View Poll Results: Which side will you join?

Voters
556. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Magistrate

190 34.17%
  • The Paladins/Resistance

366 65.83%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    So in recent story developments, HiRez intentionally sided the Magistrate as antagonists. I had once hoped that lore of Paladins would be a clash between conflicting philosophies instead of a boring battle between good and evil, but it seems like it rather took the course of the latter.

Now the debate is pointless in who is good and who is bad because a very clear picture is painted: the Magistrate are coldhearted assholes who would sacrifice citizens at random, and is stupid as well because doing so resulted in only bad instead of good. If that is the direction in which HiRez chose to portray the Magistrate, why is this thread even open anymore?
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Sacrificing a single person to safe a whole city is a hard but logical and moral decision. The magistrate as always just worked for the greater good to keep the people safe from dangerous evil magic. The people of Seris agreed to this and the girl accepted her fate to die for her people. The catastrophic outcome was not the fault of the magistrate. The magistrate will overcome the forces of evil and once the rebellion is defeated and the abyss sealed again the magistrate will restore peace and prosperity!

Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4
    Where is the cinematic video? Aka where seris is neutral and lex helped pip, and terminus got reanimated etc etc
    RESISTANCE SHOULD WIN!

RESISTANCE SHOULD WIN!!!

Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    So in recent story developments, HiRez intentionally sided the Magistrate as antagonists. I had once hoped that lore of Paladins would be a clash between conflicting philosophies instead of a boring battle between good and evil, but it seems like it rather took the course of the latter.

Now the debate is pointless in who is good and who is bad because a very clear picture is painted: the Magistrate are coldhearted assholes who would sacrifice citizens at random, and is stupid as well because doing so resulted in only bad instead of good. If that is the direction in which HiRez chose to portray the Magistrate, why is this thread even open anymore?
    The very first lore cinematic made it clear the Magistrate were the bad guys so I fully expect people to continue defending the Magistrate, despite it's unpopularity. Like this guy below. :P

Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Sacrificing a single person to safe a whole city is a hard but logical and moral decision. The magistrate as always just worked for the greater good to keep the people safe from dangerous evil magic. The people of Seris agreed to this and the girl accepted her fate to die for her people. The catastrophic outcome was not the fault of the magistrate. The magistrate will overcome the forces of evil and once the rebellion is defeated and the abyss sealed again the magistrate will restore peace and prosperity!
    Most people would argue that sacrificing your own people to maybe keep the rest of the city safe from some otherworldly evil entity is not an acceptable course of action. Why sacrifice the people you're supposed to protect to an unknown, dangerous entity who you don't even know if you can trust? And sure enough, they couldn't trust it. They made a very bad call that should have been an obvious bad call. And it's not even one person. It's one person per month/year/whatever time interval they use.

I know you'll continue to back the Magistrate since you ignored the evidence of the first lore video and are already twisting this one to suit your preconceived ideas again. Most here, however, will not. The poll has been there throughout and has always favored the Resistance 2-1.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    i honestly don't know what to think about this story especially with cinematic being confusing

but anyway i side with thousand hand guild (zhin)

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I was recently told, by a friend that I play with, that I play well with all the champions that have (or had) something to do with the Thousand Hands. I didn't even realize this till he mentioned it. I believe it is a sign.
    IGN: Notomi

I feel most comfortable playing as either support or frontline; though, I can play others.
    (Champions I can play in order from which I am most comfortable with to which I'm not)
    <3
    Supports: Furia, Ying, Jenos, Seris, Mal'Damba, Grohk, Pip
    Damage: Tyra, Viktor, Sha Lin, Lian, Vivian, Cassie, Kinessa
    Frontline: Ruckus, Makoa, Fernando, Ash, Barik, Torvald
    Flank: Zhin, Koga, Skye, Buck, Maeve

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Notomi View Post
    I was recently told, by a friend that I play with, that I play well with all the champions that have (or had) something to do with the Thousand Hands. I didn't even realize this till he mentioned it. I believe it is a sign.
    Isn't that clan is destroyed? that means you are a vigil, or like koga and are supporting the resistance?

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Most people would argue that sacrificing your own people to maybe keep the rest of the city safe from some otherworldly evil entity is not an acceptable course of action. Why sacrifice the people you're supposed to protect to an unknown, dangerous entity who you don't even know if you can trust?
    The princess which is sacrificed to the dragon to protect the people of the kingdom is a classic topic of fairy tales and usually the people of the kingdom are not depicted as evil cause they do this to survive. I find the changing of Terminus into an undead killer more questionable. At least the magistrate didn't sacrifice the girls to gain power. The outcome causes doubts about their competency what is a bit surprising indeed.

Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The princess which is sacrificed to the dragon to protect the people of the kingdom is a classic topic of fairy tales and usually the people of the kingdom are not depicted as evil cause they do this to survive. I find the changing of Terminus into an undead killer more questionable. At least the magistrate didn't sacrifice the girls to gain power. The outcome causes doubts about their competency what is a bit surprising indeed.
    Heh, citing fairy tales is not exactly an endorsement. A lot of bad stuff goes on in those, including much of what the 'heroes' do. Regardless, repeatedly sacrificing your own people is not good. Finding a way to fight the Abyss (or just moving away from the darn thing) is a much better alternative. Even if there are losses in the process it's better than a steady drain of lives from your community...forever...

What the Magistrate did to Terminus is definitely questionable, to say the least.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    You guys read some dark fairy tales in your child hood.
    The one i read always comes to an end of a hero killing the dragon and saving the princess becoming the prince, literally some skyrim level shit used to happen.