Thread: For Those Torvald Players Who Are Confused About Alternating Current

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Talking For Those Torvald Players Who Are Confused About Alternating Current

So Alternating Current seems to be shit because it just increases the duration of Recharge but not actually giving more shield. That's the first thing i thought of that card, and because of that, I never have used it once before. But because of FrostFangs latest video, it all makes sense now. Recharge generates 2150 Shield over 1s. It means that, as you're using recharge, you are continuously gaining shield in that period until it reaches the limit. Alternating Current basically doubles that recharge duration, making you continuously gain shield for like 2 or 3 seconds, but the shield still has the same limit. Hows does that help, you ask? As what is shown in FrostFangs' video, it basically acts as an "invincibilty state" where, even if the entire team is shooting at your ass, you're still regaining shield over the duration, even when its destroyed the first time. This makes Torvald an actual frontline that can take a lot of damage and capture the objective, which is fucking great. Hopefully this thread helped you out. Here is the link of FrostFangs' video that ive been talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQP_alQ_l4

Member Sovereign Prince IamRick1996's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    I thought this was obvious....

Anyways i don't normally use recharge anymore. Because i find semi flank torvald more fun lol.
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

My Champions:
    Frontline: Ash, Torvald, Inara, Fernando, Ruckus, Terminus
    Support: the universe is telling me stop
    Damage: Strix, Willo, Viktor, Tyra, Cassie
    Flank: Maeve
    IGN: IamRick - PC
    ELO: Casual 2,159 ; Rank 1,879
    Current Rank: Silver I

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    That works just if you have the card that increases the production of the shield. And if they have wrecker usually there is a bug with nando's flamethrower, vivian's weapon and i think ruckus that implies this: After the shield is consumed, you are going to lose hp, like it was shield and with the bonus damage added by wrecker, it only works for personal shields(Torvald and Ruckus)
    Mains

Tanks: Fernando/ Terminus/ Ruckus
    Flank: Zhin/ Buck / TankFlankNando
    Damage: Bk/Willo
    Support: Jenos/ Seris/ Mal'Damba

Most damage: Zhin 240780
    Most killing blows: BK 40
    Most shielding: Fernando 293717 Most obj: 420
    Most healing: 207390 jenos

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Of course. Torvald would be overpowered if he didn't have a defined maximum capacity for his shield. But yes, Alternating Current is still very useful for the health gate.
    Last edited by Harlequin98; 01-14-2018 at 04:59 AM.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!