Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: January Rant Thread

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Because the exact same 99% of players also believe they are the absolute BEST of the game and downright REFUSE to improve. Rather, they will blame their team and refuse to keep playing, so in the end everyone goes down the hill while thinking they are never at fault.
    This has nothing to do with my question.
    Imagine a bag filled with marbles. If 99% of them are black and only 1% of them are white, if you pick 10 marbles, you are supposed to get 9 black and at best 1 white.
    So, if 99% of players are black marbles (ie: bad players, according to guru), why I keep finding only white marbles (ie: super high elo players, in this case masters and so on) in my game?
    It's a matter of statistics. Where the black marbles are?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    I'd blame matchmaking for that;

I wanted to get good and play WITH and AGAINST players around my own level of noobery,...
    but my team always get destroyed on the 1st round and i'm forced leave the match, as per not wasting any more time over this frustrating turn of events
    Let me understand... you throw your team's game, you never fight when you find a challenge... and you are wondering why you are not improving? Really? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by ArChie24 View Post
    After playin again yesterday, i almost got no rant because MM works fine yesterday (for me), while we all know that casual bound MM is sucks because elo reset, ranked actually worked yesterday
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/209345469 (not censored for you cannot check their elo, but still, no one here is shaming)
    One of my game, yesterday. I wonder why enemy team has people with almost 3500 elo, while the newbie with 1800 is in my team (ie: I am referring to "causal elo" of the normal game, so, the one that now is UNBOUND, but that has not been reset). Since there were only 2 parties of 2 people, why not splitting the others, in a way that the newbie can compensate the party of 3500x2?
    On top of that, the bug of dmg not registered, so that we were shooting in 3 against a single enemy and this was not taking dmg, full HP still there.
    Lost 4-0 in 5 min.

@Archie: yesterday I played ranked on secondary. I was the first pick and I usually pick for the team (since whatever healer is ok for me). The latest one asked to be healer, for s/he can play only healer.
    O.o
    I can play something else, but I am not even half good. I went for dmg Pip, because if the last one would not heal, at least I could compensate.
    They. Were. Monster.
    And we have no dmg, since, you know, if Seris heal, you are 4vs5. At least, she healed. Still, vs Kinessa+Zhin+Lian, my Pip was SO dead. I mean, I was able to kill 2 of them, but the 3rd always killed me.
    I have no fu**ing idea how we managed to win. Out of desperation, probably. But frankly, I still cannot understand why people go to ranked knowing to play only 2 champs, or using a champs for doing something else.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/209345469 (not censored for you cannot check their elo, but still, no one here is shaming)
    One of my game, yesterday. I wonder why enemy team has people with almost 3500 elo, while the newbie with 1800 is in my team (ie: I am referring to "causal elo" of the normal game, so, the one that now is UNBOUND, but that has not been reset). Since there were only 2 parties of 2 people, why not splitting the others, in a way that the newbie can compensate the party of 3500x2?
    On top of that, the bug of dmg not registered, so that we were shooting in 3 against a single enemy and this was not taking dmg, full HP still there.
    Lost 4-0 in 5 min.
    I'm never expect a good MM in bound mode now. Even when i go to bound casual yesterday for a warm-up, i got this:
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/209215743

Literally stomping the enemy. I feel bad for them as i'm practicing Ash and they can't even kill me even once, and i barely retreating because double support + luminary really helps me.

@Archie: yesterday I played ranked on secondary. I was the first pick and I usually pick for the team (since whatever healer is ok for me). The latest one asked to be healer, for s/he can play only healer.
    O.o
    I can play something else, but I am not even half good. I went for dmg Pip, because if the last one would not heal, at least I could compensate.
    They. Were. Monster.
    And we have no dmg, since, you know, if Seris heal, you are 4vs5. At least, she healed. Still, vs Kinessa+Zhin+Lian, my Pip was SO dead. I mean, I was able to kill 2 of them, but the 3rd always killed me.
    I have no fu**ing idea how we managed to win. Out of desperation, probably. But frankly, I still cannot understand why people go to ranked knowing to play only 2 champs, or using a champs for doing something else.
    I used to have friend online like this. He only play Jenos (in ranked) and never want to play anything else, so me and other friend just like "okay, fine at least we always got supp so we can flex on play other roles" and after CU patch hit, this Jenos guy didn't want to play jenos anymore because the nerf and when i ask "what you gonna play?" and this guy said "vivian"..... and insta lock vivian even when enemy got bk and zhin......... and i'm speechless having ranked friend like this.
    Remember why we play a game..

Is to have FUN

BUFF SEA SERVER, DAMMIT!

Inviting to those who want to be a part of the community in Paladins SEA community in Discord so that we can play some custom games to improve our play! https://discord.gg/H7y75mg

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Imagine a bag filled with marbles. If 99% of them are black and only 1% of them are white, if you pick 10 marbles, you are supposed to get 9 black and at best 1 white.
    So, if 99% of players are black marbles (ie: bad players, according to guru), why I keep finding only white marbles (ie: super high elo players, in this case masters and so on) in my game?
    Because its a bad analogy as MM isnt random ^^

In this case lets say there are 9000 black marbles and 1000 white marbles (using 90/10 because its easier), once you become yourself a "white marble", there are now 2 bags, black on one hand and white on the other, then the MM pick 8-9 times in the white bag and 1-0 times in the black one, therefore you play vs 99% to 100% white marbles (good players) and supposedly with good players in your team too. IF the MM was truely random you'd have indeed easier games more often once you are yourself above the "median skill MMR", but it is not the case as the MM test you in the so called "various situations", which in reality can be translated as "Lets see how much you can carry" because in reality from various observation, the MM tend to pick in the white bag only for your opponents and in a random mix of white and black bag for your teammates, ergo, you are fucked up teammate wise more often than not, ergo this is rigged, but they'll still deny it from all their heart.

