Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talent ideas

Beta Player Grand Prince aexis2341's Avatar
    Alyssa is my country, Cassie my city and Furia my street
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Overdrive Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3

Talent ideas

Yeah, another one of these threads. Anyway, hello I've come with these ideas (some of them based on other threads tho) for a new Talent for each champion. If you don't like the idea or if you would change the anything just comment below! That being said, let us commence.

Front Line
    - Ash: Assert Dominance grants you and nearby teammates CC immunity and nearby teammates take 20% less damage for its duration.
    or
    Kinetic Burst's AoE is increased by 40% and has its knockback increased by 30% but deals 20% less damage.
    - Barik: Rocket Boots has 2 charges and the cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    or
    You and any ally inside Dome Shield gain 15% damage reduction and your ultimate charges 15% faster.
    This effect lasts for 1.5 seconds and refreshes while you stay in the dome.
    - Fernando: You can't be brought below 2000 health when Immortal is active and it charges 15% faster.
    - Inara: You gain CC immunity and 50% damage reduction while you channel Seismic Crash and enemies hit with it are slowed for 30% for 3 seconds after the stun ends.
    - Khan: Bulwark is 30% bigger and has 500 more health.
    - Makoa: Shell Spin deals 150 more damage and slows enemies by 25% for 3 seconds.
    - Ruckus: Emitter grants nearby teammates a shield with 750 health.
    The shield is given to allies within 75 units, but it isn't given if there's anything on the way (it isn't affected by enemy champions or some of their deployables).
    - Terminus: Hitting an enemy with Calamity Blast recharges a 5% of Power Siphon's charge.
    - Torvald: Hyper Beam ignores CC reduction but charges 15% slower.

Damage
    - Bomb King: Poppy Bomb has 30% more knockback.
    - Cassie: Scout also grants you 10% faster fire speed and it charges 15% faster.
    - Drogoz: Dragon Punch explodes dealing 650 damage around the enemy hit applying a knockback.
    The AoE of the damage is 45 units and the damage is reduced by Blast Shield.
    The knockback applied is affected by the distance to the enemy. The maximum knockback is 800 and the minimum is 250.
    - Kinessa: You can now hold and deploy 3 Oppresor Mines and they deal 10 more damage each second and slow enemies for 15%.
    - Lian: Presence pierces through shields and has its cooldown reduced by 3 seconds.
    By "pierces" I mean that it damages shields but instead of stopping there it goes through it dealing damage to anyone behind it.
    - Sha Lin: Heat Haze mirages now explode after dissapearing dealing 200 damage.
    The explosion radius is 10 and the explosions deal maximum damage at any distance.
    - Strix: Flashbang slows enemies by 10% and the effects last up to 1 second longer. The ultimate charge is increased by 15%.
    The duration increase depends on the distance to the Flashbang, like the normal Flashbang.
    - Tyra: Crossfire now grants you CC immunity and charges 15% faster.
    - Viktor: Barrage can be used without 100% ultimate charge but the damage is proportional to it.
    The minimum charge needed to activate it is 25%.
    For example, the damage of each shell when Barrage has 50% ultimate charge will deal 700 damage instead of 1400.
    Cancelling Barrage early will refund a 20% of the ultimate charge used when activating it for each shell that hasn't been used. If you activate Barrage at 50% ultimate charge, every shell that hasn't been used will refund a 10% of the ultimate charge.
    - Vivian: You summon only 1 Sentinel at a time and it only uses 50% of the charge. Ultimate charge is decreased by 10%.
    - Willo: Flutter has its fly distance increased by 20% and leaves a dust cloud that heals teammates for 250 health.
    The healing effect can only affect each teammate once.

Support
    - Grohk: Tempest's lightnings heal for 100 more and any ally hit gains CC immunity for 2 seconds.
    This effect refreshes after each hit.
    - Grover: Vine's range is increased by 100%. If you hit an enemy with it they take 200 damage and if you hit an ally with it you heal them for 300.
    - Jenos: You gain damage immunity during Through Time and Space and it charges 15% faster.
    - Mal'Damba: Slither heals you and nearby teammates for 300 and has its cooldown reduced by 1 second.
    The healing effect affects allies withing 30 units from where you stop.
    - Pip: Evil Mojo lasts 1 second longer, enemies hit with it take 20% more damage from your attacks and it charges 15% faster.
    - Seris: Convergence now stuns for 1.7 seconds and any enemy affected by it takes 20% more damage for 4 seconds.
    - Ying: Dimensional Link creates a small cloud on your position before each teleport that heals allies and Illusions for 300 each second and its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    This cloud lasts for 3 seconds.
    or
    Illusory Rift heals for 100 more every second and grants you and your teammates 50% CC reduction and 20% damage reducion for its duration.

