Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Improve your Bussiness Model and Forget About OB64 HIREZ?

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester

How to Improve your Bussiness Model and Forget About OB64 HIREZ?

So this is the ultimate thread in order to improve the general conditions of the games financially talking. My goal with this is to help you improve your game by changing your bussiness model and increasing revenue, while gaining more popularity. Let´s beguin with this and i expect you (President of Hirez) enjoy this one thread of mine:

Bugs Treatment and Balancing (POLISHING THE PRODUCT)

This is the fist and must important part of the thread, because in order to earn money you must put your cards on the table and offer a great product with a lot of value. So the first step it´s a solid Bugs Treatment and Balacing 3 month period.

In order to fix all the bugs and inbalances you have to change the schedule of the patch realising; so, now you will realise only one ultra-patch per month. But you´ll need a lot of bugs information, opening a forum specific part for that bugs special treatment will be the way to go.

The second part of the Polishing is the Balancing. Just take a littler bit of money and take a lot of guys like Kamivs and Joshino (and other content creators) to your headquarters to try out the new changes and balancing ideas by first hand and give you the direct feedback. Also increase de PTS duration to half a month, so PTS guys could give your the correct and deep feedback you´ll need.

The last part of the Bugs Treatment and Balancing is the champions cards and new champions patches or changes. During this 3 month you will be making revisions on all of the cards and you´ll stop showing up more champions, so you are going to be able to balance the ones you got right now. With this one part the original 12-points-cards system can stay.

Game Official Announcement

After this 3 months period of bugs fixes and balancing, you have to take 1 month of full propaganda and marketing working in order to launch this game as a full game, so you got to change the way you monetize it. For this marketing plans you need someone with more expertise than your current marketing and public relations team, so i suggest that you hire experts like Jurgen Klaric; that´s really the kind of marketing you need, one based on neuroscience and a more aggresive marketing strategy. Your new bussiness model will have this basic principles:

1. An initial 10 dollars fee for being able to play the game.
    2. Reduce the cost of your packages (dlc - champions packs) by 80%.
    3. Make a direct skin buying system (with reasonable princing).
    4. Reduce the cost of crystals and loot boxes, so every box will be only 1 dollar.
    5. Reduce the cost of all champions, increase the gold players can get, and make cards only obtainable with gold (at reduced prices of course).
    6. Reduce the current amount of cards by 25% (easier balances for you)
    7. 2 different bussiness models for your two different markets. One for us and one for China.

Forum Changes and More Communication with the Community

Triple your community management team and speak with Vbulletin to improve the forum experience. The fist thing is as simple as the art of eating a cake, you upgrade this department within you with more people and fix the way the forums are organised. Also move all your focus to only 3 communications outleds: Twich, Youtube and This Forums.

Starting from now be more vocal and direct with the community about this changes and all the things related with this game. We live in a word shaped using propaganda, marketing, communication, and information: Just use these 4 things, guys.

Be Aggresive with Marketing

Be aggresive with your marketing strategies, because everybody shall need, desire and kill in order to being able to play Paladins. This point will be the easiest of all (because you´ve got a good advicer on Jurgen Klaric and other people like me). So, design a good marketing strategy with 4 special events (1 for each season) and other 3 special scheduled events. This events shall bring 1 champion (so new champions will only be launch on events, having a lot of time for testing and balancing them before their official presentation) for event and 2 skins per champions. This is the way to organise your events:

1. Spring Event (seasons)
    2. San Valentine Event
    3. Summer Event (seasons)
    4. Back to School-RockandRoll Crossover Event
    5. Autumn Event (seasons)
    6. A Random Event
    7. Christmas-Winter Event (seasons)

Let´s Compite Directly with Overwacht and other Multiplayer Games (Giving Value within Paladins)

A big part of the new organizational image you need to show to everybody with your new marketing strategy must put you on the same level of Overwacht and other big multiplayer games as COD or LOL. 3 easy steps for this part:
    1. Triple your money investment on the servers; reduce ping and lag.
    2. Marketing, more marketing and more marketing (focus and neuromarketing driven marketing of course)
    3. Add more value to Paladins; other words, make Paladins the most satisfying experience out there.

