Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRick1996 View Post
    So for serious rants about MM, post here and then other rants should be in rant thread?

FINALLY A THREAD FOR FUCKING MM
    Rant thread = complaints about MM.

This Thread = solid arguments - from the users - as to why MM is malfunctioning. I believe that MM is still programmed to pre-ob63 game structure and twice the playerbase we have, which is why it's malfuncioning again, but I'm a weekend player, I need people who play daily to come here and PROVE that MM needs finer tuning.

Omg I'm spamming my own thread *bans himself*
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    What would happen if matchmaking was based on borders or leagues rather than ELO rating?

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Should we post screenshots or something? I think we all understand that MM is not working well. About 1 from 10 matches goes wrong.

It's not a problem if both teams have 1-2 unranked players, the problem is then one team has 1-2 unranked players and another team has only e. g. gold players, it mean that one team is theoretically stronger, I don't say it's impossible to win, it's possible but still makes game a bit disbalanced.

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Rant thread = complaints about MM.

This Thread = solid arguments - from the users - as to why MM is malfunctioning. I believe that MM is still programmed to pre-ob63 game structure and twice the playerbase we have, which is why it's malfuncioning again, but I'm a weekend player, I need people who play daily to come here and PROVE that MM needs finer tuning.

Omg I'm spamming my own thread *bans himself*
    oh okay. I think ill just post screenshots every now and then. only those with really really big gaps
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    If matchmaking in casuals is based on winrate, than I really think that Hi Rez should consider basing it on rank instead. I've been in games where I vs a bronze, a silver, and a grandmaster on the same team. It makes the game much more difficult when practicing with a new champion if your opponents are at a vastly higher or lower skill level than you are, even if you do have the same winrate.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Matchmaker considers Win Rate.
    Darling, I am not posting here, because those aren't my data, but I can send them to you by PM. My friend, just reached level 30, so, a total newbie, spent the last 2 days playing against masters and grandmasters (just to give you an idea, he's somehow at 1700 elo, so, no pro at all).
    He got 13 losses in a row. 13. MM was not putting him in better teams or against worse players, so, no, I think something had happened and now MM is bugged.
    Level 7 solo-queue player in a game filled with more-than-100 level players, master ranked. When, we know, below level 30 you should be queued only with below level 30 players (at least if there aren't parties in the queue). And the level-7 guy was alone.

I've never seen a MM SO BAD in more than a year of game. I can assure you, with all my heart, that there's something wrong, or better, more wrong than usual, in the MM. I suspect some sort of bug, after CU release.
    Please, ask devs to have a look, because lately the game is impossible.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Darling, I am not posting here, because those aren't my data, but I can send them to you by PM. My friend, just reached level 30, so, a total newbie, spent the last 2 days playing against masters and grandmasters (just to give you an idea, he's somehow at 1700 elo, so, no pro at all).
    He got 13 losses in a row. 13. MM was not putting him in better teams or against worse players, so, no, I think something had happened and now MM is bugged.
    Level 7 solo-queue player in a game filled with more-than-100 level players, master ranked. When, we know, below level 30 you should be queued only with below level 30 players (at least if there aren't parties in the queue). And the level-7 guy was alone.

I've never seen a MM SO BAD in more than a year of game. I can assure you, with all my heart, that there's something wrong, or better, more wrong than usual, in the MM. I suspect some sort of bug, after CU release.
    Please, ask devs to have a look, because lately the game is impossible.
    That's true, I am 106lvl and I am always matched against newbies, with my 10lvl cards I can just one-shot them... A bit unfair? Yes. This game should be hard for newbies.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzzuru View Post
    That's true, I am 106lvl and I am always matched against newbies, with my 10lvl cards I can just one-shot them... A bit unfair? Yes. This game should be hard for newbies.
    Lucky guy. I keep playing against pro players. And also my friends are in the same situation. The games are impossible to win.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    something like this:

from z1unknown matches:

1. GM with plat and 1 diamond against plat and diamonds:http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211492233

2. his team have 2 parties including Gm to gold against all solo team with 1 master 1 plat the rest diamond "shouldn't party go against stronger enemy?" : http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211159680

3. his team 2GM "in party" 3Diamond against 5diamonds : http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211136329

4. his team got party of 2GM 1Gold 2Plat against 1Master 2dimond 2Plat: http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211151465

**watching streamers with master and GM rank doing comp got many crazy matches as will

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by daNoobe View Post
    something like this:

from z1unknown matches:

1. GM with plat and 1 diamond against plat and diamonds:http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211492233

2. his team have 2 parties including Gm to gold against all solo team with 1 master 1 plat the rest diamond "shouldn't party go against stronger enemy?" : http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211159680

3. his team 2GM "in party" 3Diamond against 5diamonds : http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211136329

4. his team got party of 2GM 1Gold 2Plat against 1Master 2dimond 2Plat: http://paladins.guru/match/pc/211151465

**watching streamers with master and GM rank doing comp got many crazy matches as will
    The stats make no sense for parties. I'm starting to think matchmaker is more of "we need to get these people in a match, quick!" rather than "these players are really good. let's wait for proper opponents"

it gets worse: http://paladins.guru/match/pc/206196087