View Poll Results: Which side will you join?

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Magistrate

180 33.71%
  • The Paladins/Resistance

354 66.29%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KebabCrusher View Post
    What, killing is inherently evil? No such thing as righteous killing? No such thing as righteous slavery? Where did you even get these ideas from?
    So killing is fine? and slavery too?
    Even if someone is shooting at you and you shoot back, yes you are defending yourself, but this doesn't mean that if you kill someone you should be proud.
    Slavery CAN'T be righteous. slavery is an abomination, like genocide, and if i reason in absurd ways thank god i'm not like you.

Beta Player Baronet KebabCrusher's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zio_Xeno View Post
    So killing is fine? and slavery too?
    Even if someone is shooting at you and you shoot back, yes you are defending yourself, but this doesn't mean that if you kill someone you should be proud.
    Slavery CAN'T be righteous. slavery is an abomination, like genocide, and if i reason in absurd ways thank god i'm not like you.
    Who said anything about pride? Why can't I be content with myself that I defended myself or other people?
    I don't support slavery in our case, but we have yet to see the cases for slavery in Paladins. Nationalist arguments are much more obvious in fantasy words because people have stereotypes that aren't as strong today. What I'm saying is #notallx doesn't necessarily apply to fantasy worlds.
    >You
    >not being a Radical Esoteric Orthodox Christian Traditionalist Super-Society-Imperiumist
    why even live you spookee?

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Who said anything about pride? Why can't I be content with myself that I defended myself or other people?
    I don't support slavery in our case, but we have yet to see the cases for slavery in Paladins. Nationalist arguments are much more obvious in fantasy words because people have stereotypes that aren't as strong today. What I'm saying is #notallx doesn't necessarily apply to fantasy worlds.
    So in paladins slavery could be legit, because it's a fantasy world?

Level
    Achievements:
    Exactly. /20charlimit
    >You
    >not being a Radical Esoteric Orthodox Christian Traditionalist Super-Society-Imperiumist

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I will go with Resistance, because they are trying to bring something new that has more good potential then bad plus i dont have very good feeling about MAGISTRATE, they have already lost because always there will be one person that will use it so they wont have definitive victory.
    Name: IceLion19
    Level: 47
    Server: EU
    Main: Evie
    Favorite skin: Bewitching
    Favorite champs: Tyra, Evie, Maeve, Androxus, Viktor, Pip, Ying, Cassie
    Hated champs: Zhin, Lian

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    I understand the magistrate's pov, its cool to have all those powers the crystals offer, but the "government" cant take care of all this people with unlimited power, then it wouldn't be possible to have a system, no laws, no peace, no security, it could lead to complete chaos. Even tho most of the champs i like are part of the resistance, im all the way with the magistrate

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There's no point arguing with him, he legitimately likes autocracy, as you can see in this response to me from another thread:

Not an argument. We have learned from history that autocracy can be very good. Though, it is impossible to have a long-lasting Golden Age, autocracy is the best way about it. We have learned from history that oppression can work. Be more decisive, not vague.
    He drank the koolaid, man.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    There's no point arguing with him, he legitimately likes autocracy, as you can see in this response to me from another thread:

He drank the koolaid, man.
    I akschually don't believe in slavery myself but we have to be intellectually honest here. Though I am an unironic absolutist.
    >You

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Magistrate: Has Wallachia

Resistance: Doesn't have Wallachia

The choice should be obvious.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCadre View Post
    First of all, please answer this question after you've watched the lore animation "A Realm Divided". If you haven't done so, here's the link:

Anyways, now we have the info we need about the Magistrate and the Paladins/Resistance. I want know guys, which side would you rather join? The Magistrate or the Paladins/Resistance?

For me, I'd join the Magistrate for two reasons. First my favorite champions are with it :P
    Second, the animation definitely shows us that none of the two sides are bad, but they have opposing views, but I feel that the Magistrate view is the right one. Why you ask?

Because for centuries, before this whole magic crystal mess, the Realm was thriving in prosperity and peace under the rule of the Magistrate. However, after these crystals emerged, some used them for quite destructive and evil acts, which prompted the Magistrate to declare that such power should not be wielded by commoners to prevent further destruction and preserve peace.
    The Paladins/Resistance on the other hand think that the Magistrate did this for his own gain and waged this war for such crystals in which they believe that such crystals would do even more progress, totally ignoring the fact that with such power may also come destruction.

I mean the Realm was already in good shape before the crystals emerged, so why want more? Worst part is that with this "more" comes destruction.
    So what do you guys think?
    If they don't want crystals, give them me then, so i buy those damn skins for one time
    By the way, i'm not sure which part joining, since i got favourite champions on both the sides, and even in what i call the "neutral part" like Zhin's guild, but maybe i'd join Resistance. The epace was before, but then Magistrate tried to concentrate all the crystal's power in their hands.
    It's not a Paladins thing, but i hope they'll make a campaigin or a story mode. At least on another game maybe...