Make a Comparative Financial Audit and a Operative Audit

1. With the first one you will see the impact of all these ideas on your financial statements; so, make one at the start of this travel and one after a year and see the results.
    2. The Operative Audit will help you with (money and human) resources allocation, and also with internal controls over those resources. Remember, less is more, and more sometimes is less.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 7 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    ...Wow this is rather impressive, I would say this is what Hi-Rez needs. they likely will ignore this but good on you for showing passion and love for the game with this.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Question. I don't know anything of economy strategies, so... how are they supposed to earn more money than now, if they lower the price of each pack of 80%, the price of chests, crystals and so on...?
    I'd add another thing. The game is up due to the veterans paying for it in the last years. If you now lower so much all the prices, the people that had bought things before (aka: also me) would feel betrayed and fooled.
    So, which is the good news for the veterans that had already spend a good amount of money, and now they see all those money wasted?
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Question. I don't know anything of economy strategies, so... how are they supposed to earn more money than now, if they lower the price of each pack of 80%, the price of chests, crystals and so on...?
    I'd add another thing. The game is up due to the veterans paying for it in the last years. If you now lower so much all the prices, the people that had bought things before (aka: also me) would feel betrayed and fooled.
    So, which is the good news for the veterans that had already spend a good amount of money, and now they see all those money wasted?
    veteran are useless if not for some pubblicity, sell a lower price to more people is better than sell a lot to only few, plus if veteran get triggeret over this... jesus grow up already.
    plus the game already fuk us up so who really care, if do that can save the game and make it less greedy and impossible to grind if not spending money, is ok for me.

but for thel "lower the price get more money"

sell 20 dollar founder pack, 100 player will buy it
    sell 5 dollar founder pack, 1000 player will buy it

in the end of the day they can get more money with lower price, after all they spend nothing for create a founder pack and sell it, so is all income. Is not like a restorant who need to buy food then sell it after they pay someone for cook it, so they have to sell the foor for more, hi rez dont' spend for the founder pack so even if they lower the price they're not gonna lose money.
    and this can be put on every other stuf sell for real money.
    Lie to your playbase is the best way for killing it, hide the reason is the same because you keep the truth hide from the player.
    the best way to end this and don't lose more fanbase is to say the truth, sound weird but being honest is actually better, just say why the OB64 NEED to come out already, if is for an other reasone from pure greedy, maybe people will take it less badly?
    Champ Main
    Tanks: Inara
    Flank: Androxus
    Damage: Kinessa
    Support: Ying

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayhuma View Post
    veteran are useless if not for some pubblicity,
    The random guy playing the game for just a week has far less chances to spend money on it. The veteran, that played for years, keep spending money for supporting a game s/he's fond of. Customer loyalty: also TheSims2 has it. ;-)
    If not, then HiRez did a great job with OB64. Who cares about community and veterans, since they can fool the new players...

plus if veteran get triggeret over this... jesus grow up already.
    So, if today you buy a car at full price (let's say 25k $) just to discover tomorrow that you could had paid it only 15k, you aren't pissed off. Interesting to know. You call this "grow up already", I call this "not be fooled".
    I think I can be your mother, by the way... that's maybe the reason. I don't have daddy and mummy paying for me, so I know the value of money.

Just remember: an unhappy customer is not only someone that would never ever give you money. It is also someone that spread the info about how bad you have behaved. ;-)
    Or do you really think Amazon spends so many money to have the best customer care in the world just for the sake of kindness?
    I've finally found it!

They read it! >>>here<<<

Level
    Achievements:
    The random guy playing the game for just a week has far less chances to spend money on it. The veteran, that played for years, keep spending money for supporting a game s/he's fond of. Customer loyalty: also TheSims2 has it. ;-)
    If not, then HiRez did a great job with OB64. Who cares about community and veterans, since they can fool the new players...

So, if today you buy a car at full price (let's say 25k $) just to discover tomorrow that you could had paid it only 15k, you aren't pissed off. Interesting to know. You call this "grow up already", I call this "not be fooled".
    I think I can be your mother, by the way... that's maybe the reason. I don't have daddy and mummy paying for me, so I know the value of money.

