Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: [Support Concept] I'domi the Broken

  1. #1
    Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    322
    Level
    28
    Points: 2,187, Level: 28
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

    [Support Concept] I'domi the Broken

    Name: I'domi
    Title: the Broken
    Role: Support
    Health: 2600

    Lore:
    It is known across the realm that crystals hold great power, but only the archmage I'domi has ever succeeded in using them to become immortal. The magic took a toll though, and despite his immortal mind and soul, I'domi's body withered. He drifts the realm, aiding whichever side he pleases in whatever battles he comes across, using the power of the dead combined with ancient magic to destroy his enemies.

    Description:
    Body made of bones, surrounded by glowing green light/spirit.

    LMB: Death Pulse: Fire two pulses of death magic every .5 seconds, each dealing 250 damage. (speed similar to inara's projectiles.)

    Q: Posses (8s): Drop your bones on the ground and posses an enemy or ally you are targeting for 3s. If you target an enemy, they are slowed by 25% and take 300 dmg / s. If you target an ally, they gain +25% movement speed and are healed for 500 hp / s. (switches to third person view of possessed champion, can be cancelled at any time)

    F: Dissolve (10s): Your bones and spirit sink into the ground for 3s. If you end the ability under an enemy, they take 400 damage. (idea is you dig into the ground and are somewhat stealthed [some particle effects], and if you re-animate near an enemy, you hit them and deal damage)

    RMB: Life Pulse (10s): Toss a charged piece of your soul onto the battlefield that lasts 2s. If this soul piece is touched by an ally, it heals them for 200 hp and jumps to the lowest health ally within 30 units of that ally, and so on, until it has no allies to jump to. When the soul piece is no longer able to jump, it heals all allies it jumped to for 400 times the number of allies it hit. It also heals all allies it did not jump to for 200 times the number of allies it hit. (does not jump to the same ally twice, ignores walls, lowest health determined by % of max health)

    E: Soul Transfer: Target an ally or an enemy. If you target an ally, they instantly gain 50% ultimate charge, and if you target an enemy, they instantly lose 50% ultimate charge.


    EDITS:
    1. Updated ult to nerf it, re-worked f/q
    2. Re-worked ult
    3. Re-worked f / RMB
    4. Nerfed ult
    5. Re-worked ult
    Last edited by SocraticPhoenix; 02-13-2018 at 11:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,487
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,706, Level: 71
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    This is too passive for my taste, all abilities have you doing nothing while you posses someone or become a moving grohks totem.
    Also the ult is overpowered, you can in theory drop of the cliff the entire enemy team. Suggestion
    Rework LMB to something less passive
    Merge Q and F into one ability that will change if you target and enemy or an ally
    Ad one movement ability.
    Counterplay other than ressilience to the ultimate.

  3. #3
    Beta Player Baronet TheBardOfBaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Yonder Mountain
    Posts
    154
    Level
    12
    Points: 630, Level: 12
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 31 days registered
    The ult is very OP. i have the same thoughts as are in the above comment, also add 50-100 damage to the LMB.
    I love to construct anthropomorphic Champions, and even the occasional Human when I catch a wild hare to do so.

    We Bards are lovers of lore, the more evocative the better. without it, we would be mindless, souless PvPers,but no. You are PALADINS!!!! And I am the Bard of badgers.


    here is a link to my creations thus far

    have fun, be good, and work with your team... even if they are..... hummm...yeah.

    Now that i have comment on your post, please go comment on mine, fair is fair!

  4. #4
    Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    322
    Level
    28
    Points: 2,187, Level: 28
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I updated the concept to try and make the ULT less op and add a movement ability.

  5. #5
    Beta Player Count Samercam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    551
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,581, Level: 37
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    The ult sounds crazy good, but also incredibly unenjoyable to play against. People already have issues with CC in games like this because it ruins your control and mobility, but to actively watch my character do things I did not input is even worse.

    I also think the Q is pretty godly. +25% movement speed and 500hp/s is insane.
    It's also unclear what happens when you're possessing. Does your body become untargetable? Do you just stand there ready to be killed and if you get killed its over? If it's the latter I can understand why you want such strong abilities because there is a huge risk to them. But if it's the former this is just insane.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

    It had to be said.

