Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skye Rework Suggestion

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points

Skye Rework Suggestion

I've posted this in a few places but thought I'd start a proper thread on it. I think Skye is too dependent on invisibility, which is too easily countered by Illuminate. I see the value in Illuminate, though, so I suggest a rework to make her less dependent on invisibility without getting rid of it entirely.

First, she needs a two-stage speed buff in her base kit. First to her base speed and also a speed boost when invisible. Obviously her speed-based cards would need some adjustment to keep her from getting too fast. Secondly, allow Skye to double jump off of walls only. So no jumping twice in midair like Maeve, but this would allow her to vault up to low-medium height platforms to get better into the backline.

Secondly, she needs a longer stealth duration out of Smoke Cloud. The reason being that this will be her only stealth skill. Meanwhile, Hidden would be replaced with an aerial jump backwards paired with throwing a handful of those throwing knives she has strapped to her thigh. This adds further to her mobility and escape potential while giving her another small source of damage (100-150 per knife, perhaps, with 3-5 knives in an arc in front of her). The jump would be high enough to get onto low platforms so good map sense would allow for a quick escape into areas her attacker may not be easily able to follow.

I think these changes would fit into her kit and design, still allowing the stealthy assassin approach but also giving her some acrobatic ability to get in and out of the backline with a little better chance of surviving even against Illuminate. With these changes she might finally be meta worthy or at least not a bottom tier champion.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Well, since Illuminate + OB68 Reveal Changes are a thing, almost all Skye mains agree on increasing Smoke Bomb Stealth duration and replace Hidden with something else so i agree on that, what you're proposing to replace Hidden sounds very interesting and i think it really fits her, is basically the same ability like Neith's (Smite) Backflip, it gives her a little more versatility/mobility and damage which is what she currently needs. Also, Cards and Talents for a ability like that are going to be interesting as well.
    Last edited by VoidWalker; 03-30-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester
    I really like this idea, but I was thinking of something like this:
    -delete her movement speed cards and add:
    -10% base movement speed
    50% movement speed on both bomb's invisibilty and hidden's
    -give her the ability to climb walls
    This would give her vertical mobility and escape potential while fitting into the stealthy assasin vibe.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    No need to even rework anything.

Just increase her damage simple as that no need to do more work then necessary and still miss addressing her real issue which is how little her damage is. Her whole stealth concept is great as is all they need to do is make it where she can actually kill someone in this game.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I liked this idea but I highly doubt it'll ever happen sadly. Because Skye is a bait for new players, she's easily counterable and it makes her weak. Weak champs die easier. When a player kills someone easier, it makes them hype up. And they start paying for the game and on and on..
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by okkillme View Post
    I really like this idea, but I was thinking of something like this:
    -delete her movement speed cards and add:
    -10% base movement speed
    50% movement speed on both bomb's invisibilty and hidden's
    -give her the ability to climb walls
    This would give her vertical mobility and escape potential while fitting into the stealthy assasin vibe.
    The double jump on walls is effectively wall climbing. I figured actual wall climbing would involve a whole new animation and functionality that doesn't currently exist so they would be less likely to go for that. Also climbing up a wall leaves you way more vulnerable than jumping up the wall.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadvillan View Post
    No need to even rework anything.

Just increase her damage simple as that no need to do more work then necessary and still miss addressing her real issue which is how little her damage is. Her whole stealth concept is great as is all they need to do is make it where she can actually kill someone in this game.
    Sadly no, Stealth is not great as it is, Illuminate and especially the OB68 Reveal buffs are just too much for a Flank Champion that relies on Stealth to do his job, it's ridiculous how Strix and Vivian nullifies her now, i've been against a Rework for her but now is necessary, i agree that her damage is average to low but simply buffing her damage isn't going to solve anything if she can't flank or escape effectively like every other flanker, if you're almost perma revealed the entire match you can have all the damage in the world but you can't flank only with your LMB and Poison Bolts.
    Last edited by VoidWalker; 03-30-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Skye Rework confirmed for this year by Chris! : https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/co...mlock/dwj8gwy/

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    HiRezChris has confirmed that Skye is going to be reworked.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidWalker View Post
    Skye Rework confirmed for this year by Chris! : https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/co...mlock/dwj8gwy/
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    HiRezChris has confirmed that Skye is going to be reworked.
    awww yisss. it doesn't have any specific date so it can be 6 months later... buuut it's better than nothing. she needed a rework for at least 4 months already. i am happy.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)