Flank
    - Androxus: Nether Step comes in 3 charges with a 3 seconds cooldown each and you travel 20% farther.
    Anything that reduces the cooldown of Nether Step except for Chronos reduces the cooldown of the dashes in order. If you have used all the dashes and gain 4 seconds of cooldown reduction you will get 1 dash and the last second will reduce the cooldown of the 2nd one.
    - Buck: You gain CC immunity during Buck Wild and all your skills gain 25% cooldown reduction for its duration.
    - Evie: You gain a frozen armor with 300 health after leaving Ice Block, nearby enemies are slowed by 15% and its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    The shield lasts for 5 seconds or until it's destroyed.
    The slow lasts for 3 seconds and refreshes while Ice Block is active.
    - Lex: A 50% of the credits gained with Retribution is given to nearby allies and its cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds.
    This affects allies within 65 units.
    If there's more than 1 ally, the total credits given to each is a 75%. If you would have got 60 from the kill, you will only gain 30 and the other 30 will be given to the ally. If there's more than one ally you will still gain 30 and the allies will get 22.5.
    - Maeve: Midnight slows enemies for 15% and lasts 1 second longer.
    - Moji: Magic Barrier deflects all incoming attacks from the front but its cooldown is increased by 4 seconds.
    Magic Marks aren't applied if the attack is deflected, even if it doesn't hit anyone.
    The attack will be deflected where the Crosshair is.
    - Skye: Hidden now uses a stealh bar, grants you 25% faster movement speed during it and decreases the distance at which enemies can see you by 20%.
    Every 1 second of cooldown reduction from cards increases the cloak recharge speed by 10%.
    Every 0.5 seconds of "Cloak" increases the stealth bar by 7%.
    The stealth lasts 7.5 seconds when fully charged and recharges a 10% every second when out of stealth.
    The cooldown reduction is applied to the original value so a 1 second cooldown increases the recharge speed to 11% every second.
    The increased stealth duration doesn't increase the time it takes to fully recharge the stealth bar.
    Any use of Hidden when the stealth bar isn't fully charged consumes a 10% of the current stealth. If you are at 50% it will consume a 5%. Also, there's a delay of 2 seconds after between cloak and decloak.
    What I mean with "decreases the distance" is that if for example enemies can see you at 100 units with this talent the distance will be 80 units.
    - Talus: True Power deals 150 more damage and stuns the enemy for 1 second.
    The stun is applied after the knockback.
    - Zhin: Whirl burns any enemy hit dealing 360 damage over 3 seconds.
    You can only burn each enemy once.

Edit 1 (incoming changes):
    - The following champions' Talents might get reworked: Sha Lin, Viktor, Mal'Damba, Vivian, Pip, Willo, Cassie, Barik's Rocket Boots.
    - Kinessa's Opressor Mines' slow will stack up to a total of 45% if affected by 3.
    - The following champions' Talents will receive buffs: Maeve, Ruckus, Bomb King, Ying.
    - The following champions' Talents will be moved into other Talents or main kit: Evie, Buck.
    Last edited by aexis2341; 04-22-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    Main goal in Paladins: Get every skin for Cassie
    I'm a simple man, if I see a redhead I'm happy.
    Senpai has noticed me
    Someone knows which is the best spray
    Best girl according to me
    Cassie approved my post number 2341

Fun fact: Cassie came out on my bday so she's a present technically speaking

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive
    I read barik and i had to reply, i'll read the rest after

Rocket boots cooldown if 15 -3 =12 -5 with card makes 7 cronos 2 makes 5.5 / 2 for the second charge makes 2,8 add the 1500 shield with the card after every dash. you get my point

Terminus and TOrvalds seem interesting
    Ruku's could be usefull but not as usefukl as his other tanlends
    the rest FL talends seem underpowered

BK has cards that do that
    Cassie make her uld more selfish, i do not like it
    Drogoz ok since he can ult 1nce per minute i would never use it though
    Kinessa underwelming exept if the slow stucks
    Lian, interesting
    Shalin OP
    Strix fuck strix
    Tyra maybe
    Viktor OP af
    Vivian boring
    Willo basicly toot

