necromancer for each friendly creature in your influence."
    - Create a 1000 HP Deployabe.
    - After 1.6s the spirit nexus becomes active and creates a large healing aura that covers a large area travels through walls.
    - Healing Aura heals for 100 HP Per sec to you and each ally standing within.
    - Area of heal is comparable to a greatly extended Grover or Pip healing zone.
    - Nexus stays out of combat to give team healing in that sector of the map.
    - You heal for 20hp per sec for each Ally within the area of your Spirit Nexus.
    - Nexus can be built with cards to provide different bonuses to the necromancer for each ally in the healing zone.

CD - 15s
    (activates when destroyed)

E (Ult) = RESURRECTION
    "In defiance of death you can resurrect yourself or a fallen ally."
    - Resurrect yourself or target ally from the position died from.
    - After Casting, the target of Resurrection rises with 2s animation
    - Target returns with 80% of their max hp
    - Target gains 25% extra Movement speed and 50% additional Damage resistance for 4s
    - Has Fast Charge Rate.

Hostile ULT Sound: I'M NOT GONNA LET 'EM DIE LIKE THAT!
    Allied ULT Sound: DEATH'S NOT GONNA STOP US

LEGENDARY CARDS

FONT OF SUFFERING
    - Area of healing for Spirit Nexus is reduced by 15% but deals 60 damage per second to all foes within its area.
    - While standing in your Nexus healing area, you heal yourself for 20HP for each foe within your the area of your Nexus.

COVEN OF BONE
    - Increase the resource pool for Bone Ward by 30% (So previous 5/3.5s pool now 6.5/4s pool.
    - Restore 0.5/5 resource per sec for each Ally within your Nexus Aura
    So you are a wallmaker, make a wall that last for as long as needed. If two allies are in your nexus then your wall lasts forever, 3 or more allies and the wall will restore charge.

GIFT OF DEATH
    - Fully Charged Mending Touch Heal All allies within a 15ft radius of target.

I ARISE
    Ult charge rate increased by 15%, Resurrecting yourself only consumes 50% Ult Charge.

LOADOUT CARDS

ARMOR

Bone Mail
    Gain %2/%4/%6/%8/%10 Damage resistance for each ally within your Spirit Nexus.

Phylactery
    %4/%8/%12/%16/%20 of damage that would be dealt to you is dealt to your Spirit Nexus Instead

Death's Shadow
    Reduce the Duration of CC and slows by %8/%16/%24/%32/%40

Healthy Cartilage
    Increase movement speed by %5/%10/%15/%20/%25

WARDING BONES

Ivory Pact (Drink your Milk Kids)
    Increase the Health of Warding Bones by 150/300/450/600/750 HP

Deathly Waltz
    While Channelling Warding Bones you gain %5/%10/%15/%20/%25 Increased Movement speed.

Boneyard
    Getting an elimination restores 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% of Warding bones resource pool.

Essence Share
    Warding Bones heals itself for 50/100/150/200/250 hp per second for each ally in your Spirit Nexus.

MENDING TOUCH

Dance of the Dead
    Mending Touch gives you and your ally %3/%6/%9/%12/%15 Increased movement speed for 3s

Carved Runes
    Reduce the Cooldown of Mending Touch by 0.5s/1s/1.5s/2s/2.5s

Souldrinker
    Healing an ally with Mending Touch heals you for 80/160/240/320 Hp per sec for 2s

Harvest the Marrow
    Activating Mending touch restores 1/2/3/4/5 ammo.

SPIRIT NEXUS

Transfusion
    Standing near Spirit Nexus Deployable heals it for 100/200/300/400/500 Per Sec.

Land of the Dead
    Increase the Size of Spirit Nexus Healing field by %10/%20/%30/%40/%50

Spiritual Wellspring
    Reduce the cooldown of Spirit Nexus by 1.3s/2.6s/3.9s/5.2s/6.5s

Signs of Life
    Non stealth foes within 15ft/20ft/25ft/30ft/35ft of your Spirit Nexus are Revealed to you.

VOICE QUEUES

Match Start:
    "Remember everyone, fight till ya die..."

Match Won:
    "You can't end wars by killing..."

Match Lost:
    "Well, dying is a victory for me anyway."
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 12-10-2018 at 02:45 AM. Reason: AAGGHHH....I..... NEVER...... DIE....

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    noice ultimate
    high heal
    zero mobility if i understand all of skills and... he need high move speed btw
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Interesting. As a support he is more similar to both grohk and damba rather than grover

and a resource pool for an indirect CC skill is highly interesting too

However. Ultimate might just be too much
    100% health upon resurrection is a bit too much.

However it wont be too much if there is a channel time for the resurrection. Similar to terminus Ult, it has a channel time before terminus is fully resurrected.

So for example while the necromancer resurrects an ally, the necromancer cannot move or something for the 2 sec or something.

Otherwise, everything else is pretty great!
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara, Makoa, Barik
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip, Furia
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Willo
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Qualifying

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NaixSenpai View Post
    he need high move speed btw
    I don't expect this character to outrun a tyra with base move speed, so I'll say a medium/high speed would be ok for his base, however this Skelly has got quite a bit of movement buffs through card builds, Base increase cards, Healing an ally grants them both speed buff, Channelling the wall can grant a ton of move speed, All of these should give his lackluster ground mobility a helping hand.
    But honestly with his dps output with solid range, hit security, walls and self healing, this guy really does not need high mobility instead it is his key exploitable flaw. He is good at boxing himself in for ages, not getting out.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRick1996 View Post
    Interesting. As a support he is more similar to both grohk and damba rather than grover

and a resource pool for an indirect CC skill is highly interesting too

However. Ultimate might just be too much
    100% health upon resurrection is a bit too much.

However it wont be too much if there is a channel time for the resurrection. Similar to terminus Ult, it has a channel time before terminus is fully resurrected.

So for example while the necromancer resurrects an ally, the necromancer cannot move or something for the 2 sec or something.

Otherwise, everything else is pretty great!
    Considering how tough Leviathan makoa, fern and khan can be.... Yeah 100% Heal after dropping may be a tad brutal for a support to muster. If I drop it to %80, Skelly should have both the passive healing and burst healing to restore his target the rest of the way.

However I do not really want to have another channelling feature on a champion with a wall that constantly locks them out of ability as it is. I think making the necro channel to cast ult like a jenos style channelling animation would feel rather clunky for a single target resurrection. I prefer the idea that he can just resurrect a dead ally with a simple snap of his bony fingers, effortlessly. However I do see your point, instant resurrection was not how I intended that to sound. Basically Resurrection should target an ally, an animation plays over a quick duration, ending with the character coming back to life. Much similar to Terminus. So the animation is on the part of the target of the resurrection, not the caster of it. This way when an ally is being revived from death, you may also channel your wall to shield them from harm.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 05-05-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Pretty decent overall, but not without flaws. I really like the RMB and the interaction between the two healing abilities, and the resurrection Ultimate seems alright as well. You can definitely try and make things more interesting though, as many of the mechanics in the kit are already existent within Paladins and other video games. I like how you tried to make them more unique by giving them special mechanics, like a resource bar for the Q or the buffs from the Ultimate, and a way you can improve this champion further is to build on such mechanics. Maybe the Q can grand additional buffs to allies in the Spirit Nexus instead of just bonus health. Maybe another ability can have an effect that charges the resource bar of Q. Just random ideas.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like most of his abilities. I also made a necromancer concept call Yurein.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    He rises in the treads once more... with some edits..He lacked a supportive talent now he has one.... I can't find anything really wrong with Skelly atm...