Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anybody else on the Magistrate's side on this one ?

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    Fair enough. But if so, wouldn't it be more sensible for the Paladins to fight against such criminals instead of an authority with much better intentions?
    I didn't think of that too.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Im on kinessa side $$$$ (?)
    Shazbot!
    Ob64...That just ain't right

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Fair enough. But if so, wouldn't it be more sensible for the Paladins to fight against such criminals instead of an authority with much better intentions?
    You know how this authority thing goes... dictatorship. Maybe they just want to remove Magistrate (before he becomes a dictator) to then focus on criminality
    However, history teaches us that usually populations group up to fight against dictators, more than against criminality. Or mafia would have gone since a hundred year...
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    You know how this authority thing goes... dictatorship. Maybe they just want to remove Magistrate (before he becomes a dictator) to then focus on criminality
    However, history teaches us that usually populations group up to fight against dictators, more than against criminality. Or mafia would have gone since a hundred year...
    Perhaps. But a full-scale war against the Magistrate seems like an unreasonably dramatic measure against a mere prohibition of crystals. As long as the crystals aren't an instantaneous cure for cancer or anything of the sort, I can't understand the motives behind such a blind rebellion. I suppose the Paladins really wanted their crystal-powered streetlamps. (Alright, that was obviously sarcasm but it does have a point.)
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Imagine a world where someone tells you "You cannot have electricity, because someone could do bad things with it, so I, the government, will use the electricity, but you all, the population, would be unable to have it", what would you do?
    I think I'll already have my kitchen knife ready...
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Imagine a world where someone tells you "You cannot have electricity, because someone could do bad things with it, so I, the government, will use the electricity, but you all, the population, would be unable to have it", what would you do?
    I think I'll already have my kitchen knife ready...
    I see it more like this: "someone harvested electricity and almost destroyed the world, since there's a lot of people in the world, let's regulate the usage of electricity so the nobles decide who will use it and who won't".

Also, I'm seeing a coincidnce here. In 1964, brazilian government was replaced by the military. They started claiming they did it for the people, and apparently they did, but as time passed they started to go rougher and rougher, until people got arrested for simply having an opinion against the government. This story on the Magistrate seems familiar.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    so the nobles decide who will use it and who won't".
    That's the point: why a random noble should decide about MY life, while s/he can still live with electricity? Not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    but as time passed they started to go rougher and rougher, until people got arrested for simply having an opinion against the government. This story on the Magistrate seems familiar.
    Yep, that's what I am referring to. Dictatorship always seem to raise for good reasons...
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Verbally protest?
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Politley protest?
    Sure, it has been proved incredibly efficient to fight tyranny! [sarcasm]
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    That's the point: why a random noble should decide about MY life, while s/he can still live with electricity? Not my cup of tea.
    But electricity is something natural in our world that have been harvested and distributed to people. If you stop to think about it, random people already decide about YOUR life, given that you use electricity on THEIR terms, you just think it's on yours. We have very little actual control over our commodities.

But still, in Paladins they are using magic crystals on technology, an advancement made by Barik, which means that he should be entitled to decide how to use it. From what it has been shown to us, he made something that gave people extreme amounts of power.