Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'm playing this game less these days, only because of MM in Ranked; I'm kinda sure that they can't change their MM system fundamentally, because if they want to put plat or diamonds in team with each other, in order to make a real fair and fun match, they will cause longer and longer Q cause top ranks are fewer... and at the end we won't see a Qualifying with Diamond in a team, but instead we will have a Silver with a Diamond or Masters...

Generally, I believe MM 3.0 might not be as good as everyone expect, and we shouldn't expect any big changes... just small changes in something like Rank deciding matches (for unranked) and other minor changes...

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Yesterday I had some matches and the mm did its thing but poorly

http://paladins.guru/match/pc/256188633

First, this match. Why are we matched with spunkki? Our elos are not even close, nor winrate nor anything. Of course it was a stomp, and it probably wasn't fun for them either. Also, those who were in party with spunkki also had incredible stats and high elo so I understand nothing

http://paladins.guru/match/pc/256214079

I also had this match. The mm wasn't as bad as the previous one but still, why am I matched with people who have almost 3k elo and 60-70% w/r

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I mean ok. If my mmr is so bad, that i have to play with such players, it´s ok.
    But come on... Seriously? Ok when i have to play with a qualifier, all good.

But please Hi-Rez... bring back the "minimum played games with this champ" feature to ranked...
    That´s just unmotivating...

Beta Player Recruit sh0rtstuffz's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/256468651
    Enemy Team
    Victor and Strix are masters.
    Makoa is Diamond I.
    Lex is Plat II.
    Pip is unranked.

My Team
    Ash is Gold III.
    Tyra and Kinessa are Plat 1.
    Everyone else is unranked.

We got spawn camped the whole game. I would understand if matchmaking gave us another two or three man group against a give man group, but it didn't. Please fix.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Well, comrades already wrote that, but I am here to vent out too.
    I had to play Lian vs Lian with Spunkki. I mean, SPUNKII, do you realize who he is???
    By the way, he has been nice in final chat and I even killed him one or two times, but, the hell, you cannot put pro players against a bunch of random people, only because we were playing in party (without voice chat, on top of that).
    I don't know if you're already testing MM 3.0, but in case
    IT DOESN'T WORK.

And don't let me start with the game before that. Not a pro player, but the whole team was super.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I wonder if I should "restart" this thread, i.e., close it and make Matchmaker Conundrum 3.0 just to keep it clean.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Forum Moderator Grand Prince aexis2341's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Overdrive Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Well, comrades already wrote that, but I am here to vent out too.
    I had to play Lian vs Lian with Spunkki. I mean, SPUNKII, do you realize who he is???
    By the way, he has been nice in final chat and I even killed him one or two times, but, the hell, you cannot put pro players against a bunch of random people, only because we were playing in party (without voice chat, on top of that).
    I don't know if you're already testing MM 3.0, but in case
    IT DOESN'T WORK.

And don't let me start with the game before that. Not a pro player, but the whole team was super.
    I can confirm that, we were matched against a Party of two people of 3k elo and the other person had 2.5k elo.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.
    Need help regarding the game? You can submit a Support Ticket.

Main goal in Paladins: Get every skin for Cassie

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    wow... i mean if the matchmaking get´s just a little bit more randomly, i´ll probably be paired with a guy who just queued in Fortnite...

And again, someone who´s trolling (in squad)... He is taking a before never played champ and his squad mate trolls with him and picks second flanker... Thank You for down grade my division... again...

If you say the MM is done my winrate... come on, Hi-Rez... you can´t compare a qualifiers winrate with the winrate of an experienced(more than 10 games) player...

Basically the enemy team has a higher elo than everyone on my team. There win rate is higher than everyone on my team. They were all in a party and everyone was solo but me and my friend. And to make it even worse we lost 1 elo from that game showing that the matchmaking system didn't even have faith in us to even win the game. Why pair us against that. I felt so bad for the Maeve on our team because she was 1000+ elo off from everyone on the enemy team.

https://ibb.co/gg4YRo

(and if this "new better system" matches us up taking into account win rate that Maeves win rate was 20% lower than the lowest win rate on the enemy team)
    Last edited by kickstart; 07-14-2018 at 03:13 AM.