Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paladins Forums eSports teams?

Beta Player Baronet Kaydude2010's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Paladins Forums eSports teams?

Note: This should not be moved to the eSports, because 1. its about people getting into eSports not eSports itself. and 2. Its also about the forums coordinating on something as a whole, and 3. if you cant tell legit nobody reads the eSports area, and hopefully this thread will make them interested in it.

I have been thinking for a while about their being Paladins Forums eSports teams. Their may be a post on this already, I don’t actually know. But I know I can’t be the first person who has posted on this. These are the questions that came up when I mentioned this on the discord so I will answer them, then hop into the idea.
    Why should their be eSports teams-

If you have never been on an eSports team then you have missed out on a lot. eSports are so fun, you don’t even have to be “a pro” to play in them. I have been in teams with my friends and a sub on a team in a gaming community and its great. Even if you never participate in a tournament, just running scrimmages on a coordinated team using different team compositions is more fun than any competitive or casual match can be. This is because your coordinated with your team and you can communicate like professional players.

But how would I find tournaments?-

tournaments are easier to find then you think. Of course your team isn’t going to the PPL (I mean it could if you get insanely good, but the chance is like .05%) but their are tons of tournaments online. If your team is just doing one tournament a month. Then you can put your time and energy into that. Best part is that unlike the PPL, most tournaments don’t have bans, so you can practice and use the same team composition without having to worry about your best champ being banned. [ I have also thought of the Paladins forums hosting a tournament with entry fees and winner takes all but that’s for a future post ]
    How would teams even come about?-

Well, most gaming communities have a division leader (or leaders) then the division leader is basically the manager of the team (or teams). All you need to start a team is a group a friends or players. Some way of communicating. Have scheduled practice/Scrimmage nights (or during the day). And have a person responsible for getting you and your team into a tournament.

Why should their be Paladins Forums teams if making a team is as easy as you say it is?-

Well, making a team isn’t the easiest but it’s not super hard as one would think. Getting together the people who are committed enough to join a team is quite hard, but I know that their are many people here on the forums and on the official Paladins Forums discord (which all of you should join cause it’s amazing and their will be a valentines chest giveaway at 400 members and we are 5-10 members away so join! #plug) that are committed enough to be on a team. Teams are fun and great to be on. And think if the forums had a team or 2 (per region so like 10 teams), the it would give people the chance to show off their skill and enjoy the amazing paladins eSports experience.

Now how it would work-

Leadership-

First of all, their would need to be 3 positions of leadership. An overall Leader of all of the divisions. Division leaders, and team leaders. The overall leader would be in charge of the Division leaders (and appointing them), Division leaders would decide how many teams their should be in their division, based on the amount of players willing to participate. Division leaders would also be in charge of getting their teams in tournaments.

Teams-

Teams need at least 7 active willing and competitive players. 5 main players and at least 2 subs, (just in case a starting player can't make it to the tournament) Teams can cycle different people out, and also can have a "Pro" (Tryhard and sweaty) team and a casual team (willing to participate, not pros, but still some decent people, and players. But for the most part one team with two subs is ideal.

Why have the forums help with this?-

I love paladins eSports. I didn't really until I was on Paladins and the PPL was on and it was streaming it. I also love being on teams and experiencing that teamwork. I want others to be able to experience that, but getting on a team can be quite tough. So I want the forums to help people get on teams and I want the eSports scene in paladins both to be for the Pros, and for the dedicated players of the game we love.

Where I would like to see this idea go-

Tbh, I don't know. If people like it, and want to see it happen great. If people shoot it down, well, I tried. I know coordinating this would be hard, but in the end it would be great for a lot of the community!

