Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

The Matchmaker Conundrum 2.0

I'm not going to pretend that MM is alright, because it's not. But, for some reason, the change on game modes seems to have made things even worse in this matter. So, we'll do this once again to get HiRez-senpai to notice us once more.

You know the drill. DO NOT POST COMPLAINTS, KEEP THEM ON RANT THREAD. Post EVIDENCES and proof that Matchmaker is malfunctioning.

Piece of useful information on how MM is supposed to work:

Unranked, Bronze, Silver and Gold tend to fall together on the same ranked match. Broader than this is not supposed to happen.

Platinum players are prone to having Gold, Platinum and Diamonds in their team and on the other side. Any range bigger than this is not meant to happen.

Masters are one tier above. They should be paired up and against Masters and Grandmasters, rarely diamonds.

Ranked Borders have zero effect on Casual standings. That Grandmaster who fought against you on casual might simply be someone who doesn't play casual too often

Different game modes =/= different matchmakers.

Matchmaker considers Win Rate. "Oh, but my elo on Guru!". Matchmaker does not consider elo, be it guru, masterpaladins, Wallachia Elo or anything.

If you have any screencaps contradicting the information above, post them HERE, for they are NOT supposed to happen AT ALL. I'll send this link to HiRez so they can see and explain us what's going on. Clearly, the Matchmaker FAQ is no longer applicable for some of those stuff.

Let's go!
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Firs-

I mean, you should link this thread http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...sked-Questions

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince marantzz's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Ranked Borders have zero effect on Casual standings. That Grandmaster who fought against you on casual might simply be someone who doesn't play casual too often

Different game modes =/= different matchmakers.

Matchmaker considers Win Rate. "Oh, but my elo on Guru!". Matchmaker does not consider elo, be it guru, masterpaladins, Wallachia Elo or anything.
    Wallachia Elo -> Wallachelo

No, but now being serious, if borders don't influence, casual mm is only based on winrate?

Forum Moderator Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Hopefully all the complaining that nobody cares about and no you aren't unique with your luck will go here.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Your Mom's hot,
    Does she have a snap?

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered
    Matchmaker considers Win Rate.
    Can you please elaborate on this?

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Wife is platinum and just had a competitive game where she was Platinum and the other 4 were silver on her team. She was against a team of Platinums and golds and got completely steam rolled. That stuff is annoying enough in casuals, but it makes ranking up in competitive impossible.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT
    Weekly crystal giveaways on my Twitch and Twitter.

Kinessa main.

Beta Player Baron Blargimazombie's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Watching Z1 stream last night, duo queue with bird, Two GMs in party two plats and a bronze, against 4 plats and 1 diamond. Queue was not 10 minute (where it usually pops regardless of good mm for those whose mmr is too high.)

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    So for serious rants about MM, post here and then other rants should be in rant thread?

FINALLY A THREAD FOR FUCKING MM
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince NekonataM's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Platinum players are prone to having Gold, Platinum and Diamonds in their team and on the other side. Any range bigger than this is not meant to happen.
    Sadly it does

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by marantzz View Post
    No, but now being serious, if borders don't influence, casual mm is only based on winrate?
    Casual elo is only based on winrate in that specific casual gamemode. Whoever you are on ranked makes no difference.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!