Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Mmm.. When did they say they fixed MM? Because it's not fixed yet.

If the only thing MM takes into consideration is win rate, then I gotta say that is the most ridiculous idiotic thing ever(after CU). What about the player account levels? It's easy for a new player to get 60%+ win rate, does that mean he's ready to play against grand masters? No, because raw skill alone does NOT win matches. You need to have some actual experience in game. Why should level 200+ players get matches with level 10 players?

This ridiculous system is the reason we get matches like this..

Front Line : Barik, Inara, Fernando, Khan
    Support : Mal'Damba, Pip and almost every support
    Damage : Tyra, Drogoz, Strix, Viktor, Sha Lin, Lian
    Flank : Zhin, Buck

::---Champion Concepts---::
    Damage Champion : Ikka
    Support Champion : Sasawa

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    All i have to say the queue time for casual unbound has almost tripled (+3 minutes) and the balancing is 10 times worse
    thanks hirez
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAlyssa View Post
    Bomb King
    Accelerant
    • Rework
    • Grumpy bomb explodes 50% faster.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    I told myself I'd stop trying to explain to hi-rez how online games work, but I can't help myself.

After playing a match yesterday in which I faced a full premade of smurfs, and after trolling their bomb king for a while after the match, I looked him up on guru. He has a 93% win rate and always plays in a party of 3-5. He has only played 6 matches on this account not using BK. His matches are usually over in around 5 minutes.

Here's a link to one of his matches: http://paladins.guru/censor/match/Cvn

Notice that the elo range for his full premade of smurfs is 1500-2600, while the elo range for the opposing team of solo players is 900-1500. I censored this match, but the WR for each player on the premade is 66%, 66%, 93%, 72%, and 65%. The opposing team is 47%, 47%, 49%, 48%, and shockingly, 36%. Yes, the winning team had a W/L average of over 70%, while the losing team had a 36% player. I'm posting this to show that W/L is obviously not used as a metric, and also, MM is not even marginally fixed or improved.

Other research indicates that W/L is not actually the metric used for the matchmaker. A couple of JuJu twitter posts indicate that ranked and casual both use an MMR number (so, a similar system to elo, although they're not divulging details).

tl;dr

--No one posting in an official capacity on the forums has any accurate information about MM
    --MM is not fixed
    --MM does not use W/L as a metric
    --MM consistently puts full teams of very good players against full teams of very bad players

I would like to ask forum mods to delete this thread and start a new one. This one contains way too much false information. Also, I'd like to continue to advise everyone to avoid playing paladins unless you're on a smurf, in a premade, or both.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Can I add my personal MM wish?

What does make sense:
    1) your MMR depends on your personal performance, compared to the one of your team, in your specific role
    or
    2) if your MMR depends only on W/L, then EVERY CHAMP MUST BE ABLE TO CARRY A GAME

I am personally exasperated by the bunch of noobs crying out for "supports must not deal dmg". So, supports:
    * have 1 or 2 abilities used to sustain others and not deal dmg
    * have 1 or 2 abilities used for CC (that is completely nullified by super cheap Resilience... I'd like to see, if Haven were allowing 90% of dmg immunity, their reaction)
    * have the lowest dps of the game
    * have the lowest mobility of the game
    * 90% of time, no one is helping the support, but harassing when not getting heals (for the support is dead)
    So, please, HiRez, since you're reworking MM, one of the above options.
    Last edited by Valkure; 02-14-2018 at 01:54 AM. Reason: typo
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Tagger Second Class
    I thought MM was fixed, the entire 15 days Ive been playing has been just abysmal one sided matches all the freaking time. It's never clear how this game runs its MM either and I've been playing nohting but Unbound/Bound Seige casual. I didn't want to touch ranked till I got better and how the heck am I supposed to get better when it's either I'm killed in spawn or doing it. This game is just not fun at all, unpolished, and dev's need to learn to say no to some character creations/designs in honesty because it feels like a clustered hot mess than a fluid style of a game with fun mechanics, characters, and so on.

MM is by far the worst prospect of it so far and that's what I'm greeted with first. This game is a hot mess and can't believe HI-Rez is trying to pump out a competitive scene so early when it can't even get its own feet off the ground, learn to freaking walk first, no better yet, learn how to crawl on your hands and knee's first Hi-Rez because now you're barely pulling yourself with your arms. it's a shame I enjoy the game, I really do but this MM and refusal to say no to certain character designs is atrocious and more than enough to push me away. I'm going ot give it the other 7 days so I get the 21 days log in bonuses but so far the moment that's up I'm uninstalling more than likely as it has shown to not improve one bit.

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Casual match making is getting better

there are still a few fuck ups though

Stomps are not fucking fun
    Last edited by IamRick1996; 02-15-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Yesterday I got a couple of decent game (in ranked MM seems to be fixed) and then a couple of games absolutely crazy. I don't have the screen, but what does a bronze Kinessa in our team should do against a Drogoz and a Zhin who were masters?
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive
    A good MM fix would be imo if it took into consideration only your personal performance for bronge and silver
    Mix of W/L and personal Performance for gold and plat
    W/L only for Diamond and up

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I played two ranked matches so far.

Rank-wise its a bit advantageous on the enemy team. Fortunately my team won both games (solo queue, competitive)

Before I played ranked matches, I had a few casual bound matches. Most of it were meh.

This is one match that would seem completely fucked up:

Weirdly enough, we won most of the skirmishes. Ending the game in my team's victory. This led me to believe that my teammates were smurfs
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Screenshots of borders don't show anything. Post guru links. You can see what tier of a rank people are in (the difference between plat 4 and gold 1 is the same as gold 1 to gold 3) and if that silver guy in an otherwise all plat game is queued in a party with other people. Also ranks aren't taken into account for casual matchmaking.