Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Support

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    The oracle of the Abyss. Her birthday is coming this week so I’ll be making a special stream.

Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points
    Probably an experienced Pip.
    Cap'n MaCuddles the Babe Magnet
    ™Hexadermia

Forum Discord Server! Join us!

Make Kyle real!!!

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Specify:
    your play style
    your skill with aim
    your map awareness
    your champ knowledge (all champs in the game, I mean)
    what do you like to do in a game
    how dedicated your are to the game.

Then we can discuss.
    Sorry for the late reply

I'm Full-On Heal with Minimal Damage and stands around in the back and or chasing my teammates to heal them.

My skill with aim can vary from alright to shit (but i'm improving it!)

I know the maps very well, I just can't put them to words but in Visual I can.

I am a Support Main, I play Damba, Seris, Ying or Lian when i'm Damaging, Inara when Tanking.

What I like to do in the game and be a single mother and help my children not to die

Dedicated, but not salty, more likey chocolatey even if you're really bad i'll tell you you're doing good because positive reinforcement is best.

Additionally : I managed to get 60 - 90k Healing with Damba, 100+k healing with Ying or Seris.
    Depending on the situation that I do not die 90% of the time.
    Last edited by BlueKyanight; 04-17-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Hmm, from what I read, I'd say your best pick next is Jenos. Live on F pressed on, so you can reposition quick and help teammates from a far, a relatively safe position. With time, you will learn how to play Flankenos™ efficiently.
    It has less survivability than Seris and less heal-per-sec, so you must learn preemptive healing, but surely is more aligned with your play style than, let's say, Pip.

All around, Damba is the best healer at the moment, but of course you need a lot of skill to use him. Not just aim, but abilities management!
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Walla, clean your inbox!!! Yes, AGAIN!

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Pip. 100% Pip. A good Pip can carry an entire team on heals, kills, and damage.
    "Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!" -Raeve Maeve

"Nice set of teeth you have there. Have fun picking them up off the floor!" -Ash

"All your points are belong to us!" -Invader Pip

"Do you even lift bro?" -Longboard Lex

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Pip. 100% Pip. A good Pip can carry an entire team on heals, kills, and damage.
    "A good Pip" are the keywords there. First, being a good Pip takes a lot of practice and you have to be acustomed to a certain kind of gameplay, because Pip's "trait" (and what's needed to top heals, kills and damage) is to move around and be everywhere, so you must be accustomed to a certain playstyle. And if we read OP's response, he/she states:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKyanight View Post
    I'm Full-On Heal with Minimal Damage and stands around in the back and or chasing my teammates to heal them.
    So, for his/her playstyle, Jenos, Seris and Ying are the top picks. Maybe Damba, who requires more skills but brings more to the table.

To OP, I'd say to try those 3 and see who suits you better, and get lots of XP with them. If you want to play competitive, it's always a good idea to have more than one "main" of something. I, like you, suck at aiming (but I'm improving too) and when I play supports I always go Jenos (1st) or Seris (2nd), deppending on my team and gamemode. The only reason I rarely play Ying is because since I suck at aiming, I won't do too much damage.

- On Siege, if they are more tanks than anything, or characters that will most likely stay near the point, I'll go with Seris with the spread heals talent. If my team needs a bit more CC, I'll take the stuns talent. If I know my team will be spread out (lots of flankers or high mobile champs) I'll go with Jenos since he can heal trough walls, and 90% of the time I'll take the inmediate 10% heals card.

- On Onslaught, I'l almost always pick Jenos because the maps are smaller and have more spread out routes, and most people will pick flank/damage instead of tank, So I can heal them while still babysitting my tank (if we have one) or contest the point. Also, smaller routes mean easier focused Ults, whereas with Seris I'll most likelly catch few people, if any at all.

- On Deathmatch I will rarely pick support. I'll go flank of damage instead. Also, I'd like to point out that I hate Deathmatch and all it stands for.

Also, a bit of a tip with Jenos. He doesn't have too much of a selfheal, while seris san pick cards to heal herself while healing, using her F or her Q. However, now when your healing target kills someone, it counts as an elimination for you. So I pick kill to heal and, that combined to my loadout (full extended healing mark time, full reduced healing mark cooldown) You can easily have 2 (sometimes 3) marks up, so you can get goods recovers. If someone gets too close, just void and run.
    (Not a native english speaker so sorry for bad Englando.)

