Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody plays Support / Frontliner

Beta Player Knight EntrancedOptics's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Yeah, that's what I was saying, in order for them to actually deal damage, they have to give up their ability to heal, which is what most support do these days.
    "Oh I'm going to get flamed for picking damage since we don't have a support? Fine then, I'll play support." *picks damage jenos*
    Obviously they gotta have good base DPS which is something they don't, but they keep nerfing base because of a single card or cards they have that make them OP in terms of damage. Rather than balancing those cards, they just flat nerf the champion.
    It's a real tragedy.

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I dont understand why people throw like that but like most free to play games its going to likely happen because someone is A: butthurt because their champion was banned/taken
    B: salty because of a previous match with players he/she didnt like.
    C: too high/or drunk to even care.
    D: ego driven and thinks that if you dont grab the right things you're absolutely trash at the game.
    E: Blames it on matchmaking.
    F: you dont have the right champs
    G: see your level for a champion and is like "LOL level ? we lose"
    H: Blames it on the tank/healer/flank/damage for not focusing on the "blah blah"
    buut... I enjoy this game because its really fun i love the feel of it and all that.
    Literally try doing this to anyone in at least semi-high ranking competitive. If you do not play the way they want you to (i.e. what champion you play, what legendary card you use, what loadout you have, etc.) they will literally just flame you and throw. This game has gotten too toxic since OB64, not that its related, but still. This community is on a downward spiral to the likes of LoL and OW, and it makes me want to touch this game even less.
    Last edited by Healz; 02-14-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Whoops

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    To be honest at least at my level people usually play whatever role they need to. Even disabled golds (No offense guys) usually pick what team need. Not that i should get golds in the first place anyway (Platinum 1) so making a "role lock" wouldn't be a good idea. More like "preferred role" thing. For example you pick that you prefer flank so game tries to pick players that prefer other roles than you or people who just choose "all roles" if it can't find somebody fitting. If it can't find the whole squad in a short period of time (2-3 minutes) with all the roles you'll get random people instead so you don't wait forever.
    Reasons why you lose your ranked games:

1. You're too salty.
    2. Your team isn't speaking english / you don't speak english.
    3. Your team is too salty.
    4. You pick selfishly.
    5. Saying that someone sucks doesn't help either.
    6. You don't say anything in the picking phase.
    7. You're just bad in the game.
    8. Your team is trolling / you can't adapt to bronzes playstyle.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EntrancedOptics View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was saying, in order for them to actually deal damage, they have to give up their ability to heal, which is what most support do these days.
    Considering:
    1) your MMR depends only on W/L
    2) you're never helped by your allies
    3) you win only if you carry
    4) everyone blames support
    are you really surprised people behave in this way?

How many times you see a support doing PotG? Rarely. How many times team protects the supports? More rarely. How m any times team says thanks or congrats to the support? Almost never.
    But if you have big kills you feel like a king/queen.

I always think the problem is different.
    A) for "social" purpose, let's consider more what supports can do. Ie: an hard focused support, able to stay alive long enough to heal, is almost a hero. Let's start to recognize it
    B) whatever champ must be able to win an 1vs1 duel, if the player is good. So, let's stop nerfing support, for DDs and flanks players want free kills.

95% of my games are as a support. With a couple of them I can carry the team, even after n nerf. Still, when I get PotG, I have to read allies complaining.
    I am not 12 since a while, but what do you think an average player would do, after this? "Oh, f*** you, next time I would not heal!"
    Supports is sacrificing self glory and kills for helping YOU to stay alive and get self glory and kills. And when we say the support is the director of the team ('cause s/he is, being the only one who decides who is going to stay alive and who is not), I have to see 5 pages of rant of random stupid flank players saying we just have to press Q.

If people just think all the supports must do is pressing Q, no surprise no one wants to play one.
    Using an UP champ just to get harassed and see others having fun is not funny. We are not paid for playing.

Suggestions:
    * stop asking for support nerf and start to ask for support buff, so we will not need baby-sitting
    * say thanks or congrats your support when s/he's doing great and helping.

Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    To be honest at least at my level people usually play whatever role they need to. Even disabled golds (No offense guys) usually pick what team need. Not that i should get golds in the first place anyway (Platinum 1) so making a "role lock" wouldn't be a good idea.
    Darling, you ARE offending. After provisional I was silver 2 on main and Plat 1 on secondary. The same person. So, stop thinking you're somehow a deity of this game for being Plat 1 and stop insulting other players.
    In case you didn't know, when you don't play for 15 days, your rank decay. And after CU many are not playing ranked anymore.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points
    You don't even need support or frontliner

Beta Player Sovereign Prince marantzz's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Irvinglloyd View Post
    You don't even need anything, make love not war

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Why you come in a thread an troll by saying things like this,man?

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You don't even need to play....
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If you want to submit a Bug help us test the new Paladins Bug Reporting Template

Want to open a Ticket? Please use this form: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by stesc5 View Post
    You don't even need to play....
    What do you mean I can tank with Lex and heal with Viktor. You didn't know Lex had a shield and Viktor could throw green health packs? XD

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Planting bullets for healing flowers?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If you want to submit a Bug help us test the new Paladins Bug Reporting Template

Want to open a Ticket? Please use this form: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/