Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Champions not playing their roles?

Member Sovereign Prince KusiKissa's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    No wonder paladins has become shit
    If hi rez keeps going this way only players left will be casuals and console players...

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Firstly about picking champions... I quite often see someone stressing over what roles are missing in a team and what isn't. If you're playing casual/training you can find these... people.. that pick their favorite dmg/flanker in 0.5 miliseconds then consistently pester the rest of the team (hypocritical IMO) to play the "boring" roles of support and god forbid - frontline is like the plague and noone wants the responsibility. If you want your team to be balanced, you should be flexible as well or not be so uptight in matches that don't matter as much.

Then come the actual matches. There should be a tutorial on payload and siege, cause i've ran into some pretty clueless people out there.

Here is an example of a Report-Vs-Report.
    Something i rarely do is report someone, but felt the need to, when in a siege... a flanker insulted me throughout the whole match for not running after him and healing him on his vanity hunts, but you see i was instead claiming the objective, pushing the payload and protecting myself from sneaky flankers while the rest of the team was doing god knows what. (i know providing a safe trip with complete spawn control and shutting down the enemy is a valid strategy, but they weren't doing even that properly). I mean we have VGS, the game tells you what you need to do, and i did not hear announcer giving the "Kill as many possible enemies to win" objective prompt.
    So who is wrong in this case? Should i have abandoned the objective/payload and gone to heal players that don't know the mechanics of a siege match who are stuck in an endless slaughter, just cause my "role" is support and we had no frontline to do it?! Even if that's the case and i was wrong to follow the mechanics, do i deserve to have my intelligence insulted by a 12-y-o with a keyboard and access to the Internet?
    Champion Concepts: Nylah

Custom Skins:
    Cyberchrome Terror Terminus / Vampire Zhin / Raijin Grohk

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinn View Post
    i think the most annoying thing is something iv seen happen in ranked. when i qued into a match someone asked me to be a Fl/tank class. something i dont play as. im a damage class its all i can play. im no good at tanks and i dont realy own any... fernado being theo nly one i do have but i refuse to play him. -.-'' i hate playing him that much. anyway on point with where i was going. the person got mad becuse i tryed to exsplane i cant play a FL/tank class.

that im only good as a damage. (( it was to late to go for my backup as a healer. im not the best with my pip but i can atleast keep the tank alive. )) it was a lucky moment though we didnt make it into match someone on the opasit team droped out..
    1. Maybe, just maybe, that someone is better than you in playing damage class, that leaves someone have to play tank.

2. if you just can play damage, don't play into ranked because you're not the best damage that have to play damage all you want and don't think about others, if you just wanna play damage class, there's casual for you.

3. I understand why that person mad, if you can't play any role besides damage ( i'm not saying that you have to master all class, just play decently with other classes), then train more about others in casual OR buy another champion. FL like torv and makoa are interesting to play. You want easy pew pew support? Buy jenos.

4. "it's easier to master a single role then it is to master all of them." no one said you have to master all classes to be accepted in ranked, just play decently especially if you wanna go to ranked.
    Last edited by ArChie24; 12-08-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    Deactivate Sooner or Later
    Thanks OB64

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcie View Post
    Jenos, heal? Nah, that's what Pip's here for!
    Pip is a really good healer if you play him as such.

Anyways, you gotta remember a few things about how roles work in this game. You usually have multiple roles and each champion in question is good for different things, especially on how you play them. Some champions can be used for different roles, but not at the same time.

For example, Pip is usually a secondary or extra support but he can be played as a main support if you're good enough as him and play him as such. Fernando is also in a similar boat where he is usually better at being a secondary tank who is very aggressive, chases a lot, and generally keeps the enemy away from the point BUT Aegis allows him to be played as a main tank who can be a bit difficult to take down while protecting the point (though it isn't recommended).

You just gotta figure out your character's specific role and how you prefer to play that character from other players or on your own. Once you get things down and start improving, then overtime you can be certain that you aren't a problem and figure out what is causing the problem of a lost. Was it an enemy being too good? Or maybe your teammate is out of position somewhere? Who knows. You could figure it out yourself.

Simple as that.
    ~[Champion Concepts]~
    *Echo, of the Night Band
    *Zarion, The Undead King
    *Snarce, Trickster of the North

~[Level 20+ Champions]~
    *Pip, The Rogue Alchemist
    *Mal'Damba, Wekono's Chosen

Member Sovereign Prince GaoShun's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    see and that was what i was geting at mostly in what i was saying. if you want a role filled and not everyone can fill it why not be it your self ?

the way he was makeing it sound is its my fault for now owning one of every type of champion and knowing how to use them.

if you want a role filled why force others to fill it when you can fill it your self. insted of demanding to play a role that others might only beable to play ?
    oh the irony
    You don't care, why should I care lol

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    so by your logic people that dont own all the champions should just not do ranked at all ?
    Actually, by common logic (also by old HiRez logic, by the way), people that don't KNOW HOW TO PLAY a good amount of champions should not do ranked at all ;-)
    New HiRez logic is JuJu saying you don't need to train for ranked. But, hey, there's a reason why this game is dying.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    see and that was what i was geting at mostly in what i was saying. if you want a role filled and not everyone can fill it why not be it your self ?

the way he was makeing it sound is its my fault for now owning one of every type of champion and knowing how to use them.

if you want a role filled why force others to fill it when you can fill it your self. insted of demanding to play a role that others might only beable to play ?
    It's the games fault that let's you play competitive. in order to play comp you should master at the very least 2 champions per class, otherwise you are dragging your team down with your inability to flex. You can at least try to learn 4 of the for classies preferably supp, frontline and one of the other 2.

Bottom line do not play competitive if all you can do is damage.
    Quick Play Queue is new mode replacing Casual Queue. In this Queue the player can build a deck with no point-limit using the Cards he or she has acquired. Up to five Level 10 cards can be used in a loadout.
    I guess this is still a thing, I am not angry, i am just sad. I could adapt to stupid Balance changes, the horrible grind, the 3rd person camera and the bugs but not this. The card customization was everything for me.

Bye paladins, it was fun while it lasted, you will be missed. :'(