Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking Phase v2.0

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Picking Phase v2.0

So~ we have some problem about somebody pick damage Grover or ying and don't say "I'm damage" and a lot more problems like pick 2 weak frontlines ruckus + Torvald in same time and mistake in last pick etc. so I suggest some changes that will fix some problems with game. and this will improve the game

We can talk with the team in picking phase and choice the best picks and moves but some ppl are afk. don't care. don't read or even don't know what we are talking about and don't know English. so I think to add some utilities from text like "No support" warning into Image and shape will be better.

Suggestion notes :
    Make casual pick phase just like ranked without banning and make a ranked pick like this:
    why this? -well, casual should be better I rly dislike how ez everybody picks a random thing and then see their picks are totally a counter of our pick.

Role Wheel : the first action in picking phase when we are going to the picking champions a Wheel will spawn on the screen that has None, Flank, Frontline, Support, Damage. options to pick. after picking one option the player frame will cover with that option s/he just pick, this will notice team this player want play flank for example.

Why this?
    players always in chat say "pref flank. support damage etc."
    so this will notice teammates who want play who.

image of role wheel :

I know its pretty bad something like this more better yeah.

after picking an option a class icon will show on the player frame.

Prefer champion: after picking an option from role wheel players can pick a champion (not lock only pick) the champion icon will show on their frame and this will notice a team that this player Want to play this champion. we already have that. when is their round to pick but I want this be in first so everybody will notice who want plays who and what class?

here it's me who pick role wheel and prefer evie. to show my team im evie players and I will play flank if evie wasnt banned or they took her

old screenshots are useful lol.

Why this? we already have role wheel so everybody knows we will play flank or more and more
    the role wheel show what kind of class we will play the prefer champion will show what champion we will play. as you can see we have Damage pip damage ying damage Grover damage grohk the flank cassie or Viktor etc. so how are we gonna show team that we won't play? with picking damage class from role wheel. and prefer Grover to show I WILL PLAY DAMAGE GROVER.

like this :

I still know we can say I will play Grover damage in chat but like I said many ppl won't know that and won't pick support or don't understand English or even don't look at the chat or say I will play Grover in Russian this one is cooler

Change the baning and picking system turn :
    from this
    Ban, Ban, Pick, Pick, Pick, Pick, Pick into Ban, Pick, Pick, Ban, Pick, Pick, Pick.

why this? well some ways ppl abuse the double ban like ban evie and Maeve in timber mill and pick kinnesa all other flanks cant reach her and kill her like andro or talus or zhin and kinnesa can reach places that I too impossible for zhin and lex etc, or ban mal'damba and seris and pick ying the enemy need pick jenos one of flank able supports with useless ult.

and some ppl just combo picking like they take series so you will understand they want combo ult with area ulter like evie skye bk etc so you will ban them in the second ban and prevent the enemy combo or Inara + ruckus and many many combos picks in the game. if the second ban is after the second pick then the gameplay will change and it's more strategy in my opinion at least.

Ban Vote :

vote for the ban, after role wheel and prefer champion, all 5 players can vote for banning one champion if a champion gets 2 votes for a ban or more the frame icon will shine red this will help captain to choose better and all players be a part of banning pick.

here zhin and got 3 ban spree every body hate zhin ban him

ah and don't forget players always can change their Role wheel pick champion to prefer and vote ban. until game start. the only thing they cant change is ban pick for a captain and pick the lock.

Extra Value : (can possible purchase-able for battle pass players or founders pack owners well I dunno this is extra but useful stuff for picking but not rly necessary)

Something on the left down shows these.

"Total team pick DPS" show every pick DPS, like a team already pick evie (850 dps), pip (600 dps), will (625 dps) the value will be 1275 (every pick Damage per second)
    "Total team pick HPS" just like DPS this show all picks Heal per second
    "Total team Pick Health" every body health (team just pick evie and ruckus and Torvald in the same team with these value we can notice our champions pick are pretty weak we need more HPS or more health and things)
    "Missing Class" show a class that anybody didn't prefer or picked
    "Team pick tier" this one will show the average tier of every champion we pick from C to SS and the source idk maybe the official tier list in a guru?

I still think extra value part is pretty unnecessary except other parts but it's on you guys to judge is this idea good or not.