Cheers.
    Last edited by EpplZ; 01-30-2018 at 03:40 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I'm never expect a good MM in bound mode now. Even when i go to bound casual yesterday for a warm-up, i got this:
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/209215743
    What the hell level 6 and 9 players were doing there? O.o And 17. And 24! I mean, below level 30, you play ONLY with below level 30 players!

He only play Jenos (in ranked) and never want to play anything else
    And what if enemy gets Jenos?

Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    Because its a bad analogy as MM isnt random ^^
    Considering I am always paired against Masters and Grandmasters, if it isn't random, then it's sadistic. :-/

the MM tend to pick in the white bag only for your opponents and in a random mix of white and black bag for your teammates, ergo, you are fucked up teammate wise more often than not, ergo this is rigged, but they'll still deny it from all their heart.
    So, I was right: it is sadistic. The point is, why other team doesn't have idiots on their side?
    PS: please, send me your address. I have to ship a triple chocolate cake for this explanation. u.u
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    What the hell level 6 and 9 players were doing there? O.o And 17. And 24! I mean, below level 30, you play ONLY with below level 30 players!
    Yup, that's why i say i not expecting a good match-up now in bound, that's why i'm rarely play bound, i prefer onslaught because lately i don't have a lot of time to play.

And what if enemy gets Jenos?
    I remember i always pick jenos for him, because he's stubborn person.
    Remember why we play a game..

Is to have FUN

BUFF SEA SERVER, DAMMIT!

Inviting to those who want to be a part of the community in Paladins SEA community in Discord so that we can play some custom games to improve our play! https://discord.gg/H7y75mg

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    So, I was right: it is sadistic. The point is, why other team doesn't have idiots on their side?
    PS: please, send me your address. I have to ship a triple chocolate cake for this explanation. u.u
    Thing is they also have idiots on their team but either :

1: they party with other high end players to smooth the "black marble effect" and continue to win even when the game is "rigged" against them (ie : when the odds of them losing the game are greater than the odds of them winning)

2 : They are such good players that they can carry alone no matter what team they do end up with (such players do exists, althought they represent 0.0001% of the playerbase imo)

This is how you end up with 60%+ Win / lose ratio, or you smurf, I was at 65%+ both in ranked and casual with my smurf and ended up master for a very short time before I quit, simply by playing "hard carry" champions I was good with (makoa / torvald / BK / Shalin) and winning my provisionals.

I think the main problem (as in many games I played) ARE the statistics themselves, when you play a casual game WITHOUT any stat site to show your progression, MMR, KDR, WLR etc etc, you really do play for fun, I became 100% more salty in paladins once i discovered guru, simply because it became an obsession to "be better each day", while it can be a decent goal to achieve better result and a general progression, becoming obsessed by stats made me forget about the "fun" any game should provide, this plus the direction paladins went and *poof* Epplz out ^^

See, I'm playing Warthunder now, never played any war related game before (except for vehicles in BF and ETQW but still, no simulation whatsoever), I'm doing kinda "meh" in this game because I dont know all the tactics yet and there are so many (especially in planes), but I really dont give a fuck about losing there, I play for fun, found some squadmates to play with and we try to do crazy stunts or whatever even when we are clearly dominated by the other teams, we just have fun, period, and while I do think Warthunder is not my "niche game" AND is inferior in many aspects to paladins, the only fact that I have such fun in it make it more enjoyable for me, and the grind is HUUUGE in warthunder, but it doesnt bother me because there is a sense of achievement.

Cheers.

Level
    Achievements:
    I remember i always pick jenos for him, because he's stubborn person.
    I play all supports. No matter what. All of them. Send a line, if you need.

1: they party with other high end players to smooth the "black marble effect" and continue to win even when the game is "rigged" against them (ie : when the odds of them losing the game are greater than the odds of them winning)
    I thought MM should compensate for parties. I mean, whenever I am in a 4 party, I got Grandmaster enemies. Instead, they are 5 masters in party and we are gold. :-/

simply by playing "hard carry" champions I was good with (makoa / torvald / BK / Shalin) and winning my provisionals.
    It's hard to carry as a healer :-/

[QUOTE=EpplZ;444006]I think the main problem (as in many games I played) ARE the statistics themselves, when you play a casual game WITHOUT an

Well, in case you would decide to try a game or two in the new patches, send a line. I'd like very much to party again with you. Also with Grohk, if needed :-D
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Masters and so on are not really super high elo plateyers, because ranked elo =/= casual elo, unless you are speaking about ranked matches.

But regardless, if you are speaking of ranked elo, think of this. What if a white marble is glued to a black marble, i.e, masters are partying with low elo players? I can tell you at least 3 different tricks a master can use to farm freelo on lowbies.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Masters and so on are not really super high elo plateyers, because ranked elo =/= casual elo, unless you are speaking about ranked matches.
    I've checked their casual elo. And even if guru is not MMR, we all know it's quite ac

I can tell you at least 3 different tricks a master can use to farm freelo on lowbies.
    Please, tell me. Because I had to create a smurf to play with my newbie friend. Even if she's level 22, we got paired with super monsters!
    So, no, I can't understand how it is that I (average player) get matched against masters, even if I play with a bad player with 22 levels, why they (super players) are able to face only noobs.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I had 3 player who didn't join and finally when I got a match, one player didn't make a selection. But they say fifth is a charm.
    I hate Cards Unbound.

Bring Nando's face back!