  6. #6
    Beta Player Baronet Quuiluu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    145
    Level
    23
    Points: 1,668, Level: 23
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticPhoenix View Post
    Name: I'domi
    Title: the Broken
    Role: Support
    Health: 2600

    Lore:
    It is known across the realm that crystals hold great power, but only the archmage I'domi has ever succeeded in using them to become immortal. The magic took a toll though, and despite his immortal mind and soul, I'domi's body withered. He drifts the realm, aiding whichever side he pleases in whatever battles he comes across, using the power of the dead combined with ancient magic to destroy his enemies.

    Description:
    Body made of bones, surrounded by glowing green light/spirit.

    LMB: Death Pulse: Fire two pulses of death magic every .5 seconds, each dealing 250 damage. (speed similar to inara's projectiles.

    Q: Posses (8s): Drop your bones on the ground and posses an enemy or ally you are targeting for 3s. If you target an enemy, they are slowed by 25% and take 300 dmg / s. If you target an ally, they gain +25% movement speed and are healed for 500 hp / s. (switches to third person view of possessed champion, can be cancelled at any time)

    F: Dissolve (10s): Your bones and spirit sink into the ground for 4s, while you gain 20% movement speed. (invulnerable over duration, small particle effects on ground show where you are, but otherwise not noticeable)

    RMB: Life Pulse (10s): Channel your life force for 5s. Allies within 30 units of you are healed for 300 hp / second. (ignores walls)

    E: Posses: Drop your bones and the ground and posses an enemy you are targeting for 5s. The possessed enemy is unable to use an abilities or LMB. You are able to control the enemies movement and ability usage. When the ability ends, return to your bones. (duration affected by resilience, min duration of 2s).
    -Dissolve is just Grohk's Ghost Walk
    -Q or Ult needs to be changed a bit cuz ult is just a better version of Q

  7. #7
    Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    322
    Level
    28
    Points: 2,187, Level: 28
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Quuiluu View Post
    -Dissolve is just Grohk's Ghost Walk
    -Q or Ult needs to be changed a bit cuz ult is just a better version of Q
    Updated ult

    It's not ghost walk, it's like a dig-underground sort of thing

  8. #8
    Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    China Land
    Posts
    2,554
    Level
    80
    Points: 15,512, Level: 80
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Pretty decent concept. The Q and the Ultimate are fantastic ideas, but I'm afraid other abilities might not be as unique. The F maybe interesting in terms of visuals and effects, but as a raw mechanic, it's nothing too special. The RMB is just a boring basic AoE healing ability. Aside from that, the Ultimate is pretty overpowered; you might want to nerf its numbers.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

    My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

  9. #9
    Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    322
    Level
    28
    Points: 2,187, Level: 28
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    Pretty decent concept. The Q and the Ultimate are fantastic ideas, but I'm afraid other abilities might not be as unique. The F maybe interesting in terms of visuals and effects, but as a raw mechanic, it's nothing too special. The RMB is just a boring basic AoE healing ability. Aside from that, the Ultimate is pretty overpowered; you might want to nerf its numbers.
    I re-worked the RMB and F a bit to try and make them more unique.

    My argument against the ult being overpowered is that it basically acts as any ult... It does nothing on its own, but rather, allows your allies to do something. I think the detracting from an enemy ult may be overpowerd, so I removed that. It basically lets you give your ally another ult. (I snicker thinking about 2 drogoz ults in a row, or "you challenge makoa!" twice)

  10. #10
    Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    China Land
    Posts
    2,554
    Level
    80
    Points: 15,512, Level: 80
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticPhoenix View Post
    I re-worked the RMB and F a bit to try and make them more unique.
    Fantastic changes. Good job.

    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticPhoenix View Post
    My argument against the ult being overpowered is that it basically acts as any ult... It does nothing on its own, but rather, allows your allies to do something. I think the detracting from an enemy ult may be overpowerd, so I removed that. It basically lets you give your ally another ult. (I snicker thinking about 2 drogoz ults in a row, or "you challenge makoa!" twice)
    But that's exactly the point. There's a reason why multiple champions aren't allowed on one team; I think you should bring the number down to about 50%. Also, I really liked the idea of disrupting an enemy's Ultimate; you should bring it back! You wouldn't normally know the Ultimate charges of your enemies, so using it should be a gamble anyways.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

    My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •