Thread: Champion Concept: Ventus, Will of the Storm

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Champion Concept: Ventus, Will of the Storm

Greetings and Salutations! This is my first Champion concept, but please don't hold back on critique!
    (Before anybody says that his grab is like Khans, Ventus concept was made prior to the Release of Terminus)

Ventus, Will of the Storm

Type: Support
    Health: 2800 (Originaly 4800)
    Movement speed: 350

Note: Since Ventus is taller than Fernando or Terminus he has a lot more Health compared to other support-class champions.
    Edit: Health was decreast to bring him in Line with other Support Champions

Talents:

Raging Giant
    Your In-Hand now deals additional 300 damage. Also the fire rate of Windpalm is increased to 0.75 every second.

Unstoppable Force
    During Healing Wind Ventus and all allies affected by it receive CC immunity. In addition the Radius of Healing Wind is increased by 30%

Living Fortress
    Increase the Healing of Healing Wind by 500 and reduce the cooldown by 3 seconds. Your Ultimate charges 10% faster.

Removed Talent:
    Applause
    Thunderclap has now 3 Charges.

Normal Cards:

Armor:
    Immovable: Gain 10/20/30/40/50% cc reduction
    Grand Fortress: Gain 100/150/200/250/300 additional Health
    Stormy Weather: Increase the projectile speed of Windpalm by 5/10/15/20/25%
    Rampage: Eliminations reduce all active cooldowns by 10/20/30/40/50%

Thunderclap:
    Applause: Reduce the cooldown of Thunderclap by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds
    Gathering Strength: Heal yourself for every enemy hit with Thunderclap by 100/150/200/250/300
    Shockwave: Thunderclap now applies a 200/400/600/800/1000 knockback
    Victory clap: Heal your Teammates for every Enemy hit with Thunderclap by 100/200/300/400/500

Up, up and away:
    Wheee: Increase the distance you throw your enemies by 250/500/750/1000/1250
    Be gone: Reduce the cooldown of Up, up and away by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds
    Harsh landing: Enemies now get crippled for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 seconds after impact
    Tight grip: Increase the damage of Up, up and away by 50/100/150/200/250

Healing Wind:
    Under my wing: Increase the area of Healing Wind by 10/20/30/40/50%
    Onward to Victory: Can now walk while Healing Wind is channeled with 85/70/55/30/15% reduced movement speed
    Aggressive protection: After healing an ally with Healing wind your primary fire deals 50/100/150/200/250 additional damage for 8 seconds
    Save Haven: Reduce the cooldown of Healing wind by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds

Lore:

Ventus is, similar to Bomb King, an artificial creature. He was Created a long time Ago to protect the People that could not defend themselves. Now he protects the people that were caought in between fronts.

An older Iteration of this Champion concept was featured in one of Joshinos Videos:
    Last edited by Syeeto; 12-08-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Nice concept. I'm liking the Ultimate very much, and other abilities seem relatively solid as well. My only problem with this is the LMB, which seems too strong, as LMB usually should not come with any CC. Other than that, good job.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Marked the Talent "Applause" as removed to fit the concept into the new system.
    Support Champion Concept: Ventus, Will of the Storm
    Damage Champion Concept: Leopold, The Heart of Courage

Check out my moveset ideas for Valera and Karne

Some of my posts have hidden messages! Have fun finding them!

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I love this concept for a support and the art but I would suggest changing the champion's attack speed on his LMB maybe make it similar to Zhin's with a low ammo count. Also countering cauterize/wrecker by half would be extremely dangerous for anyone in any game maybe make healing winds have a healing boost or dmg increase instead. Finally I would suggest fixing "Thunderclap" on this character since a 1.5 sec stun with a 8 sec cooldown is often enough to instantly stop and kill a champ. This is mostly because its an aoe move rather than a aim move so I would suggest increasing its cooldown and giving the ability to lower it with chronos.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 120 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FarceDawn View Post
    I love this concept for a support and the art but I would suggest changing the champion's attack speed on his LMB maybe make it similar to Zhin's with a low ammo count. Also countering cauterize/wrecker by half would be extremely dangerous for anyone in any game maybe make healing winds have a healing boost or dmg increase instead. Finally I would suggest fixing "Thunderclap" on this character since a 1.5 sec stun with a 8 sec cooldown is often enough to instantly stop and kill a champ. This is mostly because its an aoe move rather than a aim move so I would suggest increasing its cooldown and giving the ability to lower it with chronos.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    The Talent Unstoppable Force has been edited to now grant CC immunity instead in addition to an increased AoE.

Edit: Forgot to mention, that the 300 dmg Bonus of Raging Giant now only affects the in-Hand

About the firing rate and Thunderclap:
    Ventus is meant to force enemies to buy resilience (which is a prety hard counter to him) since he is not that great in damage or healing.
    With 350 Movespeed Ventus is at the lower end of mobility and since almost all his abilities push the enemy away, if you get hit by a close range shock wave you probably deserve it. :P
    If you want to play Ventus more aggressive, you can opt for the Talent Raging Giant, which increases the damage and the Rate of fire.
    The slow firing rate and slow travel speed on default is also meant to balance out the fact, that his normal attack has a weak form of CC attached to it.
    Last edited by Syeeto; 12-08-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    Support Champion Concept: Ventus, Will of the Storm
    Damage Champion Concept: Leopold, The Heart of Courage

Check out my moveset ideas for Valera and Karne

Some of my posts have hidden messages! Have fun finding them!