Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Retaliation Zhin is still not balanced

  1. #1
    Member Count
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    579
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,122, Level: 27
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

    Retaliation Zhin is still not balanced

    With his basic attack buff (which was unnecessary) Zhin is hard to counter, especially in casually games where people still shoot his counter.

    With retaliation Zhin has 3 abilities to close distance and if he ends up in the middle of a group he just pops counter. Given the low ttk, you can't afford to wait for Zhin's counter to end nor can you afford to leave him alone.

    Simple fix: retaliation should provide a damage buff to counter or make it so that a successful hit with counter reduces cooldown on all other abilities by 100%.

    Also, even worse, it seems that counter now stacks the number of times you shoot it and will keep activating even if you stop shooting.

  2. #2
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    68
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Git gud.

    In all honesty. You just need to play better. Retaliation is bad at high level.
    How to counter Zhin: run away lol, or just play any tank.

    Main Tanks:
    Ash, Nando, Makoa.

    Main Damage:
    Grover, Bomb King, Sha Lin

    Main Healer:
    M a l ' D a m b a

    Main flank:
    Avatar relevant.

  3. #3
    Member Recruit
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    12
    Points: 625, Level: 12
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappinmahsentry View Post
    Git gud.

    In all honesty. You just need to play better. Retaliation is bad at high level.
    Not about him, but what can he to with his teammates.. zhin is impossible to kill 1vs1, you need to focus him. Any master champion cant kill a gold zhin, because you only have about 2 seconds to do that, you know counter billow (with healing maybe).
    And seriously now, no flank should be needed at least 2 players to counter him. And to be honest >>> every player is bad at high level, or good. problem is zhin has to of a low gap kill and more over, at close range you cant miss his shots, they cover a 30 inch screen....

  4. #4
    Member Baronet
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    154
    Level
    14
    Points: 765, Level: 14
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Lol Retaliation is his best card. It acts as a 3rd escape so he can get away or cool down billow. Don't tell people to git gud unless you know what your talking about. If he doesn't have retaliation just burn through his reflect from afar but Zhin is fine. People need to learn not to shoot it like they did with genji.

  5. #5
    Member Baron M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    286
    Level
    15
    Points: 836, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BluntBacteria View Post
    Not about him, but what can he to with his teammates.. zhin is impossible to kill 1vs1, you need to focus him. Any master champion cant kill a gold zhin, because you only have about 2 seconds to do that, you know counter billow (with healing maybe).
    I played Zhin a few times in competitive now and I'd really love to know how this works with the 2 seconds. It's peace a cake for other flanks to kill me. Billow has a cooldown of 15(!) seconds. Counter goes for 2 seconds or 3. What do I do during the 12-13 seconds until billow comes up again? Even with chronos III there are 7-8 seconds until billow is ready again. Is there a trick I don't know?

  6. #6
    Forum Moderator King Wallachia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    8,564
    Level
    100
    Points: 156,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    I played Zhin a few times in competitive now and I'd really love to know how this works with the 2 seconds. It's peace a cake for other flanks to kill me. Billow has a cooldown of 15(!) seconds. Counter goes for 2 seconds or 3. What do I do during the 12-13 seconds until billow comes up again? Even with chronos III there are 7-8 seconds until billow is ready again. Is there a trick I don't know?
    Do not activate Billow if not BEFORE using counter + make sure your counter extension card is at level 4 + buy chronos + buy veteran to heal faster + max out billow extension card for veteran to become effective + put the Billow CD reduction on kill.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

    HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger.

    Booster Moderator
    “OB63 introduces a new type of Moderator that acts as a Ban Booster, not only for you, but also your entire mod team! These unique Legendary ban skins are available for every champion and include custom ban and banhammer animation.”

  7. #7
    Member Viscount CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    443
    Level
    30
    Points: 2,452, Level: 30
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by The_black_of_sin View Post
    With his basic attack buff (which was unnecessary) Zhin is hard to counter, especially in casually games where people still shoot his counter.

    With retaliation Zhin has 3 abilities to close distance and if he ends up in the middle of a group he just pops counter. Given the low ttk, you can't afford to wait for Zhin's counter to end nor can you afford to leave him alone.

    Simple fix: retaliation should provide a damage buff to counter or make it so that a successful hit with counter reduces cooldown on all other abilities by 100%.

    Also, even worse, it seems that counter now stacks the number of times you shoot it and will keep activating even if you stop shooting.
    How to counter Counter.

    Don't shoot him.

    You don't necessarily have to kill Zhin when he shows up. Make him pop his counter, ignore, he will billow away, repeat when he rears his ugly head.
    For a lazy person like me, making myself more work actively is something I avoid. However, I will make an exception for once. Why? Simple, because I am

    REALLY PISSED

    All of OB64 needs to be canceled, at least temporarily. Sure, there are some good points, but I am not going to eat a cake made of shit just because you put some frosting on it.

    If this patch goes live, I am officially quitting Paladins unless they fix the game. Which I am very much in doubt of.

  8. #8
    Member Knight ArChie24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    87
    Level
    8
    Points: 409, Level: 8
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    How to counter Counter.

    Don't shoot him.

    You don't necessarily have to kill Zhin when he shows up. Make him pop his counter, ignore, he will billow away, repeat when he rears his ugly head.
    And gangbang him, make sure to go with some of your teammates
    Deactivate Sooner or Later
    Thanks OB64

  9. #9
    Member Duke CatManDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Somewhere alone in Brightmarsh
    Posts
    1,725
    Level
    62
    Points: 8,559, Level: 62
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    I still think the only real issue with this, is how much he can stall.
    Protect your supports please... And boycott OB64
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

    Just a silly idea

    Support Pip guide here!

    Fix the Pip bugs! There are 31 of them, so can we fix them please?

    Well. This may end up being support Pip players.

  10. #10
    Member Baron M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    286
    Level
    15
    Points: 836, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Do not activate Billow if not BEFORE using counter + make sure your counter extension card is at level 4 + buy chronos + buy veteran to heal faster + max out billow extension card for veteran to become effective + put the Billow CD reduction on kill.
    I'll try this. Zhin is fun but I die like a fly. :/

    In fact I use the selfheal legendary atm since without it the other flank just follows me and finishes me up when I use billow.

    I tried it out. It's even worse this way. They just wait till my counter is finished and kill me. Sure if I just play passive it might work, but if I attack and loose HP before I counter I am done. If I gain HP by counter and billow I can at least attack the champ following me, since my HP is full again.
    Last edited by M3RC3N4RI0; 12-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •