Thread: Role breaking Legendaries

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Role breaking Legendaries

Hi rez has made some head way for allowing people to play champions their own way over being pigeonholed into a role without breaking their core roll.
    And with battlegrounds coming into the mix we need more options.

Thanks to either changed Legs or new ones.
    We now have supports that can look after themselves at the cost of less heals. Jenos and Mal.
    Grohk is almost a front line himself now with his over heals being turned into shields.
    Skye now has reason to hang around point and using her smoke bomb on someone else other then herself.
    Strix also has reason to get close to point now with his flares actually being useful.
    Pip can actually be a proper flank now.

Please bring in more role breaking Legs.
    Not for every champion mind you as some abilities are very clear cut with no room for change.

Allow Inarra to move faster with a floating Leg card or something as she does have a degree of levitation control.

Torvald can now offer support with extended shield life but that's now 2 cards for the same ability. Give him a damage dealing option, null beam doesn't count as its a pitiful buff.

Give something for the Grover DPS players

Focus on Vivian's shielding so that she can be a front line.

Don't just make everyone a damage or flank. Look at giving some front line or support options as well.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hm...

I feel as if all role breaking legendary cards are damage. Only ones I can think of are Wyrm Jets (flank) and Toot (support)

Role-Breaking Legendary cards I'd like:

Inara:

Stalagmite - Impasse has 3 charges and 5|0.2s lower CD, but 66% smaller and has no deploy range.

Basically, everytime Inara uses this ability a Stone Pillar 1/3rd the size of her wall emerges under her and launches her into the air. May help her get onto higher ground or dodge dangerous attacks like Seedling or Dragons Fury, but perhaps too mobile for Hi'Rez's taste

Torvald:

Leftovers - At the end of Protection, your target is healed for the remaining shield health. Also increases shield health by 150|50

Example: At level 5, Protection grants a 2.5K HP shield. If the shield has 1K health remaining when it expires, it heals the target 1K HP. If the shield loses all its health, the target receives no healing.

I think this should replace his recharge extension legendary, as its almost always pointless to use recharge for over 1s. It takes less than 1s to fully recharge your shield, and the only use is in conjunction with certain cards (like speed boost)

Vivian:

Turret - Deflector Shield has 200%|10% more HP and covers Vivian entirely, but you cant move while its active.

Grover already has a "scale over distance increase" card that makes him do TONS of damage. What else could you ask for?
    Last edited by DatJaneDoe; 01-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    I don't like the idea of all champions being allround monsters.
    Even worse when they exceed the actual champions in their role, like cassie and grover are the better snipers now.
    It may fit to some champions and surely some flexibility leads to more complexity, which I personally prefer, but it will become very difficult or close to impossible to balance, the more you distort the predestined roles.

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    This is an interesting perspective. I am personally against such inconsistent legendaries, not because they are a bad idea but because most of them are limited to only focus on damage. Multifaceted champions such as Vivian are rare exceptions, as it would be quite erratic for other, simpler champions to carry out roles other than their own and damage.
    Last edited by Harlequin98; 01-13-2018 at 12:45 AM.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm a typical nerdy high schooler; a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Alright, maybe not, but who the fuck cares?

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    This Guide is dead. Bye.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    A support champ for example is meant to be a support, not something else or else why call him/her strictly a support?
    If one champ can carry out the job of other classes, then why bother picking others? Aka you'll make others kind of useless as they are capable of doing one role while that one champ can do many.
    So no, I disagree.

But sure, they should make LCs other than just damage increase, but not role breaking LCs.
    Last edited by EliteCadre; 01-13-2018 at 02:08 AM.
    The strength of the team is each member, and the strength of each member is the team...

I'm pretty sure everyone playing Paladins would be Gold+ if they know and follow the meaning of this wise line...

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    They have actually started looking into other functions for champions which is great.

Moji has her LC toot which makes her a support.
    Doesn't break her away from her role she can now off support.
    Or by focusing in heals alone I have managed an 85k healing in a match.

They could also look at allowing Viks grenade having a debuff over damage.
    Makoas shield healing allies
    Or
    Maybe Talus teleporting someone else around

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    DatJaneDoe

I love your Inarra idea. She needs more movement and your suggestion sounds close to what Bom kings poppy bombs do.

The Torvald shield is great as well maybe replace the CC immunity with the heals instead of replacing the recharge card.
    I actually use that card a lot as it gives me an escape as well as a pushing card for when someone's giving me the shits and needs a spanking.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    I've always wished that they make a legendary card for Viktor that strengthens the knockback on this frag grenade. I went crazy when I knew that his 4th legendary has something to do with his grenade, until I found out that it was just another boring-ass damage increase card...
    The strength of the team is each member, and the strength of each member is the team...

I'm pretty sure everyone playing Paladins would be Gold+ if they know and follow the meaning of this wise line...