Grohk where does this fit though, you give up to much for too little
    Grover Blossom is still a lot more viable
    Jenos you can already can hide when you use it, i have never been killed while ulting as jenos
    Damba doen;t really need more healing, if the coold down was more than 1 second maybe
    Pip fuck evil mojo, it is already OP enough
    Seris interesting
    Ying less usefull than other options

Androxus i cannot fully uinderstand
    Buck you can add this to his already existing talend to make it viable
    Evie add this efffect to reprieve cause nether this nor reprieve is viable on it's own
    Lex interesting
    Maeve 15% is not worth it
    Moji will work only vs noobs though reflecting trough time and spcace or enlighment seem dope
    Skye i do not know it might make her OP
    Talus is cancer
    Zhin this cancer doen;t need an other damage boost

My evie talend idea that i had some time ago but i forgot it and you reminded it me now:
    Ice block turnes to ice armor
    lasts 4 seconds and grand evie an armor of ice that slows her and nearby enemies for 20% also evie gets 75% damage redaction and is immune to all CC effects like caut
    If you think this is op remember that she just gave up wormhole
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 04-22-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Overdrive Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    I read barik and i had to reply, i'll read the rest after

Rocket boots cooldown if 15 -3 =12 -5 with card makes 7 cronos 2 makes 5.5 / 2 for the second charge makes 2,8 add the 1500 shield with the card after every dash. you get my point
    I see, I wanted to make a Talent for that ability but I couldn't come with one.

Ruku's could be usefull but not as usefukl as his other tanlends
    the rest FL talends seem underpowered

BK has cards that do that
    Cassie make her uld more selfish, i do not like it
    Kinessa underwelming exept if the slow stucks
    Shalin OP
    Strix fuck strix
    Viktor OP af
    Vivian boring
    Willo basicly toot
    About Bomb King, yeah I forgot about that card but as you might have guessed, I wanted to make Talents for the other abilities that didn't have one.
    Same goes for Cassie, but some time ago I had an idea about one but I've forgot it.
    On Kinessa's one, what do you mean with if the slow stacks?
    For Sha Lin I guess I'll rework it.
    And looking at Viktor's, do you like the idea or would you rework the whole Talent?
    For Vivian, I couldn't even come with any other.
    For Willo, as some of these other champions, I wanted to make a Talent for the last ability.

Grohk where does this fit though, you give up to much for too little
    Grover Blossom is still a lot more viable
    Jenos you can already can hide when you use it, i have never been killed while ulting as jenos
    Damba doen;t really need more healing, if the coold down was more than 1 second maybe
    Pip fuck evil mojo, it is already OP enough
    Ying less usefull than other options
    Grover's Talent is there not to be more viable than the others but to give him a different gamestyle.
    Being honest, I don't like Jenos' that much either, so maybe giving him a Talent for Stellar Wind instead would be better.
    For Mal'Damba same as other champions.
    In fact, I wanted to make one for Weightless for Pip but I didn't know how.
    Which one do you prefer for Ying?

Androxus i cannot fully uinderstand
    Buck you can add this to his already existing talend to make it viable
    Evie add this efffect to reprieve cause nether this nor reprieve is viable on it's own
    Maeve 15% is not worth it
    Moji will work only vs noobs though reflecting trough time and spcace or enlighment seem dope
    Skye i do not know it might make her OP
    Talus is cancer
    Zhin this cancer doen;t need an other damage boost
    Androxus's Nether Step has 3 dashes before it goes on cooldown. My idea for this Talent is to separate the dashes into 3 different ones, giving each their own cooldown (like Ruckus' Advance). Considering that the ability has a 10 seconds cooldown I've decided to make each dash have a 3 seconds cooldown (although probably increasing them to 4 is a better idea).
    And for the cooldown part, as each dash would have only a 3 second cooldown it would mean that using a card that gives more than 3 second CD reduction would be useless so the idea is that any second that isn't used on the dash on CD is used on the next one.
    As an example, Abyssal Touch reduces the cooldown of Nether Step by {2|2} seconds, which means that with this Talent a level 2+ would give a full dash and some seconds remaining, so with this idea a let's say level 3 Abyssal Touch Androxus would get 6 seconds of CD reducion, so the 1st dash CD would be complete and the last 3 seconds would go to the 2nd one (which in this case would be also reduced).
    Buck's is actually based on his old ultimate which iirc reseted the cooldown of his abilities.
    I'll probably move the current stats of Evie's to the Ice Block one we have.
    I'll buff Maeve's, not sure how tho.
    Last edited by aexis2341; 04-22-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    Senpai has noticed me

