View Poll Results: Which side will you join?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Magistrate

153 33.12%
  • The Paladins/Resistance

309 66.88%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    What if Torvald, Viktor and Strix rebel, but without defecting, then ally themselves to Torvald to remove from the Magistrate every evil person?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Where's the opition to join the Thousand Hands? I don't care if the Imperials will explode the Stormcloaks-- I mean... If the Magistrate will eat the Paladins alive!!
    By the way, Jenos is not from neither sides. He's trying to make peace with a cosmic machine gun by his own. He don't give a damn thing to "mortal morals" on this war. He just fires on anything hostile and tries tomake everyone worship him kek
    Last edited by Omenya; 01-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Cmsaunli's personal Keeper.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Send a Support Ticket HERE!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCadre View Post
    First of all, please answer this question after you've watched the lore animation "A Realm Divided". If you haven't done so, here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrztEF5HmAs

Anyways, now we have the info we need about the Magistrate and the Paladins/Resistance. I want know guys, which side would you rather join? The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

For me, I'd join the Magistrate for two reasons. First my favorite champions are with it :P
    Second, the animation definitely shows us that none of the two sides are bad, but they have opposing views, but I feel that the Magistrate view is the right one. Why you ask?

Because for centuries, before this whole magic crystal mess, the Realm was thriving in prosperity and peace under the rule of the Magistrate. However, after these crystals emerged, some used them for quite destructive and evil acts, which prompted the Magistrate to declare that such power should not be wielded by commoners to prevent further destruction and preserve peace.
    The Paladins/Resistance on the other hand think that the Magistrate did this for his own gain and waged this war for such crystals in which they believe that such crystals would do even more progress, totally ignoring the fact that with such power may also come destruction.

I mean the Realm was already in good shape before the crystals emerged, so why want more? Worst part is that with this "more" comes destruction.
    So what do you guys think?
    Please add a Neutral option I am in between right now.
    Favorite Support: Ying ,Maldamba
    Favorite Flank: Maeve and Talus
    Favorite Damage: Strix Sha Lin
    Favorite FL: Terminus Ash

Forum Moderator Count HeidahnConrad's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    But in the Buck lore, he left the Magistrate as an elite fighting group and joined the Resistance:

Quote Originally Posted by Shalashaska87B View Post
    The Magistrate:
    • Buck (before)

The Resistance:
    • Buck (after)
    Not to derail much are there any updates with regards to lore from the new map?

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted?
    Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Want to submit a support ticket? Submit here

Thinking why the universe is infinite? I also wonder myself :v

Super Moderator Duke Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Hard to believe though that he would serve(!) the magistrate. Maybe he doesn't like what they did with Terminus. Or he is indeed following his own agenda to prevent abuse of the new crystal magic.
    I like to believe he's serving neither and just shooting the first to oppose him. His reason to fight however, no idea on that, "god works in mysterious ways", the irony here is Seris's reason makes more sense than his.
    Need help with Nando?

As a volenteer mod, I work on best judgement and I do not speak on behalf of Hirez Studios.

Please read the code of conduct before posting, thank you.

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive
    Magistre, limiting the use of weapons of mass destraction is logical.

Beta Player Recruit BrynjarThrym's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    I'm going for the magistrate. They just done what they had to so they can protect the people.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    Well, Pip's voicelines say that he is a mercenary, but the lore says otherwise.
    I wouldn't put too much creedence in the voice lines of older champions... Most of their original concept stories have changed (some very significantly) since Hi-Rez has started ironing out the lore details (e.g. the original concept for Bolt was he was made from a melted down sacred sword with the spirit of an ancient elvish king).

It wouldn't surprise me if they redo the voice lines for the older champions (particularly interactions with other champions).

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    For the moment, Magistrate...
    FOR THE MOMENT!

The objective is sensitive. New technology that might destroy the freaking world? NEEDS to be controlled.
    How to do it? Not by pillaging and killing...

The Resistance (NOT Paladins) sure are on a "Moral high ground"...
    But I don't feel they are really thinking about peace and safety with their "Let anyone have nukes" speech.
    Proud member of the
    I don't spam "Need Healing" when the support is actually trying to heal me and I get blasted by three opponents using caut
    club.

Great quotes compiled for your enjoyment
    Quote Originally Posted by Insizer View Post
    A team never wins the match because of a Support or Frontliner, but always losses the match because of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahen View Post
    Of course we flooded the chat with so much salt, the Dead Sea would have seemed distilled water compared to that.

Beta Player Baronet KebabCrusher's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Podostro View Post
    For the moment, Magistrate...
    FOR THE MOMENT!

The objective is sensitive. New technology that might destroy the freaking world? NEEDS to be controlled.
    How to do it? Not by pillaging and killing...

The Resistance (NOT Paladins) sure are on a "Moral high ground"...
    But I don't feel they are really thinking about peace and safety with their "Let anyone have nukes" speech.
    Iirc, all they did were ''raids''. The narrator mentioned it being ruthless but didn't go into detail, it's an unreliable narrator.
    Even so, taking the lives of 1/10000 (or whatever fraction) of the population to save 9/10 of the population is logical and simply being realistic IF that's what they did.
    >You
    >not being a Radical Esoteric Orthodox Christian Traditionalist Super-Society-Imperiumist
    why even live you spookee?