I will not die! Not yet, amigo!

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewMega View Post
    "A good Pip" are the keywords there. First, being a good Pip takes a lot of practice and you have to be acustomed to a certain kind of gameplay, because Pip's "trait" (and what's needed to top heals, kills and damage) is to move around and be everywhere, so you must be accustomed to a certain playstyle. And if we read OP's response, he/she states:

So, for his/her playstyle, Jenos, Seris and Ying are the top picks. Maybe Damba, who requires more skills but brings more to the table.

To OP, I'd say to try those 3 and see who suits you better, and get lots of XP with them. If you want to play competitive, it's always a good idea to have more than one "main" of something. I, like you, suck at aiming (but I'm improving too) and when I play supports I always go Jenos (1st) or Seris (2nd), deppending on my team and gamemode. The only reason I rarely play Ying is because since I suck at aiming, I won't do too much damage.

- On Siege, if they are more tanks than anything, or characters that will most likely stay near the point, I'll go with Seris with the spread heals talent. If my team needs a bit more CC, I'll take the stuns talent. If I know my team will be spread out (lots of flankers or high mobile champs) I'll go with Jenos since he can heal trough walls, and 90% of the time I'll take the inmediate 10% heals card.

- On Onslaught, I'l almost always pick Jenos because the maps are smaller and have more spread out routes, and most people will pick flank/damage instead of tank, So I can heal them while still babysitting my tank (if we have one) or contest the point. Also, smaller routes mean easier focused Ults, whereas with Seris I'll most likelly catch few people, if any at all.

- On Deathmatch I will rarely pick support. I'll go flank of damage instead. Also, I'd like to point out that I hate Deathmatch and all it stands for.

Also, a bit of a tip with Jenos. He doesn't have too much of a selfheal, while seris san pick cards to heal herself while healing, using her F or her Q. However, now when your healing target kills someone, it counts as an elimination for you. So I pick kill to heal and, that combined to my loadout (full extended healing mark time, full reduced healing mark cooldown) You can easily have 2 (sometimes 3) marks up, so you can get goods recovers. If someone gets too close, just void and run.
    Omg I never thought about getting Kill to Heal, That's a lifechanger.

Yeah, I main Seris most of time, But i'm branching myself to Ying and or Damba, Sometimes Jenos.. For Deathmatch I usually go Damba or Ying, since I can heal them from afar and without the need to actually look at them (Damba's Gourd, and Ying's Illusions), But I think Jenos is perfect for Deathmatch aswell?

Member Knight InaraIsUnbreakable's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Lol why would you even think of asking a question like this I honestly think there are certain circumstances that depend on who's the best.

For example a map with high elevation above the point like Frog Island or Stone Keep would be good for Pip.

Another circumstance would be whether or not your team is good at staying together and grouping up, I know you aren't always able to determine this to factor into who you pick but if you have good teammates they'll catch on. Grover or Ying would be super good for a team like this though.

Say if you have a really big map like timber mill or split stone quarry, then I'd say use someone like Seris with mortal reach since it can reach so far while staying alive for your team. Then if you have a team of people that move quite a lot then I'd say get someone like Jenos so you can at least *try* to keep up with everyone because it's hard to heal people that are really spread apart.

If you play damage support then I don't know how to help you there but from what I've seen Pip is a crazy good damage support. I don't know how to play with Mal Dumbah because I'm horrible with him xD

At the end of the day it mainly depends on you. If you heal extremely well, like top top well with a support then you can carry the team for days.
    Heeey, tuffest Inara player on Paladins PS4 here

Who I Play
    Frontlines: Inara
    Support: Seris, Jenos, Ying, Pip
    Damage: Shalin, Willow, Bomb King
    Flank: Talus, Maeve

Yeah I guess I'm not good with the widest range of characters but hey

And can we please have some sort of skin set to portray the gem like queen that Inara is >>> https://goo.gl/images/g3CNaa

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I think s/he's trying to decide which support buy and learn, in the future.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Walla, clean your inbox!!! Yes, AGAIN!

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    The new best support is Khan. 800 heal every 5 seconds, a shield, a throw and a punching ultimate.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger.

Moderator Unbound
    “We want the focal point of the ban system in Paladins to be about fun ways to ban your champion to your favored banystyle.”