View Poll Results: Which side will you join?

Voters
574. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Magistrate

197 34.32%
  • The Paladins/Resistance

377 65.68%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

Khan and Ash are cool, Fernando is great and i like playing Torvald, but assuming i have to pick either, i can't deny Makoa.
    VVS Commiestrate.
    Koga: "You're already dead."
    Zhin: "What?!"

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    I would side with the Resistance, because the crystals are part of the realm and no one knows what's best for you. If the use of these crystals was outlawed, then criminals, especially the smart ones who are usually good at evading the law, would have the upper hand against the innocent. The champion version of me would be a super human created by crystal powered technology and enhanced by it in the form of a suit. My left arm would have the ability to morph into a crystal powered accurate rifle that fires magical spheres that hit their targets instantly but have high damage that distributes evenly to nearby secondary targets and excess killing blow damage would be dealt to a secondary target within its line of sight in the form of a smaller magical sphere which its size varies by how excess the damage was and still follows the principles of its mother. And the rifle would have a rate of fire close to Strix's and no reload. My right arm would be for healing myself for a duration but excess healing would be transferred to nearby ally champions that are in most need based on the missing percentage of their health. The champion version of me would be a tank with 5250 HP, average movement speed and secondary traits of a damage dealer and healer. If it's OP, then only the HP, average movement speed and abilities are retained while other stats are nerfed.

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Magistrate for me.
    Gold II |Mains:
    Frontlines:
    Fernando, Makoa, Ruckus
    Supports: Jenos, Grover
    Damage:Viktor, Willo, Tyra, Lian
    Flankers: Skye, Androxus

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCadre View Post
    First of all, please answer this question after you've watched the lore animation "A Realm Divided". If you haven't done so, here's the link:

Anyways, now we have the info we need about the Magistrate and the Paladins/Resistance. I want know guys, which side would you rather join? The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

For me, I'd join the Magistrate for two reasons. First my favorite champions are with it :P
    Second, the animation definitely shows us that none of the two sides are bad, but they have opposing views, but I feel that the Magistrate view is the right one. Why you ask?

Because for centuries, before this whole magic crystal mess, the Realm was thriving in prosperity and peace under the rule of the Magistrate. However, after these crystals emerged, some used them for quite destructive and evil acts, which prompted the Magistrate to declare that such power should not be wielded by commoners to prevent further destruction and preserve peace.
    The Paladins/Resistance on the other hand think that the Magistrate did this for his own gain and waged this war for such crystals in which they believe that such crystals would do even more progress, totally ignoring the fact that with such power may also come destruction.

I mean the Realm was already in good shape before the crystals emerged, so why want more that with this "more" comes destruction?
    So what do you guys think?

I agree for the most part, but part of me feels torn and understands why the Paladins would do what they do as well. I pick Magistrate because the last part you said about the crystals makes a lot of sense... And my champions too mostly are Magistrate. Especially my first mastered one.

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceSugoi View Post

I agree for the most part, but part of me feels torn and understands why the Paladins would do what they do as well. I pick Magistrate because the last part you said about the crystals makes a lot of sense... And my champions too mostly are Magistrate. Especially my first mastered one.
    The best analogy of the crystals with the real world is the Industrial Revolution. A whole new field of scientific discovery has been opened up and the world is embracing it. Annnd now the government bans coal. Everything comes to a grinding halt and the revolution ends, right? No, not even close.

Once a discovery has been made and publicized you can't get rid of it. It's there forever and you have to deal with the consequences of it. Trying to ban it out of existence isn't doing that and will result in people experimenting with this technology in secret. Far higher chance of accidents that way than if it were regulated but legal. Not to mention it's now being spread, more slowly but still happening.

The same thing would happen with crystals. Eventually the technology spreads to the point where, if the Magistrate's methods become too onerous, the people have all the tools they need to fight back. So even if the Paladins weren't a thing this would still happen. It's inevitable. Trying to suppress knowledge never works in the long run. Better to embrace it and regulate it to minimize accidents and abuses.

However, as the lore cinematic said, the Magistrate were afraid of losing their power. So they disregard reason and try to suppress crystals. Inevitably they will fail, and fall.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    The best analogy of the crystals with the real world is the Industrial Revolution. A whole new field of scientific discovery has been opened up and the world is embracing it. Annnd now the government bans coal. Everything comes to a grinding halt and the revolution ends, right? No, not even close.

Once a discovery has been made and publicized you can't get rid of it. It's there forever and you have to deal with the consequences of it. Trying to ban it out of existence isn't doing that and will result in people experimenting with this technology in secret. Far higher chance of accidents that way than if it were regulated but legal. Not to mention it's now being spread, more slowly but still happening.

The same thing would happen with crystals. Eventually the technology spreads to the point where, if the Magistrate's methods become too onerous, the people have all the tools they need to fight back. So even if the Paladins weren't a thing this would still happen. It's inevitable. Trying to suppress knowledge never works in the long run. Better to embrace it and regulate it to minimize accidents and abuses.

However, as the lore cinematic said, the Magistrate were afraid of losing their power. So they disregard reason and try to suppress crystals. Inevitably they will fail, and fall.
    You make a good point as well??? That's why it's like????? So hard to choose???? Honestly, though I went with Magistrate I'd probably have my own agenda and not work too much for them. Just light work and my own agenda. I guess that's why some champions haven't been truly assigned a side yet. They can't all realistically pick one side or another... That'd be so repetitive! Wish they had an official thread here that identifies which ones are in which and maybe why in a few words or a sentence. Because yes, there's bios but sometimes it's nice to have a chart already made and set out. I'd do it but I think all too often I assume stuff in literature so I'd probably not be the ideal one to make it.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    So we are just going to ignore the tags of this thread lol?
    #downwiththemagistrate

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Long live the Magistrate, my brothers.

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Magistrate ofcourse, beacuse Magistrate commands and I eradicate.
    Magistrate commands and I dont eradicate, I miss right click and shaterfall.

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Tbh I'm leaning more to Paladins/Resistance, but if we'll learn more about the two sides, maybe my views will change