Thread: RIP Payload the abused gamemode

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points

RIP Payload the abused gamemode

The reason people didn't play payload was because there was only 3 maps and no new content for it. I'ma miss payload now there is nowhere to run from the esports tryhards that infest high elo casual siege.

RIP Payload
    Need a Flanker? There is Pip
    Need a Damage? There is also Pip
    Need a Support? There is Pip
    Need a Front line? There is Pip helping the Front line

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points
    How do we know that Payload is the least played mode in Paladins?

A few months ago I answered an official survey that asked what was the most and least enjoyed map and game mode. The survey never had the options to answer "All of the above" or "None of the above". We had to pick one of the given choices, but those two weren't available.

Personally, I like all maps and game modes and I would like even more. I don't want any of the current ones to be pulled (unless they are truly not wanted or unpopular). A full survey or a means of tracking the activity on the servers would be helpful.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah I miss Payload. I want more options in my games not less. I want Payload, Siege, Onslaught, Team Deathmatch, Survival, Co-Op and Battlegrounds.

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Yup I miss payload too.. its the mode I picked when I was in a less hectic, relaxed sort of mood, wanting to play at an easy pace.. now with it being replaced by TDM, everything is a chaotic whirlwind mode of tryhard.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi3231x View Post
    The reason people didn't play payload was because there was only 3 maps and no new content for it.
    The reason why I didn't play payload was because MM always put me with retarded players and it was impossible to win a single game, even if hard-carrying.
    Still, I am here to sustain the come back of payload mode for those who were enjoying it.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    The reason why I didn't play Payload is because it didn't require any tactics, it only required the same recipe:

1. Get a blast champion or a champion with lots of knockbacks.
    2. Buy Chronos, Resilience and Cauterize. Later buy Kill to Heal.
    3. Only push the enemy who comes closer to you.
    4. If you are pushing the payload, keep throwing enemies away from you and keep pushing.
    5. If your team is on the payload, advance and keep pushing the enemy team. Try to buy time, not get kills.
    6. When it's your turn to defend, buy Kill to Heal 2.
    7. Go to the enemy base and blast people away until there's 58 seconds left.
    8. Let them kill you then chillax for the free minute. They won't be able to capture the Payload.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!