Thread: Tyra Talents Reworked

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered

Lightbulb Tyra Talents Reworked

Tyra's talents are pretty much the most one dimensional talents in the game. Even the good ones don't really change your playstyle much.

Thus here some suggestions to add a bit more flavoour to her talents.

Hunting Party:
    This talent is fine for the most part since it supports your team more than you which is rare for a Damage dealer talent. However, i find the 2 second cooldown reduction to be unnecessary since she already has cards which reduce the cooldown of hunters mark. Instead any teammate that participated in the kill of the marked enemy is healed for (150*) heath for each teammate that participated.

*i'm not sure about this number or the way the health is divided. Suggestions are appreciated.

First Blood:
    This talent is very straighforward both in use and the way to counter it which i like. I just think it's effect doesn't allow for very strategic play. I have multiple ideas for this talent so let me know which one you like best.

1: Gain 20% lifesteal and whenever a teammate is healed within 50 units of Tyra, heal for 20% of the healing value.*

*Supports don't always have time to heal Tyra even though she needs it to get back in the fight quickly. This change is really dangerous though since it can snowball when used in conjunction with Grohk totem, Ying ultimate, teammates out of combat healing near tyra and Terminus his ultimate since technically he heals his full health during the animation. Though cautirize is always a powerful counter healing so it may not be too op.

2: Gain 25% lifesteal and heal for 25% of the damage you deal to shields.* Self explanetory.

3: Gain 30% lifesteal and Tyra doesn't use ammo while under 30% heath.*

*This would give tyra a bit more survivability when at low health and add a risk mechanic. I'm once again not sure about the percentage number.

Burn Monster:
    This talent is good in competitive, is easy to use, not fun to play against and doesn't really change the way you use fire bomb. Let's change it!

When Tyra stands in fire bomb she gains 50% damage reduction and cc immunity. Self damage and healing reduction still apply to tyra.*

*This would allow Tyra to not only clear the point but also take it, give her a choice to drop it at her feet or throw it at enemies and force her to stay in one area to gain benefit from it.

Mercy kill:
    This one takes the most skill to use according to most which i agree with. It certainly reguires a lot more aim and especially timing to use effectively. The problem i have with it is that it's solely a damage buff meaning that if you use it to hit an enemy from far away who would have just as easily been killed by 700 damage it does pretty much nothing. Even then hitting a shield, a full health enemy, a deployable or simply missing wastes the entire talent.
    What i mean is that there are many ways this talent loses value but the only way to get value out of it is to finnish off one enemy.

My idea: When hitting an enemy directly with nade launcher increase the blast radius by 100%.*

*This will allow nade launcher to possibly take out more than one enemy without increasing it's solo targeting lethallity. Giving you more value if your timing and aim are perfect.

Please tell me what you think.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I Like A lot of what you have here, but there are a few critiques.

1. For your Hunting Party Talent re-work I would say that everyone that participated in the kill gets 300 HP because this will get negated by a Cauterize late game.

2. The Number "1:" and "3:" Examples for First Blood are much better then "2:"

3. Love the Burn, Monster Change.

4.The Mercy Kill change would be a straight Nerf to Mercy Kill the ability is Kill people at 50% health with burst is like really good.( To put into perspective a Good Mercy Nade should be doing as much as a Andro accursed arm shot) Trading the instant burst potential for increase AOE would be a straight Nerf. Honestly Mercy Kill is kinda perfectly balanced right now.
    Paladins Community: "Tyra is the lowest Skill Cap Character in the Game"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Guide About the Power of the Untamed Huntress

Paladins Community: "Tyra Has such an Uninspired Kit"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Proposed Re-work And Shamelessly Promotes Guide and Re-work in signature

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EssenceStudio View Post
    4.The Mercy Kill change would be a straight Nerf to Mercy Kill the ability is Kill people at 50% health with burst is like really good.( To put into perspective a Good Mercy Nade should be doing as much as a Andro accursed arm shot) Trading the instant burst potential for increase AOE would be a straight Nerf. Honestly Mercy Kill is kinda perfectly balanced right now.
    My proposal is actually to have both the damage and the increased AOE.
    I think it's pretty balanced too. I just think it could be a little bit more rewarding for the effort put into making this talent work.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AARPONG View Post
    My proposal is actually to have both the damage and the increased AOE.
    I think it's pretty balanced too. I just think it could be a little bit more rewarding for the effort put into making this talent work.
    Wait, so you want the new mercy kill to do this

Mercy Kill: Nade Launcher deals up to 100% additional damage based on the target's missing Health, and has increase Explosion radius.
    Paladins Community: "Tyra is the lowest Skill Cap Character in the Game"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Guide About the Power of the Untamed Huntress

Paladins Community: "Tyra Has such an Uninspired Kit"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Proposed Re-work And Shamelessly Promotes Guide and Re-work in signature

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EssenceStudio View Post
    Wait, so you want the new mercy kill to do this

Mercy Kill: Nade Launcher deals up to 100% additional damage based on the target's missing Health, and has increase Explosion radius.
    Yes exactly.