Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1041

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Crossplay "ALLOW ALL" = Terrible MM
    Crossplay "KEYBOARD ONLY"= Good MM
    Unfortunately no. I have set “keyboard only”, as my friends, and we still find a terrible MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    Keyboard only does not help with MM issue of matching new or inexperienced players against Masters.
    Exactly.
    Averey, stop sounding as Furia in my head!!!

On the other side, there are players that keep having extremely forgiving matches, both on Casual and on Ranked. And that’s why I think something went wrong with latest MM update. I mean, how many masters and grand masters are in this game, if compared to low tier players? And so, even on a totally casual rate, I should face more bad players, than masters…

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Exactly.
    Averey, stop sounding as Furia in my head!!!
    Remember, the key to success is a fat coffer!

On the other side, there are players that keep having extremely forgiving matches, both on Casual and on Ranked. And that’s why I think something went wrong with latest MM update. I mean, how many masters and grand masters are in this game, if compared to low tier players? And so, even on a totally casual rate, I should face more bad players, than masters…
    What I did not quite understand is why do a casual soft reset, it would have been enough if only ranked was reseted... but I guess they had to do it because the placements at the beginning of a season are tied to your casual MMR, I guess.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I was playing all qualifications on party with same guy, all 5 in a row. we got 3w/2l and how rankeds works on w/l ratio if I got lower rang than my partymate? He got gold 5 and i silver 3, and no, it's not also that I played much worst than he, we have very similar skills level.

And now, in my silver, I get MM with silvers or lowers, I guess, and loading screen pops out and kaboom - platinum in enemy team. How am I suppose to go higher when my silver/bronze teammates have to fight against much higher rangs?

Also, I wish there was champ-level block, that u couldn't pick like lvl 3 makoa bcoz " he's good", but they would need to remove level buying so I guess im staying in silver forever.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Imseneeme View Post
    I was playing all qualifications on party with same guy, all 5 in a row. we got 3w/2l and how rankeds works on w/l ratio if I got lower rang than my partymate? He got gold 5 and i silver 3, and no, it's not also that I played much worst than he, we have very similar skills level.

And now, in my silver, I get MM with silvers or lowers, I guess, and loading screen pops out and kaboom - platinum in enemy team. How am I suppose to go higher when my silver/bronze teammates have to fight against much higher rangs?

Also, I wish there was champ-level block, that u couldn't pick like lvl 3 makoa bcoz " he's good", but they would need to remove level buying so I guess im staying in silver forever.
    If your friend and you have played ranked in previous seasons that would explain as to why you got ranked differently. Each time you requalify the game keeps your information from the past season and takes it into consideration. For example if you ended in diamond last seasons, you have a higher chance to qualify into diamond compared to someone who ended last season as a silver. So I’m assuming your friend ended last season as a higher rank then you which is why he was given a higher rank. I hope that helps.

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Matchmaking nowadays:

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    3 grandmaster. We met 3 grandmaster in enemy team. We had a silver and a troll that decided it was not even worth to try.
    Seriously?
    In the whole weekend (about 60-80 games) we won 3. One was Onslaught, with a different MM/MMR.

FIX THIS SHIT. IT’S ALMOST 3 MONTHS

I’ve lost so much elo, that by now I should be playing against just-registered players. But no, still grandmasters…
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    ... In my opinion (written frequently in many threads/posts) the match-making can not be fixed! The problems is the not-excisting reward-system in the game. You only loose or win as team (a member of the team); not taking any personal effort in account or as bonus.

In my case; only playing casual, due of irregular playing time and many private disturbing tasks: I am placed in a team of mixed players against (I assume) other mixed players - Yes, it's Casual! And - No, that does not bother me at all, but - what bothers me is the incredible difference in skill level of many players in a single match in your team or in the opponent team!
    Lately I notice a lot of quick-pick (and lock in) flankers, who are riding or running straight to the objective and get killed there; as support you can not heal that fast or ... And - why am I teamed up or against such players over-and-over-again?!
    No - I am not a very good player, but - this is rubbish! I would like to play with and against players with almost equal skill levels; so I would maybe also find more "friends" in the game, with who I would like to team up frequently.
    And also - skipping the former "Payload Mode" and the introduction of the "2 fast-butcher-modes" has turned the game in a headless ego-shooter for many.

So again - I would wish a reward-system based on the personal skill of the players, this would make it the match-making-system also much easier to find fitting players for a match...
    -~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-
    I do not want any new skins; I want team mates with skills!
    Not gonna waste my talents anymore on improving the game of Paladins!

-~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-

Level
    Achievements:
    I would have no problems with Onslaught and TDM, if only pew-pew people would stay just there and balance would be done for Siege. Instead, as you said, insta-picker for flankers or OP DDs are everywhere. They are so damn broken, than a decent team composition usually has no chance against a full flank team.
    If they were not so damn broken, they would be picked in TDM and Onslaught, but Siege would get better team compositions. Instead, the whole game is a mess and the winning team is the one with the better OP flank player.
    The rest of the team is there just as a nameplate.

As I’ve been said since forever, if MMR and MM are solely base on win-rate, then EVERY DAMN CHAMP must have the SAME possibility to carry a game.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    I would have no problems with Onslaught and TDM, if only pew-pew people would stay just there and balance would be done for Siege.
    Another option would be to make ranked more attractive. I think the main problem is this stupid picking mode which takes so long and then the last one doesn't pick and 10 minutes are wasted. Lower ranks should have a simplified picking mode similar to Siege.

For example, banning could be first come first serve. Who clicks first decides what is banned so in 5 seconds banning is done. Then every player gets five seconds to exclusively pick a character, but if one misses this, they can still pick just with the risk their favorite champ is picked by player 2. So one can decide to wait for the teammates to pick and fill up. Whole champion picking takes 1 minute.

I mean, which player below Platin does strategic banning? I always ban Dredge and Imani. Not because it's effective but because I dislike them. Hardly no one bans tanks below Platin. Same goes for strategic picking. Almost everyone has a few favorite champs and picks what is free.

The banning is something that Siege lacks, Ranked has no Dredge problem.

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Another option would be to make ranked more attractive. I think the main problem is this stupid picking mode which takes so long and then the last one doesn't pick and 10 minutes are wasted. Lower ranks should have a simplified picking mode similar to Siege.

For example, banning could be first come first serve. Who clicks first decides what is banned so in 5 seconds banning is done. Then every player gets five seconds to exclusively pick a character, but if one misses this, they can still pick just with the risk their favorite champ is picked by player 2. So one can decide to wait for the teammates to pick and fill up. Whole champion picking takes 1 minute.

I mean, which player below Platin does strategic banning? I always ban Dredge and Imani. Not because it's effective but because I dislike them. Hardly no one bans tanks below Platin. Same goes for strategic picking. Almost everyone has a few favorite champs and picks what is free.

The banning is something that Siege lacks, Ranked has no Dredge problem.
    mmmmh, not that lower ranks ain't having strats and ban strat...more like they lack the knowledge to do so, in their minds it's probably strategic to ban a damage or flank because they can carry, also sometimes they tend to ban old meta stuff, probably cause they read something bit old on the internet

an other solution, suggested million time, make a ranked training mode, ranked without rank, simple, and improve the MM, i think most people play casual because ranked MM and ranking system are bad, in ow it's the opposite, no one playing casual because ranked MM is way better
    Here are my guides, I'm constantly improving/modifying them and keeping them up to date
    If you have any guide requests just ask me
    I'd be glad to have feedback about these guides

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...31-way-to-skye
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...830#post554830

Curious about the lore?

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...792#post567792