Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I think the MM considers the winrate, since when I had a winning streak at Gold level I suddenly got 3 matches with four diamond players in my team. The other side also had 3-4 diamond and 1-2 gold players. It's hard to believe that the MM couldn't find one single platin guy.

I have my doubt about those bounderies mentioned in the first posting. Is this new? I am almost sure when I was Platin a while ago, I got matched with everything from unranked up to Grandmaster. I will check my games at guru how it is now.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Platinum players are prone to having Gold, Platinum and Diamonds in their team and on the other side. Any range bigger than this is not meant to happen.
    There are definitely no such boundaries. I checked my last 10 matches and around half of them match Silver and Platin in one of the teams. If there is a boundary than it's Silver-Gold-Platin-Diamond.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Yes, but according to the idea that it considers only W/L history, after 13 losses, why I am not paired against super noobs?
    Darling, it's more than a month that I am not in a easy (or just balanced) game. All stomps for my team. I keep losing and losing and losing, and considering 98%of the player-base, according to guru, is worse than me, even if MM were totally random, I should face some of them, every now and then.
    I think that MM wasn't calibrated after OB4, which is why you are entering matches that weren't supposed to happen to you, even if you play in a duo.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I think that MM wasn't calibrated after OB4, which is why you are entering matches that weren't supposed to happen to you, even if you play in a duo.
    Calibration? Darling, even if MM were totally random I should be able to find a game against low level/elo players. :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Achievements:
    When I was still Gold, I was matched with unranked up to Platin, but not with Diamond. I could only find one match with a diamond player. And here is the match with me - poor Gold I - and 4 Diamonds. I picked Grover but they forced me to switch to Jenos and I really sucked, haven't played him quite a while.

By the way. The Diamond IV Bomb King has the same ELO like me with Gold I. There was a discussion a while ago if ELO and rank match in ranked.

P.S.
    So the boundaries for ranked seem to be "Unranked<---> Platin" and "Silver<---> Diamond".
    Last edited by M3RC3N4RI0; 02-06-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Calibration? Darling, even if MM were totally random I should be able to find a game against low level/elo players. :-/
    That's because the lack of calibration + the lack of MM being able to properly gauge = Matchmaker completely crazy.

What MM is doing in your case is overestimating your skill level based on your duos, so I believe you will be locked in crazy strong matches for a long while. Have you tried going solo to see if you'd get a normal match?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    So in the end only stuff we are really sure of are:
    - MM is broken in normal casual
    - we don't know how MM is working exactly
    - competitive MM is not entirely at fault but he does add insult to injury

So please Hi-Rez revisite MM and focus on bugs for next patch.

With the beginning of season 2 soon in my opinion focusing on MM is a good idea.

Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    That's because the lack of calibration + the lack of MM being able to properly gauge = Matchmaker completely crazy.

What MM is doing in your case is overestimating your skill level based on your duos, so I believe you will be locked in crazy strong matches for a long while. Have you tried going solo to see if you'd get a normal match?
    How recently did matchmaker supposedly go crazy? Because I only started experiencing it yesterday... I party'd up with a team that worked well together and played about 6 matches, 5 of which we stomped and 1 of which was 3-1. The other 2 games I played the other day were stomps of me.

The thing is, I played those other 2 games *before* partying...

I don't understand how matchmaker can produce such stacked games... Unless of course there are only 10 ppl queueing with 1000 ELO of me...
    Main Role: Support / Frontline

Main: Seris
    Best Healing: 288,822

Support: Seris (43) / Mal’Damba (31) / Jenos (20)
    Frontline: Makoa (30) / Inara (20) / Ash (18)
    Flank: Talus (25) / Maeve (19) / Evie (12)
    Damage: Willo (21) / Drogoz (14) / Kinessa (13)

Rank (S1): Diamond 3
    Rang (S2): Gold 1 (Grinding to Diamond )

My Champion Concepts

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticPhoenix View Post
    How recently did matchmaker supposedly go crazy? Because I only started experiencing it yesterday... I party'd up with a team that worked well together and played about 6 matches, 5 of which we stomped and 1 of which was 3-1. The other 2 games I played the other day were stomps of me.

The thing is, I played those other 2 games *before* partying...

I don't understand how matchmaker can produce such stacked games... Unless of course there are only 10 ppl queueing with 1000 ELO of me...
    I believe that it happened on OB64. You know how a computer glitches sometimes, then one glitch here becomes another glitch there and the entire computer ends up needing maintenance? I think the same think might be happening with MM, the bugs seem to be scaling somehow. I don't even know if this is all possible, but things seem to be going more and more downhill.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    1) me and BF are around 1800 elo in the new classic siege (we play few games)
    2) same W/L
    3) he tried going solo. Paired against 2 grandmasters and 1 master. But in his team there were no decent player (aka: me) to help. He said "Ok, I was joking". Enemy team, instead, someone is filled with super high elo players in party.

I don't know which is the MM bug, but as far as I can imagine, for now it's "put Valkure and BF into impossible games". Because this is all I've seen in the last month.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.