Thread: Question about MMR - Not good working together teams?

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Angry Question about MMR - Not good working together teams?

Hello Paladins Staff / Fellow Players,

I wanted to ask the question - Why is it so that i as a Support get one time a team i have to carry as a no high DPS Champion and the other time i get a team that actually does work together?

It is highly frustrating and front-liners are sticking way behind, last game i even had an Androxus [ DMG ] class sticking way behind not firing a single bullet and we supports have to rush in to the point to TRY and take the objective and keep the enemy from breaking the point!

Needles to say we immediately die.

I get the fact you guys are trying to make an all free game but i mean the players that are not working together bring the people that do work together and do what their class is down in the MMR i mean seriously.

The 3rd game i played i lost cause the team i was in no one pushed of our team and i was Seris was supposed to hammer all the enemy's down on my own, which i did successfully multiple times, score giant amounts of points, yet i keep getting put in those teams.

This is a serious issue and i am not the only player that thinks about leaving the game just because those players cause us to lose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to get a response from the team cause this is really infuriating, also i had the Seris character before and all of the sudden i come back after a while of not playing and now i do not have her anymore?!

What is this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best regards,

AshleyTransey [ also my IGN ]
    Last edited by AshleyTransey; 01-12-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Member Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points
    People are people. Some know how to play the game and some don't. Some know how to play their chosen character and some don't. Some will play the game/match no matter how difficult it may look and some will refuse to take on the challenge.

The best solution, and maybe the only one, is to befriend players you feel are good at the game and team up with them whenever you and they are online. You can even schedule matches. And if any of them fail to play up to your expectations, delete them from your Friend List.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah it all varies some games you have noob tanks/flank and there is nothing you can do about it but lose. Happens to all of us.

Member Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadvillan View Post
    Yeah it all varies some games you have n**b tanks/flank and there is nothing you can do about it but lose. Happens to all of us.
    And we do have some games where we do win with new players because they do understsnd the game's premise and do try to do their best. Not all new players are bad, just as not all veterans are good. In that situation, we are taking a chance with whom we are teamed with. Thus the suggestion to team up with friends who know what they are doing.

Welcome to the Wild West.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

"Thanks for your support!"

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Yeah i guess so,

Still it seems like there should be at the least something to make the MMR work better or individually for each player per game so they can see if they actually tried or not.
    The Beholder - Has seen, written down, and killed.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The MMR system of Paladins seems not fully matured, yet. How often have I seen platinum, or even gold people above my MMR because they had a better W/L ratio and then I had to carry this person through the match.
    Why does a diamond team gets matched up with 2 Grand masters and lose fatally? I believe this is because the mmr relies heavily on W/L ratio. I'm not sure which values MMR takes to calculate the strength of a player, but I compared several matches and the elo-system of paladins.guru seems much more precise here. I hope that hi-rez will adapt to it in the future.

However, you shouldn't forget, that you are playing with humans and not with machines. People may have a bad day, may be sick, may be tired or exhausted. Some people don't want to play OP champions or their mains only and prioritise joy besides efficiency, or the higher mmr players don't let them play their desired champions, (you are last pick-attitude) etc...

People can't be 100% efficient at all times. Many people in this community seem to forget during their blaming rage, that they are sometimes playing bullshit too.
    I can understand, that people can become furious after a chain of such events, I let slip the one or other denunciation sometimes too, but random flaming won't change anything. Communication is the key; convey to your team "what" they are doing wrong, in your opinion, and don't just randomly flame around, because more often than not, it will just make them nervous or stubborn and worsen their mood for the next match.
    If they refuse to communicate or you have the feeling they are causing you to lose intentionally, there is still a report button in the end of the match.

That's pretty much an answer to the whole community, not specifically to you, in case you feel offended now.
    Last edited by Blatt; 01-12-2018 at 08:07 PM.

That is the problem, i first ask people to help me, "go to the point or we will lose" to a fernando that is really like back in the field while we got the payload like - are you the family of oe of the enemy's or something?

Also sorry for comenting with this on ebut it eems somehow my account got lost xD