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive
    I haden;t noticewd the 2nd option on ying. It looks viable but i generaly am not a fun of taleds that boosts ultimates. Ilike my talents to be more consistant

Androxus used to have what you suggests and they removed it when they nerfed mobility

Kinessa i mean if the slow from mines stack and can slow someone up to 45% if all 3 mines slow him. 15% is to liitle slow though

About viktor i think the whole thing is too op

About vivian i though of something. For every 100 damage absorved by the shield her shield cooldown reducies by an ammount

Level
    Achievements:
    I haden;t noticewd the 2nd option on ying. It looks viable but i generaly am not a fun of taleds that boosts ultimates. Ilike my talents to be more consistant

Androxus used to have what you suggests and they removed it when they nerfed mobility

Kinessa i mean if the slow from mines stack and can slow someone up to 45% if all 3 mines slow him. 15% is to liitle slow though

About viktor i think the whole thing is too op

About vivian i though of something. For every 100 damage absorved by the shield her shield cooldown reducies by an ammount
    For Kinessa instead of having all reduce the same speed if they are stacking an option would be that the 1st one reduces a 15% and the other slow less so that you don't slow them for a 45%, which would be alot. Maybe 15%, the second one 12% and the 3rd one 9% which adds to a total of 36%.

And as of Vivian's Talent, in my opinion it would fit more as a normal card than as a Talent although a Deflector Shield Talent would be good.
    Last edited by aexis2341; 04-22-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    Senpai has noticed me

Level
    Achievements:
    45% is not a lot, pips exposive flask slows for 60% and needs no setup and no skill to land

Level
    Achievements:
    45% is not a lot, pips exposive flask slows for 60% and needs no setup and no skill to land
    It slows by 50%, just checked the gamepedia to make sure as I thought it slowed by less. Gotta give it the 45% slow it deserves then.
    Senpai has noticed me

Beta Player Count Evanstanislass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I consider the Vivian's talent is a nerf.
    I make Champion Concept. All of my champion concepts are in HERE

Add me Evanstanislass on PS4

My Youtube Channel can be found in here

Need help?

My Current Discussion:
    Best Time to play Paladins?
    Cross play in Paladins
    About Necro

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanstanislass View Post
    I consider the Vivian's talent is a nerf.
    I'll make a Talent for her shield.

I completely forgot about this
    Senpai has noticed me

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Sheklon's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    - Ash: Assert Dominance grants you and nearby teammates CC immunity and nearby teammates take 20% less damage for its duration.
    or
    Kinetic Burst's AoE is increased by 40% and has its knockback increased by 30% but deals 20% less damage.
    I'm not really fond of ultimate based Talents. The second option is ok, but the damage nerf is not needed as Kinetic Burst already deals negligible damage.

- Barik: Rocket Boots has 2 charges and the cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    Hmm, maybe that would be too good with the card that gives you shield when activating Rocket Boots.

- Fernando: You can't be brought below 2000 health when Immortal is active and it charges 15% faster.
    What? That's it? A 500 health increase in the default effect and a little faster charge rate? I don't see how this would be a good pick.

- Inara: You gain CC immunity and 50% damage reduction while you channel Seismic Crash and enemies hit with it are slowed for 30% for 3 seconds after the stun ends.
    Like I said, I don't like ultimate based Talents, also Inara is already CC immune (and gravity immune too just like Jenos) during her ult, plus this legendary would be so easily countered by Resilience that it makes it an unworthy pick.

- Khan: Bulwark is 30% bigger and has 500 more health.
    It's a good Talent but Firing Line will always be meta as long as it has CC immunity in it.

- Makoa: Shell Spin deals 150 more damage and slows enemies by 25% for 3 seconds.
    Lol, not a viable pick, but it would be fun. Maybe it could be better if the damage stacked additively based on how many enemies you have hit (like Fernando's Scorch Talent).

- Ruckus: Emitter grants nearby teammates a shield with 750 health.
    The shield is given to allies within 75 units, but it isn't given if there's anything on the way (it isn't affected by enemy champions or some of their deployables).
    Well... It isn't a bad idea, but other Talents would probably be picked more often.

- Terminus: Hitting an enemy with Calamity Blast recharges a 5% of Power Siphon's charge.
    That shit would be unfun to play against.

- Torvald: Hyper Beam ignores CC reduction but charges 15% slower.
    OP and ultimate based.

- Bomb King: Poppy Bomb has 30% more knockback.
    k

- Kinessa: You can now hold and deploy 3 Oppresor Mines and they deal 10 more damage each second and slow enemies for 15%.
    This is cool.