Better Music : even more useless change than extra value but srsly the more strategic cool music increase game quality
    for an example think we have song like this in paladins picking phase v2.0.1
    https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ero_select.mp3

the music link say whats the source

Be able to Copy&Paste in chat (Valkure suggestion)
    u know what ever we do, we can not forget about power of words and chat system its pretty unlimit system we can say what we want be able to copy paste in picking phase would be alot easier like we copy paste something like this
    "hello im sup main and i cant play tanks" than type it
    Last edited by NaixSenpai; 04-20-2018 at 12:10 AM.
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Make casual pick phase just like ranked without banning and make a ranked pick like this:
    why this? -well, casual should be better I rly dislike how ez everybody picks a random thing and then see their picks are totally a counter of our pick.
    casual should be easily accessible. if i want to play casual, i don't have to wait until everybody picks their champion just to play.
    "Total team pick DPS" show every pick DPS, like a team already pick evie (850 dps), pip (600 dps), will (625 dps) the value will be 1275 (every pick Damage per second)
    "Total team Pick Health" every body health (team just pick evie and ruckus and Torvald in the same team with these value we can notice our champions pick are pretty weak we need more HPS or more health and things)
    "Team pick tier" this one will show the average tier of every champion we pick from C to SS and the source idk maybe the official tier list in a guru?
    what good will this do? noobs will just think stacking the highest amount of dps champions will get them a free win, which is not the case.

other than that, i really like your ideas

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by togezard View Post
    casual should be easily accessible. if i want to play casual, i don't have to wait until everybody picks their champion just to play.
    what good will this do? noobs will just think stacking the highest amount of dps champions will get them a free win, which is not the case.

other than that, i really like your ideas
    well i was except negative on extra value i just keep it as idea so lets see what others think

edit : well you say we should not have a thing in game cuz noobs will use it wrong ? this can be a reason
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I simply love your ban vote idea. And also the fact we need to know if some idiot decide to go full dmg with Seris as only healer in the team (see rant thread for that).

+++++
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Level
    Achievements:
    im start thinking captain can vote for a ban too what will happen if 2 champions got 2 ban vote? captain need pick one of them this vote for the ban should make her/his job easier
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Forum Moderator Grand Prince aexis2341's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Overdrive Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    I don't like this idea at all, remember that it's still casual.

Role Wheel : the first action in picking phase when we are going to the picking champions a Wheel will spawn on the screen that has None, Flank, Frontline, Support, Damage. options to pick. after picking one option the player frame will cover with that option s/he just pick, this will notice team this player want play flank for example.
    On the other hand, I really like this idea. It would make it much easier to know what role someone is going to do without having to write it in the chat (which might even bug).

Change the baning and picking system turn :
    from this
    Ban, Ban, Pick, Pick, Pick, Pick into Ban, Pick, Pick, Ban, Pick, Pick,.

why this? well some ways ppl abuse the double ban like ban evie and Maeve in timber mill and pick kinnesa all other flanks cant reach her and kill her like andro or talus or zhin and kinnesa can reach places that I too impossible for zhin and lex etc, or ban mal'damba and seris and pick ying the enemy need pick jenos one of flank able supports with useless ult.

and some ppl just combo picking like they take series so you will understand they want combo ult with area ulter like evie skye bk etc so you will ban them in the second ban and prevent the enemy combo or Inara + ruckus and many many combos picks in the game. if the second ban is after the second pick then the gameplay will change and it's more strategy in my opinion at least.
    This is also a really good change.

Ban Vote :

vote for the ban, after role wheel and prefer champion, 4 players beside captain can vote for banning one champion if a champion gets 2 votes for a ban or more the frame icon will shine red this will help captain to choose better and all players be a part of banning pick.

here zhin and got 3 ban spree every body hate zhin ban him

ah and don't forget players always can change their Role wheel pick champion to prefer and vote ban. until game start. the only thing they cant change is ban pick for a captain and pick the lock.
    This would really help to let your team know which champions you want to ban which as the Role Wheel part can reduce time when it comes to communication.

Extra Value : (can possible purchase-able for battle pass players or founders pack owners well I dunno this is extra but usefull stuff for picking but not rly necessary)

Something on the left down shows these.

"Missing Class" show a class that anybody didn't prefer or picked
    Other than Missing Class I don't really see an use for these ones.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.
    Need help regarding the game? You can submit a Support Ticket.

Main goal in Paladins: Get every skin for Cassie

Level
    Achievements:
    maybe more extra value. to make it more usefull. i think tier avg is good idea.

and yup i think i need change this.

Picking phase v2.0.1
    Capitan can vote for ban.
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points
    I was thinking something like this.

At least just to set an icon on the right side of your name to tell others what you prefer
    Finally GM as Nerotaku Woohoo ! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Level
    Achievements:
    Picking phase v2.0.2

added suggestion music to the main thread

*Better Music: even more useless change than extra value but srsly the more strategic cool music increase game quality
    for an example think we have a song like this in paladins picking phase v2.0.1
    https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ero_select.mp3

*update the stupid captain can vote in ban vote phase
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Naix, can I suggest an addiction?
    Let us use copy&paste. Usually, when entering, I have to write "Hello, I am a support main, I play ALL the supports, I am good with Lian, Willo, Talus and Evie. I suck at tank, believe me, you don't want me to play tank" every time. I am at half of the sentence that the bans and 2 picks are already done.
    Everyone usually write his/her mains and pasting a sentence like this would incredibly help, especially when the first ban is happening in 10 seconds!
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link