Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do NOT listen to the advises

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    No reason to look up youtube videos for a game like this you don't have to learn complex combos or anything like that.

I'll say this and this goes for just about any class in Paladins, Overwatch or even Team fortress 2 except for maybe the tank sometimes.

It's all about positioning in games like this. You always want to be in a place where you can deal the most damage while taking little if any at all.

If you're a flank you want to take a route to get behind enemy lines (take a different route every time mix it up keep the other team on their toes) and in back of them. From there you want to make it so that you can do damage without taking much and also keeping in mind a quick escape route if needed.

If you're damage try to get on a higher floor than the enemy so it's much safer and from there just pick them off for free damage while being on the look out for their flank.

As a healer pick your spots and don't get too obsessed with putting the most damage numbers on the board to the point that you're taking the damage instead of the tank. You're not made to deal out tons of damage you're made to heal your team. You should be healing as much as possible your healing ability should usually stay on cool down. While it's on cool down hang back and get your damage.

Tank is tank. Just make sure if you're a tank and your about to die run away and find cover till cauterize runs so your healer can heal you in full.

Member Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Neravarine View Post
    Not its not, and how in the 7 hells you know is the team good or not b4 you start playing ?

I dont but 2 fights are more than enough to judge a team's skill, actually even 1 fight can be enough to know how good a player is, most players dont change much in the same match unless they have a crazy adaptive playstyle.

Some Supports are good as being pure healers like Seris,Pip because of amazing burst heal while Jenos is the worst Support to play as a pure healer, terrible Heal Per Second that often doesnt save anyone you are just better not healing & going mostly Damage,FLank with him.

Member Sovereign Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    So, I'll go for self sustain.
    In fact I had the same tendency with my healers before OB64. Cards for maximum heal removed from decks while cards for survival were added. With Jenos luminara, self-heal and life drain, with Grohk more HP and the "you get a shield when low HP". Maximum heal output is useless when you are dead, it's better to heal less but survive. Also more fun.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Yes, try to say that to average comrade. I spend most of my time quarreling, than fighting. The best part? They blame you for not going full heal loadout, but none of them is wasting even 5 sec in helping you, when obviously focused.
    Every time someone is helping the healer, the team wins. I've seen this 100% of times.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I agree and disagree with this.

I find it helpful for new people to watch the content where things, such as items and cards are explained and basic tactics and what you can do with your champions and how to help win these matches.

Where most people go wrong is when they watch KamiVS and other high ranked players, they are trying to pull of stunts they are not yet capable to do. Second, they are playing with random people with mixed skill levels and understanding of the game. Third they lack the game sense.

So, in my opinion the videos are helpful and can improve your game, you just need to know what to pick from those videos.
    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    OFF TOPIC
    No matter how I try, even if I've heard Turbo's voice, every time I read his posts on the forum, I keep hearing them spoken with Tyra's voice.
    T_T
    /OFF TOPIC
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    "you dont own me"

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Having an open mind and actively looking for new ways to improve your play style is OKAY. I do often come across really old and outdated guides though or not-completely-up-to-date guides, so a good advise would be to check if the champion you're attempting to emulate from the video is not made into something different in-game (ex. Kinessa rework).

The blatant copycat mentality is NOT OK, as you said.
    I mean, surely there will always be Cookie Cutter builds that will be used in competitive, but they require practice nevertheless, a loadout doesn't instantly win you the game unless you play it right. It's not a youtuber issue, the game needs more and more relevant and comprehensive tutorials.
    Champions: Nylah (Support) & Cedric (Flank) & Dz'etch (Frontline)
    Grover Rework & Damage Concept TBD