View Poll Results: Would you pay for supporting the game and avoiding OB64?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to pay the monthly fee for supporting the game

9 10.34%
  • Yes, but only if it includes other things (special maps, game modes...)

7 8.05%
  • Yes, and I'd also pay for some cosmetic

5 5.75%
  • Don't know

7 8.05%
  • No, but I would pay for cosmetic contents or similar

43 49.43%
  • No, I would never pay a dime for playing

16 18.39%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay a montly fee for avoiding OB64?

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Short answer. No, I change games very fast as I get bored from them, so I cannot adapt to monthly fees. But that is not the real issue, the issue is a game two years in test phase still has a lot of bugs (and new ones showing up without old ones being resolved), unbalanced gameplay, and a ludicrous economy that will get only worse.
    "Don't ask for a tank, be the tank."

Yxanthymir

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    So, summarizing the answers till now, the general trend is:

"I'd have no problems in paying them somehow, but after seeing the mess of OB64 I do not trust them anymore. Aka: I'd pay, if the game would be guaranteed to have a direction I like, but seeing all these changes that simply destroy the original concept of the game, I do not trust HiRez enough to gave it my money."

Am I wrong?
    Not wrong, but also not right. This isn't just a problem with the overall direction but a whole bunch of issues. Even if I was 100% on board with where Hi-rez is taking the game, there are simply too many other problems the game has. Matchmaking, bugs, game stability, performance, champion balancing... those all are problems the game has and all of them have been ignored by Hi-rez for a very long time now. To pay them monthly they would first have to prove that they can tackle all of this responsively(e.g they wont need 3 patches to add damage fall off to Torvald, or fix the quest system).

The fact they have been making a lot of "questionable" decisions with the game isn't so much the crux of the issue as much as it is the final nail in the coffin.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Spend over 400 euro on myself on paladins, 300 euro for my brother.

80 for my friend.

I've spend my fair share on smite aswell, i doubt they have money problems.

So i voted for the cosmetic ones, i'm a collector and will keep spending money on collections.
    Use your heart as an anchor, it kept you alive when even your own brain was against you.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    I paid for a game in beta once, Champions Online, but it was for a...um...very good reason.
    I admit i payed Mechwarrior online, damn game was uplayable without mech bays.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    So, summarizing the answers till now, the general trend is:

"I'd have no problems in paying them somehow, but after seeing the mess of OB64 I do not trust them anymore. Aka: I'd pay, if the game would be guaranteed to have a direction I like, but seeing all these changes that simply destroy the original concept of the game, I do not trust HiRez enough to gave it my money."

Am I wrong?
    Spot on.
    Quick Play Queue is new mode replacing Casual Queue. In this Queue the player can build a deck with no point-limit using the Cards he or she has acquired. Up to five Level 10 cards can be used in a loadout.
    I guess this is still a thing, I am not angry, i am just sad. I could adapt to stupid Balance changes, the horrible grind, the 3rd person camera and the bugs but not this. The card customization was everything for me.

Bye paladins, it was fun while it lasted, you will be missed. :'(

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    i wouldnt pay. its hard enough in this world to pay bills why would i pay to play a game that is allready free to play.

id rather see the update go though and keep playing for free. then have them change the game by makeing it pay to play.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinn View Post
    i wouldnt pay. its hard enough in this world to pay bills why would i pay to play a game that is allready free to play.
    Well, the game costs and Devs need to eat. The game is "free" in the sense that you aren't forced to pay for playing it, but the fact is that the game would stay live only till there is someone who pays for servers and Devs. :-/
    Usually, when you like a game, you also want to support it, in order for you to be able to keep playing.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I haven't paid any money for the game yet, since there is nothing I am interested in. I "bought" voices and emotes and cards, but I had enough gold/essence to pay what I wanted without spending money. I have no interest in skins. I would pay a small fee of 5-10$ a month for playing this. Or maybe even for voices/emotes if that would be the only way to get them.

P.S.
    In fact it's more fun for me to grind champions etc. than to buy them.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    well i was totally into the VIP store before they removed all the good stuff from it, and before OB63 patch notes show

at first i didnt like the idea of VIP store, because of its precedent .. but it WAS actually a good deal and felt legit deal once i looked into it more and became part of it and seen how it is

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I didn't read all posts here but my opinion is simple: I'd pay for supporting the game ONLY IF Hi-Rez really commits to improve the game, instead rushing new patches with a lot of bugs, improve overall GPU/CPU performance (this game doesn't have any optimization at all) and, most important, stop making this game brainless and easier to play by nerfing mobility and increasing damage.

Good old days when you had to aim properly and have skills to play well with Cassie, Androxus, Evie, Mal'damba, etc.. Now you just can pick Vivian, hold LMB and shoot everything that moves, having high HP + personal shield + wall hack + lots of ammo + outrageous DPS.

This new "philosophy" of making the game easier to play is killing the game itself. Since I don't agree with this at all, I'd NOT pay a monthly fee for supporting the game.

P.S.: I already spent over US$ 70 only to help to support this game. But if I knew this game would become this ****, I honestly never would pay a dime.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Thanks, guys, for your answers. I think the direction is clear. People are happy to support a game leading to the right direction. Since this game is leading to a crevasse, people don't want to spend.
    I keep wondering how HiRez can think that OB64 would make them earn more money... :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link