View Poll Results: Should TF2 Barik's compatibility be increased?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some voice lines should be reworked.

1 33.33%
  • An exclusive emote would be nice.

1 33.33%
  • Nope.

0 0%
  • There are more urgent things! (e.g bugs)

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Barik Engineer needs Nope

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Barik Engineer needs Nope

Engineer without nope is just...

Last edited by Blatt; 01-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I actually started this thread in a non-serious manner, because I thought, that changes to the TF2 skin would never happen anyway, nor was I sure about possible copyright infringements; but the more I think about it, the more I actually would like some adaptions to the original Engineer and take a serious attempt, as, in my opinion, while still being my favourite Barik skin, it's only a mediocre adaption at most. Most of the voice lines sound uninspired, flat or empty and it lacks an exclusive emote for the skin.

For comparison, I'll take the engi's trademark, obviously, and I would like to imagine yourself using this command as a reply to, let's say your team wants you to capture the objective, because they think tanks have to be on the objective 24/7 and you think they have no clue about how to play barik, thus you'll slap them a big, fat "Nope!" in the face.

This little word, spoken in that manner, certainly says more than a whole sentence. It is filled with confidence and unflinching determination, to that degree, that it sounds sarcastic or humorous.
    Or to put it more simple; it pretty much sounds like "Eat my shorts, dude."

Now compare that to the current "No" command.

TF2 Barik "No"

My idea for an exclusive emote would be, obviously, something like nope.avi.
    And here a prolonged example to enhance your excitement.

(Credits go to s4videos)

It's surely those little things, which ensured TF2 it's fame over such a long time, and that's coming from someone, who doesn't have much to do with memes otherwise.

Also, I can understand if some people think, that this is certainly not the most urgent thing to fix in paladins. I would like some bugs to be fixed first too; in that case, make use of the multiple poll choices, please.
    Last edited by Blatt; 01-13-2018 at 09:48 PM.