View Poll Results: Which side will you join?

Voters
556. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Magistrate

190 34.17%
  • The Paladins/Resistance

366 65.83%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KebabCrusher View Post
    Even so, taking the lives of 1/10000 (or whatever fraction) of the population to save 9/10 of the population is logical and simply being realistic IF that's what they did.
    This statement isn't backed up by any evidence or whatsoever. Mind reconfirming your sources?
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Baronet KebabCrusher's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    This statement isn't backed up by any evidence or whatsoever. Mind reconfirming your sources?
    Nah, I just have poor memory. For some reason I remembered the tragedies as literal world-threatening. Anyways, the point remains. Sacrificing a low amount to save a higher amount.
    >You
    >not being a Radical Esoteric Orthodox Christian Traditionalist Super-Society-Imperiumist
    why even live you spookee?

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Nah, I just have poor memory. For some reason I remembered the tragedies as literal world-threatening. Anyways, the point remains. Sacrificing a low amount to save a higher amount.
    I'm not so sure referring to the accidents as "small sacrifices." The explosion shown in the cinematic easily could've killed a person or two, and considering how commonplace these crystals are, I'm quite surprised to see so many people support Valera and the Paladins. Frankly speaking, the most immediately utilitarian use of the crystals from the cinematic are the pretty street lamps.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Baronet KebabCrusher's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'm not so sure referring to the accidents as "small sacrifices." The explosion shown in the cinematic easily could've killed a person or two, and considering how commonplace these crystals are, I'm quite surprised to see so many people support Valera and the Paladins. Frankly speaking, the most immediately utilitarian use of the crystals are the street lamps.
    Oof, you're assuming I'm arguing for Valera. I meant small sacrifices as in the assumption that the Magistrate killed people when confiscating crystals.
    >You
    >not being a Radical Esoteric Orthodox Christian Traditionalist Super-Society-Imperiumist
    why even live you spookee?

Level
    Achievements:
    Oof, you're assuming I'm arguing for Valera. I meant small sacrifices as in the assumption that the Magistrate killed people when confiscating crystals.
    I must be horribly mistaken; I apologize.
    Last edited by Harlequin98; 01-10-2018 at 07:44 AM.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Mind-blowing fact:

In the new map Magistrate's archives, on spawn, you can find Maeve's torn sleeve.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    That's cool ! I see that this is the same display case seen in Vivian's introduction cinematic. So Maeve stole a... Magical wig ?
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leraje View Post
    That's cool ! I see that this is the same display case seen in Vivian's introduction cinematic. So Maeve stole a... Magical wig ?
    According to text lore, she stole the magical coat from the Magistrate's fortress keep. Presumably, it was damaged while Maeve tried to escape.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    According to text lore, she stole the magical coat from the Magistrate's fortress keep. Presumably, it was damaged while Maeve tried to escape.
    I assumed the coat was a personnal bonus since it's refered in her lore as "a souvenir from one of her most daring burglaries" and the object in Vivian's cinematic that is missing IG was, I presume, the actual target for her client at the time.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalashaska87B View Post
    Just to summarize it:

The Magistrate:
    • Skye
    • Lian
    • Ash
    • Viktor
    • Buck
    • Vivian (not confirmed)
    • Terminus (revived as golem)

The Resistance:
    • Inara
    • Cassie
    • Tyra (after defection)
    • Barik
    • Ruckus (not confirmed)
    • Ying
    • Sha-Lin
    • Terminus (before being killed)
    • Willo (not confirmed)
    The others, like makoa, jenos, willo, grover, and seris have their own agendas
    zhin sides to both(probably, i think i read somewhere about making profits in war)

About torvald, while he is one of their vital crystal engineers/scholars. I think his weapon is more based on runes.

aside from his title "runic sage", i think his weapon his based on runes is because of jenos and talus voicelines with him.

Talus says something like "youre messing with powers that you don't know" and "that power, it doesn't belong to you"
    jenos says something about wisdom is not written in old texts but is written in the stars.

the common thing about those two is they both have powers based on runes.

side note: i think the reason the ska'drin are considered demons, is because of their natural ability to use runes, making them extremely powerful than the rest of the species and these runes of power are what torvald is after

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Mind-blowing fact:

In the new map Magistrate's archives, on spawn, you can find Maeve's torn sleeve.

could it be that its the reason why maeve ult isn't stable? like originally, the darkness could be toggled on and off but due to it being damage it now has a time limit?
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!