Thread: Champion Concept - Neil / Flank

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Champion Concept - Neil / Flank

Neil, member of the Thousand Hands guild has shown his worth and loyalty on many stages. His skill with shurikens has given is renown in the whole realm. In once of his more hard fights Neil, after defeating his enemy, got a powerful bracelet that grants him of magnetic power which he uses to control his ninja stars. Rumors say that even Lian is interested on his skills, or maybe she just wants his bracelet.

INFO
    Name: Neil - Lian's boyfriend
    Health: 1800
    Role: Flank

Primary Fire - Shurikens: Neil Throws a shuriken every 0.75s dealing 700 dmg. Neil can hold for up to 1.25s to CRACK his shuriken by using his bracelet's power.

-1.5s reload time. 6 ammo.
    - The shurikens stay nailed in the location they land for 8s. When Neil steps on a shuriken he grabs it up to gain 1 ammo.
    - When Neil reloads, he uses his bracelet to return all his shurikens back dealing 75 dmg each to enemies in their way. If they hit an wall while returning, they get destroyed.
    - If shurikens land on an enemy or a wall, they drop to the ground within 3s.

- CRACKED shurikens bounce once and split into 3 pieces if they hit a wall or ground, dealing 400 dmg each. Those pieces last for 3s and they can be returned after reloading.

Passive:
    -Neil can step on a shuriken/s nailed on a wall to be able to nail climbing, he can use multiple shurikens to increase the distance. He uses his knife as support, being able to stay on the wall for a short time.
    Alt-fire - Magnetic Knife: Neil throw a magnetic knife that attract any shuriken or piece of shuriken within 50ft of its trajectory dealing 75dmg each. Magnetic Knife deals 700 dmg, pierce enemies and it returns like a shuriken as well.
    14s CD

1st Ability - Body Replacement: Neil uses his bracelet for 1.5s to absorb up to 2500 damage. If at the end of this ability you have absorbed between 500 and 2499 damage, you can swap place with one of your nearby shurikens.
    15s CD

2nd Ability - Static Field: Dash a short distance and expand energy from your body that increases your movement speed by 100% but it decreases over time. Within the next 3s if any nearby enemy uses a movement ability you can reactivate this ability to be pushed a short distance in the direction of that enemy.
    8s CD

Ultimate Ability - Rain of Stars: Throw a knife that after 1s attracks you (using your bracelet). Then you throw 30 shurikens within 1.5s that deal 75dmg each and nail in the ground for 3s. If you get a kill, you can throw 5 more skurikens.

Legendary Cards:
    1- You can activate your ultimate at 60%, but you will throw only 5 shurikens and get 10 shurikens when getting a kill.

2- Activating Body Replacement removes CC (also gain cc inmunity). Also, the shuriken becomes cracked, bounces and splits into 3 pieces when it drops to the ground, dealing 400dmg to enemies near the location where Neil was.
    - 120° distance between each.

3- Now you throw 2 shurikens instead. They deal 400 damage each. They split into 2 piece each other if they are cracked.

4- Gain 25% damage reduction for 1s when reloading. Also gain up to 30% damage reduction base on the streak of enemy (6% each).

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Eh, seems a bit too similar to Maeve due to them sharing primary weapons. maybe some of his primary weapon concepts could be incorporated, such as being able to pick up your knives, but I'd give this character his own weapon to make him stand out better, such as maybe repkacing his knives with shurikens.
    Like trickster characters like Rumplestiltskin? check out Fizziwigskin and help me come up with a better name! http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...-the-trickster
    Like centaurs? check out Ippos! http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post428584
    like minotaurs? check out Tormbre: http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?66766-Champion-Idea-Tormbre-the-Minotaur

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaId View Post
    Neil has a bracelet that grants him of magnetic power which he uses to control his knives/daggers/kunai/Ninja Stars.
    I really haven't decided what type of weapon he could throw. But Ninja Stars or shurikens are ok. thanks.

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I had a similar champion idea where he wields a spear as his main weapon, and he has the ability to throw it. the similarity is that he can call back the spear to him, and can also deal damage on the way back

another is that he also throws tiny weapons
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRick1996 View Post
    I had a similar champion idea
    That's because this mechanic is interesting.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    So, let me ask you one thing about this concept of yours, Neil...

...is he Young?

*runs*
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    So, let me ask you one thing about this concept of yours, Neil...

...is he Young?

*runs*
    I only know that Lian does not stop saying his name

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Pretty good concept. Ninja-esque characters tend to be boring in general, but this seems just fine. I did find some issues, however. First, the reloading seems quite awkward. I really like the idea of recollecting the shurikens, but I think the damage they deal is too inconsistent for any use, especially when Neil is a flank and would most likely be repositioning himself frequently. My personal suggestion is to change them so that they are able to travel through walls so that a 100% recall rate is guaranteed, and they should deal at least 100 damage as well. Also, I'm not sure if I like the F, which seems very uninteresting compared to other abilities.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    My personal suggestion is to change them so that they are able to travel through walls so that a 100% recall rate is guaranteed, and they should deal at least 100 damage as well. Also, I'm not sure if I like the F, which seems very uninteresting compared to other abilities.
    Thank for taking your time and reply.

You are right about he F ability. I have completely reworked.
    Now I notice that 50dmg is too low. I have increased its damage from 50 to 75. I think 75 is ok because his RMB and ult will deal to much damage.
    I think that if the shuriken could pass through walls that will be frustrating. But instead I will let them pass through enemies.
    He can also use this as a Seris Q.

I made a cap in body replacement's shield because Neil, as a flank, is a solo fighter (1v1).

Beta Player Viscount TyrantCrimson's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaId View Post
    Fine, we have Koga, now lets have Neil.
    I really hope you're not serious
    I make champion concepts. sue me.

TAKE A GANDER!