Just remember: an unhappy customer is not only someone that would never ever give you money. It is also someone that spread the info about how bad you have behaved. ;-)
    Or do you really think Amazon spends so many money to have the best customer care in the world just for the sake of kindness?
    if i buy a car i know that piece of crap is gonna cost less after 2 month, is quite normal actually.
    the veteran don't spend so much money for look cool like new player do if the price is low, and this is just how is it, look warframe, full price not so many people buy plat, but when the discount come people spend even 20 dollars for that.

this is how business work and is the best way for have free a good fanbase... ( free publicity from a lot of player, not only some veteran, and this is good for steam and the review) simple but efficient
    Lie to your playbase is the best way for killing it, hide the reason is the same because you keep the truth hide from the player.
    the best way to end this and don't lose more fanbase is to say the truth, sound weird but being honest is actually better, just say why the OB64 NEED to come out already, if is for an other reasone from pure greedy, maybe people will take it less badly?
    Champ Main

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    if i buy a car i know that piece of crap is gonna cost less after 2 month, is quite normal actually.
    1) pixels don't undergo any depreciation due to obsolescence.
    2) we're not saying that you're paying 500$ less after 2 months, we are saying that you pay 80% less of the car price after 2 days. In my Country there are laws to avoid that: if you pay something "not enough" for what you are getting, you are accused of fencing! :-D

I am not saying an aggressive marketing would not work. What I am saying is that you can't spit in the face 70% of your player base, just like OB64 did, thinking there would be no consequences. Just think about no retroactive champion chests. I can assure you that, with all the shit mountain this patch is, this is the thing that most is pissing me off. I was hoping for fixes, for tweaking, for whatever. But as soon as I've read that, I went crazy.

I have supported the game for a year and you are spitting in my face? Good luck, HiRez, in getting my money again... (and I've brought 7 friends in the game with me. Guess what they think now?)
    I've finally found it!

They read it! >>>here<<<

Level
    Achievements:
    1) pixels don't undergo any depreciation due to obsolescence.
    2) we're not saying that you're paying 500$ less after 2 months, we are saying that you pay 80% less of the car price after 2 days. In my Country there are laws to avoid that: if you pay something "not enough" for what you are getting, you are accused of fencing! :-D

I am not saying an aggressive marketing would not work. What I am saying is that you can't spit in the face 70% of your player base, just like OB64 did, thinking there would be no consequences. Just think about no retroactive champion chests. I can assure you that, with all the shit mountain this patch is, this is the thing that most is pissing me off. I was hoping for fixes, for tweaking, for whatever. But as soon as I've read that, I went crazy.

I have supported the game for a year and you are spitting in my face? Good luck, HiRez, in getting my money again... (and I've brought 7 friends in the game with me. Guess what they think now?)
    you got some good point but lost the more important one.
    money, after ob64 you should understand how much fuk they give 'bout us, so if they want money more than kill the game and shet on everyone face is better annoy some veteran but make the game less expensive and make more easy to grind.

more happy player more money and ecc...
    Champ Main

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I am not saying they are concerned about us or they even remotely care. I am commenting the first post about what actions should be done to gain more money. I do not think that spitting in the face of veterans is a good action, just this.
    Adding some rewards for veterans (not in the form of P2W, but in the form of titles and cosmetic that only veterans could have) is an incentive to keep playing. And something new players can "envy", so to be stimulated to stay in the game longer.
    As for mobile operators, I think that ignoring veterans is one of the worst problems in recent marketing.
    I've finally found it!

They read it! >>>here<<<

Level
    Achievements:
    I am not saying they are concerned about us or they even remotely care. I am commenting the first post about what actions should be done to gain more money. I do not think that spitting in the face of veterans is a good action, just this.
    Adding some rewards for veterans (not in the form of P2W, but in the form of titles and cosmetic that only veterans could have) is an incentive to keep playing. And something new players can "envy", so to be stimulated to stay in the game longer.
    As for mobile operators, I think that ignoring veterans is one of the worst problems in recent marketing.
    that's basic nothing new actually on warframe new player have problem for get cosmetic but veteran can get them easy, but here put free skin.... meh how you divide veteran reward from newbie?
    you can't, paladins overwatch ecc... are not deep game like warframe, you can't really do that.
    better sacrifice some veteran ( and i doubt we gonna complain too much if is good for the game, after all spend money dosn't mean nothing is still a beta so change are normal, i believe you know what i mean)

but ... honestly what's even the point of talking about this... like somenthing gonna change
    Champ Main