Sincerely for the first time this year I have made a post- KayDude2010
    Last edited by Kaydude2010; 04-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#800080"]Terminus is not just a champion, he is a Sauce God.
    He even drips his overflow of sauce on his victims, leaving purple sauce when he swings his Sauce saber.
    He also does not revive, he simply revels his true saucy form and its too much for the mortal champions to handle.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Hmm, I like the idea!
    I'm sure we've had talks about this before, but no one has actually tried to put it together. I remember Socratic and I were talking about getting a team into PGS (I think), but we never did follow through. I'm also sure that EppIZ tried to put together a forums team for playing some games with.
    I think that we can use the forums discord as a place to communicate :P , and I think Wallachia should be the big boss , as he is like the leader of the forums.
    Also, I'm sure that our Game Advisors on discord can help out team members
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Hmm, I like the idea!
    I'm sure we've had talks about this before, but no one has actually tried to put it together. I remember Socratic and I were talking about getting a team into PGS (I think), but we never did follow through. I'm also sure that EppIZ tried to put together a forums team for playing some games with.
    I think that we can use the forums discord as a place to communicate :P , and I think Wallachia should be the big boss , as he is like the leader of the forums.
    It would be according weather or not he and the game advisors would be willing to do it
    He even drips his overflow of sauce on his victims, leaving purple sauce when he swings his Sauce saber.
    He also does not revive, he simply revels his true saucy form and its too much for the mortal champions to handle.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points
    the mistakes and the font color dont allow me to read past the 2nd question but i believe there isn't enough skill coming from the usual forumers to make a team that doesn't end up in something better than frustrated players due to losses.

also the fact that if there's 2/3 people that are skilled enough they are already competing and know of places to find teams outside of forums

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieIV View Post
    the mistakes and the font color dont allow me to read past the 2nd question but i believe there isn't enough skill coming from the usual forumers to make a team that doesn't end up in something better than frustrated players due to losses.

also the fact that if there's 2/3 people that are skilled enough they are already competing and know of places to find teams outside of forums
    re-read it now Lian, hopefully you can see where I am coming from

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieIV View Post

Not speaking for myself but I'm pretty sure some 3.5k casuals lurk here and there, I for sure wouldnt want to face zversee in ranked playing pip in an organised team...

There are enough decent people I think, there are also many that cba to play "pro", I'd like to, but my mecanical skills are too lacking now that I'm an old fart.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    Not speaking for myself but I'm pretty sure some 3.5k casuals lurk here and there, I for sure wouldnt want to face zversee in ranked playing pip in an organised team...

There are enough decent people I think, there are also many that cba to play "pro", I'd like to, but my mecanical skills are too lacking now that I'm an old fart.
    If you consider yourself lacking then I don't know anyone that would be able to do this tbh. Your 100% a top active forums character that plays ingame, (and your extremely good ingame). Trust me, you would be capable

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaydude2010 View Post
    If you consider yourself lacking then I don't know anyone that would be able to do this tbh. Your 100% a top active forums character that plays ingame, (and your extremely good ingame). Trust me, you would be capable
    I'm noob ingame tbh ^^ well maybe not noob but definitly not carry material, I think my real level is high plat mid to low diamond, but wouldnt go much higher. I'd still enjoy some real teamplay from time to time tho, its as easy as joining discord and try to form a 5 tho

Having BuckSmurf (trying a little experiment when I stop to flex and trust my damagers / flankers to kill something in a 20 minutes game...) fun lately, but even when I go 8+ KDR I cant carry enough to win all my placements :/ Knowing I can rely on decent teamates would indeed bring some fresh air sometimes, not even asking to be carried, but at least knowing that when I leap out with a few HP I'll get some heal and / or that someone would rotate with me to cover my retreat / finish off the enemy that I couldnt chase.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaydude2010 View Post
    Note: This should not be moved to the eSports, because 1. its about people getting into eSports not eSports itself. and 2. Its also about the forums coordinating on something as a whole, and 3. if you cant tell legit nobody reads the eSports area, and hopefully this thread will make them interested in it.
    Talking about esports team -> Don't want the thread in esports section.

Yeah, not gonna fly. Moved to Esports.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Hmm, I like the idea!
    I once went to 2.7k elo, but after ob64 and forward I fell back to 2.2k elo. I am better as the PR of the team or the babysitter of you children. I lack all skills needed to be on an esports team, unless someone really good would be willing to train me hardcore.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!