- Lian: Presence pierces through shields and has its cooldown reduced by 3 seconds.
    By "pierces" I mean that it damages shields but instead of stopping there it goes through it dealing damage to anyone behind it.
    Nice too.

- Sha Lin: Heat Haze mirages now explode after dissapearing dealing 200 damage.
    The explosion radius is 10 and the explosions deal maximum damage at any distance.
    Sha Lin doesn't leave mirages anymore and, although this might be a cool idea, it's not a worthy pick.

- Strix: Flashbang slows enemies by 10% and the effects last up to 1 second longer. The ultimate charge is increased by 15%.
    The duration increase depends on the distance to the Flashbang, like the normal Flashbang.
    Hell no.

- Viktor: Barrage can be used without 100% ultimate charge but the damage is proportional to it.
    The minimum charge needed to activate it is 25%.
    For example, the damage of each shell when Barrage has 50% ultimate charge will deal 700 damage instead of 1400.
    Cancelling Barrage early will refund a 20% of the ultimate charge used when activating it for each shell that hasn't been used. If you activate Barrage at 50% ultimate charge, every shell that hasn't been used will refund a 10% of the ultimate charge.
    Too complex, it would probably be OP as well.

- Vivian: You summon only 1 Sentinel at a time and it only uses 50% of the charge. Ultimate charge is decreased by 10%.
    Hell no².

- Willo: Flutter has its fly distance increased by 20% and leaves a dust cloud that heals teammates for 250 health.
    The healing effect can only affect each teammate once.
    Support willo new meta.

- Grover: Vine's range is increased by 100%. If you hit an enemy with it they take 200 damage and if you hit an ally with it you heal them for 300.
    Cool, but Efflorescence is still meta.

- Mal'Damba: Slither heals you and nearby teammates for 300 and has its cooldown reduced by 1 second.
    The healing effect affects allies withing 30 units from where you stop.
    Same, it's a nice idea but it wouldn't be picked.

- Pip: Evil Mojo lasts 1 second longer, enemies hit with it take 20% more damage from your attacks and it charges 15% faster.
    Hell no³.

- Seris: Convergence now stuns for 1.7 seconds and any enemy affected by it takes 20% more damage for 4 seconds.
    It's too strong considered alone but at the same time it doesn't make her a better healer and it's ultimate based so it would never be picked.

- Ying: Dimensional Link creates a small cloud on your position before each teleport that heals allies and Illusions for 300 each second and its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    This cloud lasts for 3 seconds.
    It's good, but not good enough.

Illusory Rift heals for 100 more every second and grants you and your teammates 50% CC reduction and 20% damage reducion for its duration.
    Now this is a ultimate based Talent that would be picked because of how fast Ying can charge her ultimate. Still isn't good though, that would actually be OP.

- Androxus: Nether Step comes in 3 charges with a 3 seconds cooldown each and you travel 20% farther.
    No. Get over Dark Stalker, it's never coming back.

- Evie: You gain a frozen armor with 300 health after leaving Ice Block, nearby enemies are slowed by 15% and its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
    The shield lasts for 5 seconds or until it's destroyed.
    The slow lasts for 3 seconds and refreshes while Ice Block is active.
    That's nice, but not a worthy pick.

- Lex: A 50% of the credits gained with Retribution is given to nearby allies and its cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds.
    This affects allies within 65 units.
    If there's more than 1 ally, the total credits given to each is a 75%. If you would have got 60 from the kill, you will only gain 30 and the other 30 will be given to the ally. If there's more than one ally you will still gain 30 and the allies will get 22.5.
    Sounds broken.

- Moji: Magic Barrier deflects all incoming attacks from the front but its cooldown is increased by 4 seconds.
    Magic Marks aren't applied if the attack is deflected, even if it doesn't hit anyone.
    The attack will be deflected where the Crosshair is.
    Interesting, but it's holds basically the same place as Zhin's Retaliation (not picked often). Her other Talents would be better most of the times.

- Skye: Hidden now uses a stealh bar, grants you 25% faster movement speed during it and decreases the distance at which enemies can see you by 20%.
    That's my dream.

- Zhin: Whirl burns any enemy hit dealing 360 damage over 3 seconds.
    You can only burn each enemy once.
    It has some DoT and AoE potential, but for it to be picked first we would have to remove/rework Yomi.
    Last edited by Sheklon; 05-24-2018 at 12:05 PM.